Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for kjk > Reviews

Browse

kjk's Profile

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kjk RSS Feed (East coast, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Billionaire's Bodyguard Bride
The Billionaire's Bodyguard Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure & Romance, May 14, 2015
The Billionaire’s Bodyguard Bride has a little bit of everything that I enjoy in books. It’s a story about second chances, and who doesn’t love a second chance to make things right? It has glamor and suspense and danger. But mostly, it has romance, which is great, and yup, a bit of spice, too! The story is well written and a fun read. I’ll be watching for the next book in Lisa Weaver’s her Sentinel Agent series.

Royal Date (The Royals of Monterra)
Royal Date (The Royals of Monterra)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Relaxing Read, May 4, 2015
The Royal Date is a fun, relaxing read. It’s a fairy tale story, so there are no surprises. Thus, the relaxing read. The fun part is the story is well written. I enjoyed the heroine’s sharp wit and yes, the prince is swoon worthy. A great book to help you escape for a few hours.

Captain and Countess
Captain and Countess

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, May 1, 2015
Captain and Countess has all my favorite elements of a romance. Eccentric and outspoken, as well as…er, earthy, the heroine, Bess, is refreshingly different. It took the hero a little time to get up to speed on what a treasure he’d found, but only because he was so determined to do what he believed was the right thing. Alice Gaines is a skilled writer and made it easy for me to see each scene clearly because of her incredible attention to detail. Captain and Countess was a fun book to read. I hope she has a series planned for the rest of her characters.

Weakest Lynx (The Lynx Series)
Weakest Lynx (The Lynx Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Your Schedules!, April 29, 2015
I had so much fun reading The Weakest Lynx. Thank goodness Fiona Quinn has the next book (“Missing Link) up for pre-order already. Lexi is a fascinating mix of super-talented, kick-ass heroine and vulnerable young woman. I love how the author balanced these two faucets of the heroine’s character. Striker made not only a yummy hero, but was the perfect foil to Lexi’s innocence. Two more things I liked about this book. Hair-raising action was nicely balanced with slower, tender moments. And the author built a community of characters around the heroine that made Lexi more real to me. Ms. Quinn didn’t miss a beat with The Weakest Lynx. The book kept me up late several nights because I couldn't stop reading. Can’t wait for the next one!

Fatal Hearts
Fatal Hearts
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Characters, September 14, 2014
This review is from: Fatal Hearts (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I've read other books by Norah Wilson and find with each one that I identify with her characters. If they were real, I'd want them to be my friends. I thought the book had the perfect blend of romance and suspense. And as a bonus, I learned a few new things.

Cape of Secrets (A Bay of Fundy Romantic Suspense Book 1)
Cape of Secrets (A Bay of Fundy Romantic Suspense Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Gothic!, July 29, 2014
It's been a long time since I've read a Gothic romance, and for me, Cape of Secrets had all the elements of a good Gothic romance. I even, at one point, yelled at the heroine, "Don't go down there!" I loved the lighthouse setting, and found Lee wove a lot of interesting facts about India I didn't know. At least, I think they were facts! Lee does such a good job it's hard to tell.

Casters Series Box Set
Casters Series Box Set
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Original!, July 16, 2014
I wish the word awesome wasn’t so overused because the word describes the Casters series perfectly. I got shivers when I realized the premise of the story – casting out into the night! These books have everything – rich characterization, original premise, and subplots that are skillfully woven together. In a word – awesome!

Unknown Assailant: Romantic Suspense
Unknown Assailant: Romantic Suspense
Price: $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathless!, July 1, 2014
I had such a great time reading Unknown Assailant. It has everything I love in a story. The book is fast-paced, has a great love story, and I can guarantee the ending will surprise you. Lina Gardiner knows how to plot a novel with twists and turns that keep you guessing until the last page. I wonder what she’ll come up with next.

Strange Faces
Strange Faces
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Strange Faces (Kindle Edition)
I’ve been reading Linda Hall’s new collection of short stories, Strange Faces, and I have to say, Wow! and Wow! The writing is beautiful and the stories chilling and unique. The author mines the underbelly of humanity and cranks up the tension until you’re galloping through each story to discover what happens. Well done, Linda Hall!

Gift of Prophecy: Epic Fantasy
Gift of Prophecy: Epic Fantasy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Read, March 7, 2014
It’s hard to know where to start when talking about Lina Gardiner’s Gift of Prophecy. The worlds she builds within her book are fascinating, but so are her characters and her creatures. (You have to read about the “Mortis”! Amazing.) And let’s not forget the suspenseful story line that keeps you turning pages far into the night. I’d love to know if she plans to write more in this series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4