Profile for DT > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 465

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DT "-The Duke-" RSS Feed (New Mexico)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aukey [6-Pack] Hi-speed Micro USB Cable USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync & Charging Cable for Android Cellphones, MP3 Players (CB-D17,Black)
Offered by Aukey Direct
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Variety Of High Quality Cables for a really reasonable price!, July 31, 2015
This 6-pack of micro usb cables from Aukey gives you a great assortment of cable lengths in one box. You basically get three (3) short cables and two (2) medium length cables, and one (1) long cable. The cables seem to have good build quality and work perfectly with my Galaxy S6 Edge. The quick charging function worked fine using these cables in conjunction with my original Samsung wall charger. The wordage on the box is a bit confusing though. It states “3 pack” on the box but you actually get 6 (six) cables! I think what they meant was that you get three different sized cable varieties (3 short, 2 medium length, and 1 long cable). Personally, I think they should change the label to say “6-pack”, but hey… that’s just my opinion. They’d probably sell more of these packs that way. At least the Amazon description and title clearly states 6-pack :)

Marketing and word choices aside, these are excellent quality cables for a really affordable/reasonable price. This is easily a 5 Star Product.

Disclaimer : I received this product in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Topaz Men's 5019a Big Face, Black Dial, Analog Dress Watch with Robust Design At Affordable Price.
Offered by Noulakha
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A High Quality Time-Piece that doesn't break the bank!, July 31, 2015
This Topez men’s watch is a great looking time-piece. I was actually a bit surprised on how nice and well-made it is. The material and build quality seems excellent for a watch in this price range. I’ve had it for about a month now and it keeps perfect time, no issues at all. It has a classy looking design, works and looks great. That’s pretty much says it all. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a really nice watch without having to spend a boatload of cash. The watch could easily be mistaken for a watch that costs upwards of $100.

Disclaimer : I received this watch in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Cunada Men New Fashion Driving Polarized AL-MG Frame Sports Sunglasses
Cunada Men New Fashion Driving Polarized AL-MG Frame Sports Sunglasses

3.0 out of 5 stars These Sunglasses are okay, but not the most comfortable, July 31, 2015
These Cunada polarized sunglasses are not too shabby. They are super light and seem to be made pretty well considering the price. The polarized lenses work well and reduces glare, but I wish they were a little darker. Another thing that I think could be improved upon is the nose/bridge portion that sits on your nose. It’s not as comfortable as other sunglasses I’ve owned… so I don’t think I’d want to wear them for a long extended amount of time as they are now. This may be a matter of personal preference, but to me, they weren’t super comfortable. Thus, I think I can only honestly give them 3 Stars.

Disclaimer : I received this item in exchange for my honest review

Keedox 2-in-1 Wireless Bluetooth CSR 4.0 Audio Transmitter [aptX, Low Latency, support TWO devices simultaneously] and Audio Receiver Adapter [aptX] with Dual RCA Audio Adapter Cable , for Headphones, TV, Computer / PC, iPod, MP3 / MP4, Car Stereo and other Audio Devices
Offered by Keedox
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Small yet powerful device... Sounds like Awesome Sauce!, July 28, 2015
Although this Keedox receiver/transmitter has a small form factor, it definitely is big on sound quality. I am currently using it by connecting it to my Sony Receiver (which I also have connected to my TV, PS3, Blu-Ray…etc). This means I can now stream the music on my Phone to my nice receiver. The resulting sound quality is awesome. As long as the source of music (my MP3s are all ripped at the highest Quality 320kbps) is high, the output quality is fantastic. I can’t tell the difference between the quality of streamed audio from a direct physical connection to the receiver. It pairs really easily as well. It’s really nice to be able to play music on my phone on my surround sound stereo system as opposed to hearing it on a small Bluetooth speaker. Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of high quality Bluetooth portable speaker systems out there… but you can’t compare apples to oranges.

