Profile for D. Truong > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 454

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Truong "-The Duke-" RSS Feed (New Mexico)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mi3D® Virtual Reality Black Cardboard Viewer Complete Kit - Inspired by Google Cardboard
Offered by Micasa Trading Limited
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality Google Cardboard Viewer at an awesome Price!, December 19, 2014
This Mi3D® Virtual Reality Black Cardboard Viewer (for Google Cardboard) is a surprising well made viewer, especially considering the price. This worked much better than I anticipated on my Galaxy S4 phone. This is my first experience using a device like this and using the Google Cardboard apps, so I was very pleasantly surprised. It was pretty easy to put together too. Although it would've been nice to have a manual with instructions, it was pretty easy because you just match up the cut out notches with the numbers printed on the cardboard. The magnet on the side is used as a button... very ingenious design. Make sure to download the "google cardboard app" and go through the tutorial section of the app to learn how to use it. As for the design elements, I especially like that it had heavy duty velcro on top to hold the flap down on top after you put your phone in. For under 20 bucks, this thing is well worth the price! Highly recommend to anyone who's interested in checking out what Google Cardboard Apps are all about. If you're into 3D movies, you'd like this inexpensive gadget.

Mondaynoon" Elegant Lady" Swarovski Elements Women's Rope Bangle Crystal Bracelet (Colorful Blue)
Offered by Mondaynoon
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful and uniquely designed bracelet... I like it., December 19, 2014
I was surprised at how nice this blue Rope Bangle Crystal Bracelet was when it arrived. I really love the blue color of the crystal. I think the look of the crystal looks really nice with the rest of the bracelet design. The small white circular crystals next to the big blue crystal are nice too! Overall, for this price... I think this bracelet looks very nice and is well designed.

Mondaynoon Swarovski Elements Crystal Pendant Necklace for Women forever love (white + gold)
Offered by Mondaynoon
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Heart Pendant at a Great Price!, December 19, 2014
This Mondaynoon Swarovski Elements "Forever Love" Hearts pendant looks really nice... especially considering the price. I like the contrast between the silver/gold colored metals, and like how the inner heart can rotate inside. The crystals around the heart look nice too. My GF was happy with it too, which was the ultimate test in my opinion :) My only wish was that the metals were really silver and gold, but I can't take a star away for that. All in all, it's a beautiful heart pendant at a great price.

INGEAR Quick - Exit. Equipped with a Window Battering Steel Tip and Razor. This Flashlight Makes for the Perfect Vehicle Emergency Light. Great for Car emergency, Survival kit, camping & outdoor activities. LED Flashlight, Batteries included!
Offered by INGEAR
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little Emergency Flashlight!, December 16, 2014
This INGEAR "Quick Exit" small flashlight is an impressive piece of engineering. It's build quality is top notch, the LEDs are very bright for a flashlight this size, the seatbelt cutter looks heavy duty enough to get the job done, and it even came with batteries included! I believe the LED bulbs are from CREE, which are suposed to be the best LED bulbs money can buy. All in all, there is really nothing to complain about. It's a great little flashlight to have in anyone's car for emergencies.
PROS:

-CREE LEDs are bright and wonderful
-Very Sturdy Build Quality
-Seat Belt Cutter Tool is Sharp and Looks Sturdy enough for the job
-Comes with Batteries Included

CONS:
-None, Nada, Zilch

[Apple MFi Certified] iOrange-E™Lightning to USB Cable 3.3ft (1M) 8-Pin Lightning USB Charge & Data Sync Cable for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5, iPad Air, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation ,White
Offered by Every Boutique
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Affordable Lightning Cable... Just as Good as Apple's Original Cable, December 16, 2014
This iOrange-E(tm) Lightning USB Cable 3.3ft for Apple devices is really nice! The quality is comparable to the orignal Apple cable and it has works perfectly. The nice thing is that it is much more affordable than the Original Cable made from Apple, so I have no complaints. I would happily recommend this to anyone who needs a really nice, high quality lightning cable.

