Profile for D. Truong > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 413

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Truong "-The Duke-" RSS Feed (New Mexico)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LyveHome Photo and Video Manager for Mobile Devices with 2TB Storage
LyveHome Photo and Video Manager for Mobile Devices with 2TB Storage
Price: $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is a killer product to have for any photo person! A great idea turned into a great product!, July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This LyveHome Photo and Video Manager for Mobile Devices with 2TB Storage is a pretty cool little gadget. It's one of those things that I didn't think I needed until it was invented... now I wonder why someone didn't invent it earlier. I love how it automatically backs up the photos on my phone to the 2TB storage sitting at home. The build quality of this thing is really nice. It reminds me of a certain company that starts with an "A" and is the name of a fruit. The touchscreen interface is easy to navigate and the screen picture quality is very good. I like that you can attach a USB drive or Portable hard-drive to it and it will automatically backup the photos and videos to it as well! It's definitely cool to be able to show friends and family every photo in your archive which is backed up! The only few downsides is that if you have a ton of photos in your archive like I do, it does take a long time to back them up wirelessly to the LyvHome 2TB station... and for the items to show up on your app. But once they are, new photos are backed up pretty fast and efficiently. One function that I wish was in the app is if there was a way to download a specific photo (Full-size original version) onto your phone's physical storage. At the moment, you can see the photos (which are on the 2TB LyveHome), but I don't think it allows you to save it onto your phone. Perhaps with a future update, this function will be added? Here are the PROS and CONS for you:

PROS:
-Awesome Build Quality and Design

-Easy to use

-Backs up photos automatically and the option to do it in the background (on the phone app)

-Offers you the ability to see all the photos in your archive without having to take up precious space/resources on your phone.

-USB port allows you to back up from External HDs & USB Drives.

-HDMI allows you to see photos on TV/monitor

-Touch Screen looks great and has easy navigation menu

-Organizes the photos by date/timeline layout ...which is really cool.

CONS:
-There's no way to save the original photo/video file onto physical storage on phone through App.

-Pretty pricey... so it's not the most affordable piece of tech. But it's a very cool gadget to have for Photographers!

Conclusion :
I love this thing. It's a great idea that is manifested into a great product. I just wished I could save/copy the original full-resolution photo & video files from the App to my Phone's storage. Please add this function in a future update please!!! Still a killer product :) I would highly recommend to anyone who has lots of photos they wish to backup.

XCSOURCE Qi Power Wireless Charger Pad For Nokia Lumia 920 , Lumia 820, Google Nexus 4 ,Nexus 5 ,iPhone 4 5 5s ,Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 i9500 Note II N7100 Note3 N9000 N9005 HTC 8X , Droid DNA, LG DIL, LTE2 And other Smartphones with Receviers BC252G.
Offered by xcsource
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Qi Wireless Charging Pad!, July 25, 2014
This XCSource Qi Wireless charger pad works pretty darn well. I had problems with it when I first got it, but found out that it wasn't the charger at fault but my personal USB cord that was the culprit of the problem. I switched my personal USB cord out with the one (actually it comes with two... one short and one long) that came with the Charger and it works perfect now. The only thing that I think could be improved upon with this charger is it's charging pad area. It's adequate, but a bit small. I would've liked it to be larger so that it could be easier to place the phone on in the dark. What I DO like is that fact that you can put the phone on the pad facing in any direction. As long as it's sitting in the middle of the pad, it works great. By the way, the photo they have of the charging pad is actually of the bottom of it. The top doesn't have any logos or written material on it. It just has the base color and the colored ring... very simple, which is nice! Here's the outline of Pros and Cons as I see it:

PROS:
-Very affordable and looks to be good build quality

-Works great (when used with the USB cables that come with the unit) I had
problems with a specific personal USB cable that I own... but I don't see this as a fault of the charger at all.

-Easy to Use. You can place phone facing any direction as long as it's centered on pad, it will charge.

-Comes with two micro USB cables (one short & one long) which is pretty generous!

-Charges pretty fast considering this is a wireless charger. Don't expect it to charge as fast as through a wall adapter though. Charging speed is comparable to charging phone from a 1Amp USB port.

-Comes in a nice variety of color options

CONS:
-Charging pad area is a little small.

-Wished the charging area or outline of it glowed in the dark faintly so that it would be easier to place a phone onto in the dark.

Conclusion :
For the Price, this wireless charging pad is pretty awesome. It works well and the build quality seems good. I really can't complain and would recommend it to anyone who needs to get a "Qi" standard charging Pad.