If you have a sweet audio system at home that you’d like to wirelessly stream music to, I would highly recommend this small receiver/transmitter from Keedox. It is a small, yet powerful device. It gets my two thumbs up and 5 Star Rating!

Disclaimer : I received this item in exchange for my honest review.

{New Version 2 Modes} 200 Lumens Solar Wall Lights / In-ground Lights, 180°angle Adjustable and Waterproof 4 LED Solar Outdoor Lighting, Spotlights, Security Lighting, Path Lights for Patio, Deck, Yard, Garden, Driveway, Stairs, Pool Area, Etc. (TD-604, 1 Pack)
Offered by Hallomall US Online
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Versatile Solar Spotlight!, July 28, 2015
I like the versatility of this solar spotlight. You can put it in the ground (via included stake) or you can mount it to your house as well (with including mounting kit). I think the internal rechargeable battery is much higher capacity than other solar lights as well because this spotlight is really bright and has two different brightness settings. I found out that even the low setting is plenty bright and enables it to last all night… like 10 to 12 hours, which is pretty impressive. Overall build quality seems really good as well. Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve been getting lots of heavy downpours of rain and this thing is taking it like a champ. So, it’s actually hard for me to find something bad to say about this thing. The only thing I would change about it is that I would’ve liked a warmer light color (say, 2700k). The light color on this is a lot cooler.. meaning a white light in the bluish spectrum. The description says it’s color temperature is 6700k. Other than that tiny personal preference of mine, I can’t think of anything else I’d change about it. It is a pretty awesome solar spotlight… certainly the best I have owned thus far.

Disclaimer : I received this product in exchange for my honest review.

Sinvitron® Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet-Black
Offered by Xtron
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a pretty nice Keyboard Case... However, the keyboard is a bit small if you have large hands., July 27, 2015
This Sinvitron Keyboard case for the Galaxy S Tab 8.4” is a really nice case that fits my Galaxy Tab S perfectly. All the port cut-outs are well designed to still give you access to them. The material (PU leather) looks and feels really nice. It’s a bit cushy, which I like… because it should provide good protection to the tablet if I happen to drop it. The keyboard itself is very easy to pair, and works well. However, the size of the keyboard itself is pretty small since it has to fit within the 8.4” footprint of the case. If you have large hands, it may feel very cramped and difficult for you to type. For those with medium to small hands, it shouldn’t be as much as an issue. A few things that I do like about the keyboard is the fact that it is removable and very thin. This means that if you don’t want to take the keyboard with you, you can simply take it out. This makes it even more portable and slim if you use the case without a keyboard inside. The built-in stand works ok, but you’re kind of limited to only one viewing angle. I would’ve liked there to be a different stand design which would enable multiple viewing angles such as using notches or a smart foldable origami design.

Overall though, this case seems to offer a premium look while providing good protection and an added keyboard function on top of that. While it’s unlikely that you’d want to use the small keyboard for a long extended amount of time… it’s certainly nice to have that option. For the price, this case is a nice and affordable option to anyone looking for a nice looking keyboard case for their Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4” tablet.

Disclaimer : I received this product in exchange for my honest review.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Case,YAKAON Multi-color Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Dual Layer Case,Ultra Slim Dual Layer Protective Hybrid Armor Case with Kick-Stand Function for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge(Black)
Offered by YAKAON
Price: $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Small cut-out for Micro-USB port is it's biggest design flaw., July 24, 2015
This phone case for the Galaxy S6 Edge from Yakaon is a really thin protective case. It looks pretty nice and doesn’t add much thickness to the phone at all. The case is made from plastic and silicone. The silicone is the black extended lip which goes around the front face of the phone, and helps protects the front screen. On this case, the silicone layer is pretty thin… so I don’t think it offers that much protection to the front screen if you drop the phone on its face. One feature that I really like about this case is the flip out stand. It works well and folds down pretty flat so that it does not add much (if any) thickness to the case at all. When it is in folded down (closed) position, it snaps and locks closed very well.