PROS:
-Nice Build Quality
-Works Perfect
-Looks and Feels just as nice as Apple's original lightning cable.
-Affordable
-Comes in a different array of colors

CONS:
-None

[Apple MFi Certified] iOrange-E™ Lightning to USB Cable 3.3ft (1M) 8-Pin Lightning USB Charge & Data Sync Braided Cable with Aluminum Shell Connectors for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5, iPad Air, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation ,Full Silver
Offered by Every Boutique
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Premium Lightning Cable! Love it!, December 16, 2014
This iOrange-E(tm) Lightning USB Cable 3.3ft for Apple devices looks and feels very premium. I especially like the braided aluminum shell. The quality is much better than even the original Apple cable and it has works perfectly. I have no complaints about it. I would happily recommend this to anyone who needs a really nice, high quality lightning cable.

PROS:
-Very Premium Build (Aluminum braided shell is awesome)
-Works Perfect
-Looks and Feels nicer than Apple's original lightning cable.

CONS:
-None

INGEAR 3-in-1. This LED Flashlight Is Great As a Car Emergency or Survival Kit work light. With a Magnet & a Durable Cast Adding a Self-defense Utility. For Car repair, Vehicle Emergency kit, safety equipment. Batteries included!(sliver)
Offered by INGEAR
Price: $46.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This LED Flashlight ROCKS! Awesomely designed, well thought out, and executed brilliantly. Easily 5 STARS!, December 5, 2014
This INGEAR 3-in-1 LED Flashlight literally ROCKS! This is one of the easiest 5-Stars I have given away to a product because this product goes so above and beyond my expectations. It really seems like a solidly built and well designed/crafted product. Every function that they added to this flashlight works exceptionally well. The LEDs on the front of the flashlight are really bright as well as the ones on the side of the flashlight. I'd like to note that there are white LEDs on both the front and side lights as well. In the photos, they only show the red LEDs (used in emergency mode to flag someone down) but there are also a whole bunch of bright white LEDS on it's side which can be used as a worklight!
Another great feature is the magnet at the end of the flashlight. This magnet is much more powerful than I anticipated. It would be perfect for picking up lost small metal items like lost nuts and bolts. The fact that it is so powerful makes it much more useful.
Finally, the body of the flashlight itself looks very well designed and sturdy. I like the rubber grips and metal chasis. It looks nice but is also very functional. I think this perfect blend of form and function makes this flashlight a winner. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone who needs a flashlight with multiple effective functions!

PROS:
-White LED lights on front and sides of flashlight are very bright!
-Build Quality seems very sturdy.
-Very well thought out design overall.
-Includes batteries (always a good thing)
-Magnet at the end of the flashlight is actually very powerful. Which makes it very useful!
-Rubber grips on handle are a nice touch.

CONS:
-Nothing. They nailed it. I love everything about this flashlight.

Baytek Portable Light-Weight Powerbank USB Cellphone Charger 3000mAh with Samsung Battery Cell Made from Real Wood, Compatible with iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5c, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, and Android Phones, Walnut Wood
Offered by iTech-Deals
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very unique looking, easy to use, no frills charger, December 5, 2014
This 3000mah Baytek Portable Powerbank Cellphone Charger is one of the most unique looking external battery chargers on the market right now. The fact that the body of the charger is made of real wood and has an interesting shape certainly makes it stand out. I like that it has different varieties of wood available such as Cherry, Ebony, and Natural wood, in addition to Walnut. Another aspect of this charger that I like is how easy it is to use.

There are a few things about this product which I thought could've used improvement though. For one, 3000mah isn't really a large capacity. I'm not even sure if this is it's true capacity because it does not say anywhere on the box, manuals, or product itself that it is 3000mah... which is quite odd. Another piece of information which I wished was included in the package is whether this charger's output is 1amp or 2amp during charging. I didn't see this information on Amazon's website either. It seems to charge relatively slow for me, so I'm guessing it's a 1amp charger. Generally speaking, I like to know this sort of information before buying so it's unfortunate that it's not provided. Lastly, the manual is really badly written. I mean, it's just very bad grammar that could have been excusable back in the early 80's perhaps... but nowadays I kind of expect the english instructions to actually make sense. Luckily, most people probably won't really need a manual to understand how to use this thing. Other improvement suggestions I have would be to include adding a battery gauge somewhere (like a line of LEDs) to show how charged the internal battery is and adding an LED flashlight function (it's already shapped like a flashlight, why not add one to it?).