[Certified by Apple - Lifetime Warranty] ACEPower® Dual USB Car Charger 3.1Amp 15.5W High Output Universal Ports For Apple iPads, iPods, iPhones, Galaxy, Cell Phones, Tablet, Android Devices (White w. Blue Band)
Offered by ACEShield
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Car Charger for phone and tablets. 2.1Amp port charges electronics FAST! Affordable too, July 24, 2014
I recently received this ACEPower® Dual USB Car Charger 3.1Amp 15.5W High Output from "ACEshield", and I'm very impressed with the quality of this Car Charger. The build quality is excellent and it fits into my Car charging port nicely snug the way it should. It works very well and charges my phone and tablet as fast as it charges through a regular wall plug. I like that it has a 2.1Amp port to charge larger electronics (such as tablets) because many other car chargers out there are limited to 1amp ports which do not provide enough juice (amps) to charge things such as tablets. Plus, the 1amp car chargers out there charge really slow as well. All in all, there's nothing about this charger that I can complain about. It's well designed/crafted and works amazingly well. Best of all, it's nicely affordable.

PROS:
-Great Design and Build Quality
-Fits perfectly snug in my Car charging port
-Charges both phones and tablets... and charges them fast with USB 2.1Amp port. It charges as fast through this as it does on a wall charger!
-Very small and portable.
-Comes in a variety of colors
-Very Affordable... (even though I received this as a gift)

CONS:
-Nothing I can think of.

Conclusion :
I would happily recommend this car charger to anyone who wants a nice charger for their phone and tablet.

MOCREO® Waterproof Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Indoor/Outdoors Ultra mini W/ Dual Speakers / Rechargable Built-in Battery / TF card Supported for iPhone,iPod,Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 and Other Bluetooth Devices,MP3 Players (Black)
Offered by MOCREO
Price: $41.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Portable Wireless Water-Proof system!, July 20, 2014
I'm very impressed with this MOCREO Bluetooth Wireless Water-Proof speaker system. I have used many Portable Speaker systems in the past, and I can say that this thing has lots of great things going for it! Here are the Pros and Cons :

PROS:
- Great Dynamic Sound for such a little speaker.
- Rechargeable internal battery
- Water-Proof (I tried it in the shower and it works like a charm)
- Wireless Blue-tooth works well and has a good range
- Good design/Good Building quality. This thing seems pretty solidly built (rugged) even though it's small
- I liked the +/- button which you can use to skip songs
- Very Easy to sync. I synced it with a few different things including my tablet, laptop and mobile phone (S4).

CONS:
- I would've liked there to be a Volume UP/Down Physical Button on the speaker. I found myself wanting to adjust the volume on the speaker itself (in the shower) but you have to adjust on the item to which it has synced to.

Conclusion :

Overall, I really like this Mobile Bluetooth (water-proof) speaker system. It sounds great, it's portable, and it's built very well. It has so many great things going for it that I would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a system like this. I've never heard of this company (MOCREO) before I got this speaker system, but they have definitely caught my attention now. Cheers!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 2:28 AM PDT

iOttie Easy View 2 Car / Desk Mount Holder Cradle for LG G3/2 iPhone 5s/5c/4s Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3 Note 3/2 HTC One M8 Google Nexus 5/4 Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
Offered by iOttie
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $13.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Super Strong Suction Mount (when used on Glass Surface). Easy to Use and Super Adjustable., July 12, 2014
This iOttie Easy View 2 Universal Phone Mount is pretty impressive. The Sticky Suction Cup it uses is super powerful and is washable (so that you can keep re-using it when it becomes dirty). When mounted to a windshield, it is super sturdy and nearly impossible for it to dislodge by itself... yet it is designed in such a way that it is still easily removed by the user. I love how adjustable it is... it tilts in all directions on a ball pivot point but is firm so that it stays in the position you set it on. The only thing to keep in mind is that the suction cup only works well on smooth surfaces. If you have a textured surface you want it to stick to, it may not stick well. But like I said, it works fantastic on glass! Here's the Pros and Cons :

PROs :
- Super Adjustable Ball pivot point that is firm
- Super Sticky Suction Cup sticks amazingly well on Glass surface or other super smooth surfaces.
- Offers limitless viewing angle adjustments/tilts.
- Very easy to Use. Easily placed and Easily removed... yet stays in place solidly.
- Great for Use with Navigation/MAP Apps.
- Side Grippers are well Designed and holds onto my Galaxy S4 well.

CONs
- Does not stick well on textured (dimpled) surfaces. But this is clearly stated in the manual, so I did not take a STAR away.

iOttie RapidVolt 5A / 25W Dual Port USB Car Charger for iPhone 5S/5C/4S, iPad, Galaxy S5/S4, HTC One M8, Smartphones, Tablet, Lightning / Micro USB Cable (Black)
Offered by iOttie
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool High 2.5Amp (per port) Car Charger ... but easily bumped loose. It has to be pushed in snugly in port to work., July 12, 2014
I like the overall design of this charger. I also like the fact that each port can charge up to 2.5Amp which allows you to charge tablets in addition to smart phones and a vast array of other electronics which use USB ports to charge. The Green light (on both sides of the charger) is cool but it may be too bright for some. Also, I would've loved a "TRON" BLUE color version of this charger if they had the option. I think they'd sell twice as many if it were in that color... since there are quite a lot of TRON Fans out there, Lol. The only problem I've had with this Car Charger is that the charger has to be shoved into the Car Charging Port all the way for it to work... A slight bump can stop it charging. So it seems finicky that way. The nice thing is that because it has embedded lights, it's easy to see if it does indeed stop charging because it's loose. This is the reason I took one STAR away. Even rotating it around in the charge port sometimes disrupts the charging cycle and I have to re-adjust it.

