Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Cat Gurinsky > Reviews

Browse

Cat Gurinsky's Profile

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cat Gurinsky "Cat" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hot Chillys Women's Micro-Elite Chamois 8K  Ankle Tight - Available in Can, Black, X-Small
Offered by Peter Glenn Ski & Sport
Price: $54.93
2 used & new from $54.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cozy base layer for skiing, October 10, 2012
I use these as my base layer for skiing. They are just perfect for keeping me warm and toasty all day. On warmer days I'll wear just these and my ski pants, colder days I'll use a mid-layer on top of these as well.

Danielle Vanity Mirror, Chrome, 5X
Danielle Vanity Mirror, Chrome, 5X
Offered by Arden's Warehouse
Price: $19.80
5 used & new from $19.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job, decent for the price, October 10, 2012
I got this so I'd have a mirror I could leave at work. It's not the world's highest quality mirror, but for the price, it works well for what I need it for (makeup/hair in the morning before I start my day) Easy to assemble.

Iaido Sword: Kamimoto-Ha Techniques of Muso Shinden Ryu
Iaido Sword: Kamimoto-Ha Techniques of Muso Shinden Ryu

5.0 out of 5 stars My bible when we can't remember something, October 10, 2012
I study iaido and this book is great because what we learn in class is the same as what is in the book described in intricate detail. I really love using this book anytime I need to practice and can't remember a part of something, it's very detailed/descriptive. Lots of great information in here. I have the Kindle version, which is nice since I can search it very easily to find exactly what I'm looking for. Definitely recommend this to iaido practitioners.

Hot Chillys Women's Lo Volume Sock (Sky/Heather, Medium)
Hot Chillys Women's Lo Volume Sock (Sky/Heather, Medium)
Price: $13.49
7 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite ski socks, super thin, but still warm, October 10, 2012
I really hate wearing thick socks under my ski boots, so these are the perfect socks I've found. They are still plenty warm but have no cushion so they don't feel bulky in my ski boots. I use these with the Atomic ski boots that have the electronic heaters in them, and they are great.

Promax LS Lower Sugar Energy Bar Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Promax LS Lower Sugar Energy Bar Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Offered by Speedy Nutrition
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy and filling!, October 10, 2012
I eat one of these a day before working out at martial arts. The peanut butter cookie dough is definitely my favorite flavor. I love that it's not one of those "gross" tasting protein bars. It's got a good source of what I need to keep my hunger at bay, provide my body with protein and fiber, but not overload me with sugar or gluten.

Hill's Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Original Dry Cat Food, 17.5-Pound Bag
Hill's Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Original Dry Cat Food, 17.5-Pound Bag
2 used & new from $68.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The only food I give my cats!, October 10, 2012
My cats have been on Hill's Science Diet since they came home as kittens. This food is great and keeps them very healthy, it's what the vet has always recommended and I've stuck with for my cats. I get the big bag because it's easier to store it in a large air-tight container near their food and not have to worry about buying food every other week or so. So glad to see this on Amazon Prime now, I used to have to go out of my way to speciality pet stores just to get it as places like PetCo out here don't always carry it.

EDIT/UPDATE: My oldest cat is turning 6 this year and my younger one will be 4 later this year. Both are still very healthy, active, and not overweight.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 2:42 PM PST

DryGuy Wide-Body Boot and Glove Dryer
DryGuy Wide-Body Boot and Glove Dryer
Offered by JD PowerSellers
Price: $69.95
9 used & new from $53.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but not perfect, February 21, 2012
This works great to dry snowboard boots and ski boots... the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that I still have to take my ski boot liners out and put just the liners on to get them fully dry... if I leave them in the boots, even 3 hours with heat doesn't dry them fully which is disappointing. As long as I remove the liners and only put the liners on the dryer and then wipe down the inside of the boots, then everything dries fine. The snowboard boots always dry faster than my ski boots too, so if you've only got snowboard boots no worries there. I still use this religiously despite the hassle of having to remove my liners as it's still better than any other option I have to dry my ski boots.

Oakley Unisex-Adult Crowbar Goggles (Matte White,Fire Polarized)
Oakley Unisex-Adult Crowbar Goggles (Matte White,Fire Polarized)

5.0 out of 5 stars The great Oakley quality you expect, January 24, 2012
I've been an Oakley fan since I was a kid and got my first pair of Oakley's. I needed new Oakley's this year as my old ones had gone missing... and after much research decided on the matte white crowbar with the Fire Iridium Polarized lenses. The definition on the lens during sunny days is AWESOME. My only word of advise is make sure you're aware of how much light transmission you get for the lens tint you pick as while these are great for the day, for dark conditions I had to go and buy a "replacement" lens to swap out for night skiing with this goggle. Thankfully there's videos you can find on youtube easily that show you it's a cinch to swap out lenses when you need to :) Definitely recommend this goggle! I use mine with a helmet and the anti-slip grip on the strap works great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2015 4:10 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mascara I've ever used!, January 24, 2012
I dare say this is the best mascara I've ever purchased/used. It goes on so easily, doesn't clump when applying it and defines really well. I sometimes use an eyelash comb if I want a little extra definition, as long as you use the comb after applying it before it dries it is easy to separate them. Once the mascara dries it doesn't budge and lasts through everything. I've tested it the following conditions with no problems: long sweaty martial arts workouts, pouring rain, skiing all day, and even crying bouts too. I sleep in it as I'm a person who likes to take morning showers, and that's about the only time I notice any issue, there's a few tiny flakes in the morning on my face when I wake up. But still LOADS better than any regular mascara I've used in the past and slept in. Removal is very easy, I like to remove mine in the shower. Get my face warm and fully wet from the shower, and then just gently slide it off the lashes with my fingers. As long as you get your face thoroughly wet and warm they will slide off very easily... if your face isn't warm enough or wet enough then you'll be tugging, so if you find yourself tugging soak a bit more first. So long story short I highly recommend this to anyone on the fence, you won't regret it! I'm a Blinc convert!

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
19 used & new from $28.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Each generation Kindle keeps getting better!, March 14, 2011
I've owned both a 1st gen and 2nd gen Kindle and can safely say they get better with each release. This one is great in the slightly smaller form factor and I like the graphite color much better than the standard white they used to only offer Kindles in. It's also nice to have a 3G+Wifi version since when I bought my Kindle 2 it was before the Wifi versions came out... so I like being able to pop it on wifi at home and 3G everywhere else for better connections. Basically with 3G+Wifi it always works no matter where you are, and that's a great design feature. I am a huge fan of e-book and read all my books in e-book. I love pre-ordering Kindle books and having them show up first thing the day of their release.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4