However, one design flaw to this case prevents me from recommending this case to others. This is the fact that the bottom cut-out for the charging port is too small. I was not able to charge the phone while it was in the case. This is one of my pet peeves, so it is quite annoying. So with most cables… you’ll have to take the phone out of the case in order to charge it. If it wasn’t for this flaw, I would rate this case with 4 Stars. As it is now, I can only give it 3 Stars because it doesn’t seem to offer a whole lot of protection to the phone itself (including front screen) and of course because of the small cut-out for the micro-usb port.

PROS:
-Looks pretty nice for the price
-Very Thin
-Fold Out Stand is well designed and functional

CONS:
-Micro-USB cutout is too small. I can’t charge the phone without taking it out of the case.
-Front silicone lip doesn’t offer much protection to front screen at all.

Disclaimer : I received this case in exchange for my honest review.

Niutop Precision Classic Polishing Stainless Steel Band Strap Bracelet Wrist Band Replacement for Iwatch Apple Watch & Sport & Edition 38mm, with Apple Watch Band Metal Clasp Adapter, Double Button Insurance Folding Clasp, Comfortable Elegant Design, Easy to Replace, One Year No Hassle Money Back Guarantee(Strap Regulator Included)(3 Pointers)
Offered by topscreen2012
Price: $41.98
2 used & new from $41.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really High Quality Band!, July 23, 2015
This replacement watch band came with the band in a really nice box (which would be nice for gift-giving) along with a tool to resize the metal band.

I had to re-size the band for my wrist by removing 3 of the links. I tried the band after removing two, but the band was a bit loose. After removing three, the band was a bit tight, but wearable.

The band is very high quality and looks good with my black sport Apple Watch. I got a few compliments from my co-workers who noticed that I had installed a new band (some thought I had a new watch).

Overall, I really like this band. I would have preferred an easier way to resize and am a little annoyed at the slightly tight fit, but I think that's inherent in this style of watch band.

Disclaimer : I received the watch band in exchange for an honest review.

UGREEN Retractable High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return Channel, Compatible for HDTV, PS3, Plasma TV, LCD TV, Bluray DVD, HD DVD, XBOX 360
Offered by UGREEN GROUP LIMITED
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and affordable retractable HDMI cables, July 23, 2015
This UGREEN retractable HDMI cable is a pretty cool product. The cable is really flat and the HDMI connection head is small, so it can probably fit nicely in any TV HDMI port. Some of the other reviewers have stated that they think the product is too large, but I disagree. I don’t really think it’s too big if you consider that this is a coiled HDMI cable. I don’t think they could have designed it much smaller or thinner without compromising the products resiliency or quality. You should be aware that this cable is only 4ft long though. Personally, I wish it were a bit longer but it still works fine for my purposes. Overall, this product is well made and works well. It also reduces the risk of tangled wires and makes the back of my TV look less cluttered.

Disclaimer : I received this cable in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Mpow Streambot Oval FM Transmitter Wireless radio car kit with 3.5mm Audio Plug, Car Charger Adapter
Offered by Patozon
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A few problems (defects?) ruined it for me. See review for details, July 22, 2015
This FM transmitter works ok but there are a few things which I had issues with. One thing was that the transmitted volume of this product is low. For example, when I am listening to normal radio stations, I keep the volume setting at 12 on my car stereo. However, using this transmitter, I had to raise the volume to 20 to achieve the same volume. The quality of the sound is ok though.

One other problem that I had with this product was that the left speaker would go in and out. I had to adjust and fiddle with the headphone jack in order for it to transmit in stereo. I think the headphone jack adapter on it was a bit defective… which makes me kind of doubt the build quality of the product overall.

I really wanted to like this product but ultimately these two problems ruined it for me. One thing that it does have going for it is that the FM station setting on this unit was stable, never deviated from the station setting that I put it on.

Disclaimer : I received this product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2015 6:20 PM PDT