Hills Bros Coffee Gourmet Medium Roast, Single Serve, 12 Single Serve Cups, 3.8 Ounce
Price: $12.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent K-Cup of Joe but on the lighter side...which is a shame. It has a smooth finish which is nice though., July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Hill Bros Coffee for K-Cup Brewers tastes pretty good and it has a smooth finish. Although it is marketed as a medium Roast, I felt that it was a bit on the lighter side. I would've liked a stronger and more complex taste experience from it. It seems like it is rare to find a Medium Roast in a K-Cup that is strong enough to satisfy my coffee needs. They all taste pretty light to me. One of the few companies which I feel can make a decent medium roast (for K-CUPS) is StarBucks. I promise you, I do NOT work for Starbucks! In fact, I wish other companies could make decently strong medium roast K-Cups because StarBucks always charges a premium price for theirs. Anyhow, other than that... if you don't mind that it's on the lighter side, you may want to give this Hills Bros Coffee a try. -By a self confessed coffee addict but not necessarily a coffee snob. I'll let you decide, lol.

Case Logic Samsung Galaxy S4 EXTREME 2-Piece Case - Retail Packaging - Black/Red
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 2-in1 Case for the S4... However, it isn't the slimmest of cases., July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Case Logic Samsung Galaxy S4 Case seems to offer excellent protection to the S4 and utilizes the 2-1 type case design. This is composed of a soft inner case which sort of offers "cushioning" between the phone itself and the outer "hard" case. There are a lot of cases now which use this sort of design. They are sometimes called "hybrid" or "2-in-1" cases. Personally, I really like this sort of design because I think it offers good protection to my phone. The disadvantage is that these cases tend to be larger and thicker than other case designs out there. Here are the PROs and CONs that I found with this case :

PROs:
- Offers Great Protection to Phone
- All Ports and Button Access is good
- Beveled Lip extends from the Screen so it Offers some Screen Protection if dropped on face.
- The back of the case has a nice texture that provides good grip for your hands.... think "tire treads"

CONs:
-This case is Thick... even compared to other similar 2-in1 (hybrid) cases from other Brands.

Belkin Universal Case and Cover for 7-Inch and 8-Inch Tablet, Charcoal
Belkin Universal Case and Cover for 7-Inch and 8-Inch Tablet, Charcoal
Offered by RushDirect
Price: $30.00
6 used & new from $29.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice Universal Case for your 7" to 8" Tablet with fold-able corner for camera use, July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Belkin Universal Tablet case for 7 to 8 inch Tablets seems to be designed well. It fits my Toshiba Excite 7.7" Tablet very nicely and allows it to be charged directly from the case. As far as Universal 7-8" cases go, this is probably the nicest one I've used so far. The material feels nice and it's thick enough to provide ample protection to the tablet... meaning I could drop my tablet from about 4 FEET to a hard surface and be pretty confident that my Tablet is still ok. No, I haven't put this theory to TEST... I'm not that brave of a Man and I'm not Rich enough to risk it, lol. But I do like this case. I wasn't sure what the Fold-able corner was for until I played with the case. No, it's not to be used as a "stand" like I had assumed when I saw the photo of the case. It's actually to expose the Camera that is on most tablets these days...so you can take a photo/video with it while it's still protected in the case. I think that's pretty cool...even though I don't think I will actually use this feature much. Anyways, I would recommend this case to anyone who is looking for a nice, thin for their 7 to 8 Tablet. The Pros and Cons below are for those who are too busy to read the whole review :)

Pros:
- nicely designed case that fits 7" to 8" Tablets well.
- design allows for exposed ports to be used for charging/headphones....etc.
- fold-able corner tab exposes camera so you can take photos/videos while it's in the case.
- Material is thin, yet thick and resilient enough to protect tablet
- Material feels nice ... like leather that has a slightly rubbery feel. It's not made of either though... just so you know.

Cons:
-Can't really think of anything bad. If you're using this with a 7" Tablet, the case edges may extend a but further than it needs to but that's because it's made for up to 8" tablets. This can't be helped (being a universal case), so I can't knock a point off for that.

Divatex Home Fashions 10-Piece Deluxe Towel Sets, Cream
Divatex Home Fashions 10-Piece Deluxe Towel Sets, Cream
Price: $39.88
2 used & new from $39.88

4.0 out of 5 stars This Deluxe Towel set is pretty nice. The material is thick and has a ..., July 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Deluxe Towel set is pretty nice. The material is thick and has a nice texture. It is definitely nicer than the Towels they have in Hotels, lol. With that said, I like my towels super soft and these towels could be softer... just saying. It's hard to find very thick, soft, towels these days without spending a fortune these days. But these are nice. Just wished they were softer... and self washing (just kidding).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20