Profile for Carla McCune-Cano > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carla McCune-Cano "CC" RSS Feed (Lexington, KY)

Page: 1 | 2
Neon Dragon: A Knight and Devlin Thriller
Neon Dragon: A Knight and Devlin Thriller
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Neon Dragon, July 23, 2013
Michael Knight is asked to represent a judges son in a homicide defense. He is up against a Chinese tong, while at the same time trying to right a wrong against one of the lead attorneys in the firm.

Michael Knight is a likable character. His background wasn't really explored enough before being plunged into this case. He seemed to encounter great obstacles and his compassion for everyone involved was a bit overdone.

The story was a page turner, full of action and suspense. It even had a beginning of a romance or two. This is the first in a partnership between Michael Knight and Lex Devlin, the lead attorney. Knight's fierce desire to clear Devlin's name from a scandal that happened 10 years ago seemed a bit contrived. He met him only a handful of times.

While much of the obstacles and the way Knight handles them seemed unbelievable for me, I enjoyed the pace of the book. I enjoyed the hope that Knight was successful and was able to accomplish everything he set out to do while still maintaining his impeccable character.

Children of the Fog
Children of the Fog
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, July 21, 2013
I loved everything about this story. Sadie was a great character. She was believable and easy to feel for. This book had me straight from the beginning. I couldn't put it down. A mother's struggle as she wrestles with the loss of her son, husband, friend and life as she knew it. It was a mystery, thriller and horror tale all wrapped into one neat package. Will be buying more of her books.

Red Tide
Red Tide

3.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Red Tide (Kindle Edition)
I found this story compelling me to finish it. I however was disappointed in a couple of areas. Kylie's age was not consistent. I also felt the relationships of the characters were a bit flat. If the story had been fleshed out a bit more it would have been easy to give this a four star rating. This is the first thing I have read from this author and will read more to see how she has grown as an author. The plot was great. I look forward to reading the next book.

Secrets of Successful Writers
Secrets of Successful Writers
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sincere look at writing, June 25, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. As an aspiring author I feel like it was a wonderfully realistic read. It has sincere tips for what it is actually like to be an author. I do not feel like it was sugar coated with fluff. Pitt loaded the book with valuable insight by a wide range of authors. I would read this author again without hesitation. Thank you for compiling such a valuable volume of information for beginners to get a bit of inspiration and a realistic view of writing.

Coyote Crossing the Line
Coyote Crossing the Line
by Pamela Nyman
Price: $11.69
10 used & new from $9.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Coyote Crossing The Line Review, June 25, 2013
This book was OK. I read the whole thing in a very short time. It was a fast read. It needed additional editing in severla parts of the book. Most of it was engaging. They needed more background information on the issue of Paige's kidnapping. I also thought they were very stereotypical of Mexican's. So much so that it was uncomfortable to read certain parts of the book.With a little more editing, more background info and a few supporting " good, honest" Mexicans this would have been a four star book.

The Observer
The Observer

4.0 out of 5 stars The Observer kept my interest., February 18, 2012
This review is from: The Observer (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this. I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know what happened next. The story kept me interested and I didn't feel that the editing was distracting. All in all I would recommend this to my friends that enjoy sci-fi and romance.

Reaper II: Neophyte
Reaper II: Neophyte

2.0 out of 5 stars Reaper II: Worse than the first, February 18, 2012
Well, I was very disappointed with this installment. First, 40% was the copy of the first, I did not understand that. Second, she really did go on to much about "the dark thing" and it was too much. I still think this story has great potential but I am in agreement an editor is needed. I really wish that Amanda Holt would have someone edit her work and maybe throw some ideas around on how to clean up her ideas. I would love to know how it works out but do not want to read 80% of the next book a copy of the first two and then read about how "the dark thing" engulfs her for 15% more of the book.

Reaper I: The Beginning
Reaper I: The Beginning

3.0 out of 5 stars Reaper I: The Beginning, February 18, 2012
Well, I quickly realized this was a short story. I thought the idea was interesting. I felt the editing was lacking, there were many issues that could have been cleared up with a good editor. The story was weak and thin, I would have enjoyed the book had it been fleshed out. It could be a good story, but I agree with others that it was more or less an outline. I do hope that Amanda Holt decides to finish her character a bit more and really do justice to this story.

Strange Places
Strange Places

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange Places - good read, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Strange Places (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I will look for other books written by Rob Heinze. He kept my interest and I didn't feel like he needed to use spell check. His characters were engaging and his writing vivid. I recommend him to anyone that wants to be entertained.

The Deputy
The Deputy
Price: $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Read, December 10, 2011
This review is from: The Deputy (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It was a page turner. This is the first book by Victor Gischler that I have read and I bought another because of this one. It was well written and easy to read. It kept me on the edge of my seat. As another reader said earlier, this is the kind of book that makes reading fun.

Page: 1 | 2