All in all, it's an attractive no frills charger that seems to work well, and is easy to use. If the wood decor isn't your forte, then there are plenty of other portable external battery chargers out there with higher battery capacity and features out there to choose from.

PROS:
-Real Wood finish looks great and very unique.

-Many different wood finishes to choose from.

-Easy to Use.

-Cool unique shape.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONS:
-3000mah is a bit small for battery capacity (considering relative size of charger). Only able to charge most phones once... or less

-No battery gauge... No way to see how charged or depleted it is.

-Poorly written manual and no specificiations information provided.

ZILU Smart Power Basic 4400mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack Backup Power Bank for Cellphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by ZiLuTech
Price: $49.90
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little charger, lots of stuff to LOVE about it., December 5, 2014
This ZILU Smart Power Basic 4400mAh is a very impressive little portable external battery charger. For starters, it is probably the most efficient battery charger that I've come across... which is definitely a good thing when it comes to smaller capacity chargers. According to their specifications, the internal battery is over 90 percent efficient. In my usage experience with it, this seems to be an accurate number. I use it with my Galaxy S4 and it works great. This combination of size, portability, and battery efficiency is awesome. The fact that a small charger like this can actually charge my phone more than once is the real world benefit... cheers. I love that it has a led flashlight built into it too. This is an awesome because this charger is perfect for leaving in a car or purse... why not add a flashlight to it too? Brilliant. Lastly, this charger can charge your phone fast because it has 2amp output charging port (USB). Most external chargers this size that I've seen can only charge at 1amp (which takes twice as long to charge your device). So, all these things add up to make a very high quality and portable 4400mAh external battery charger. I'd recommend it to anyone who would want a small, yet powerfully efficient charger that doubles as a flashlight. Here are the quick Pros and Cons for those who just want the to cut to the chase :

PROS:
-Super efficient internal battery. This means most of the 4400mAh is actually going towards charging your phone and less energy being loss as other stuff... like heat.
-Built in LED flashlight is neat and is bright enough to be useful.
-4400mAh is enough to charge most phones more than 100% before having to recharge battery charger.
-2amp output means fast charging. Much faster than similar 1amp chargers out there.
-Comes in many color choices
-Great design makes it easy to use and easy to carry around.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $280.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands Down, the Best Tablet ever!, November 14, 2014
The Samsung Galaxy S 8.4" Tablet knocks it out of the park. I have owned many tablets through the ages including the iPad (1,2,3), multiple Amazon Fire Kindles, Galaxy Tabs (multiple generations including the first 7” tablet they made and their first super amoled tablet the Samsung 7.7"), Motorola tablet, some Nooks and Nook HDs, and even the lesser known Toshiba excite 7.7" (which used super-amoled screen as well). I may have tested more tablets than 99% of the people out there (yeah, I'm a bit of a tablet fanatic) and I have to say that the Galaxy S 8.4" Super Amoled Tablet is the best I've seen so far. It gets so many things right and excels at it… plus, it has the best screen out of any tablet in the world. If you get a chance to see the screen for yourself in person, take a look and you will see what I mean. I want to note that I’m not an Android or Samsung fanatic… in fact, I still own my trusty iPad 3 and I owned an iPhone for many years. I recently bought my GF an iphone too. I admit that Apple makes great devices, but in this case I just have to say that the Galaxy S 8.4” is just better than the iPad mini’s in many ways. Here are the pros and Cons:

PROS:
-The most amazing, sharp and vibrant screen I have ever seen on a tablet… period. If you don’t believe me, go see one for yourself.
-Surprisingly Thin and Light.
-Great Battery life considering how thin and light it is
-Micro-SD card expansion! I love having expandable memory
-With all these cutting edge features, it’s actually still competitively priced!
-Finger print reader works great (but not as great as Apple’s, I will admit)
-Build quality looks top notch.
-Fast! The processor is speedy as expected from a high end tablet.
-3GB of RAM (Hell yes!)

CONS:
-Camera isn’t amazing, but for a tablet camera it’s ok. I would say its average.
-Samsung’s touch-wiz interface (while pretty) is not as efficient as Android’s original OS. Luckily, the fast processor doesn’t lag because of it.
-Not Water-Proof (as far as I know)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20