Profile for MadWycliffe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MadWycliffe RSS Feed (Bellingham, WA)

(12x12) Greek Isles - 16-Month 2013 Wall Calendar
(12x12) Greek Isles - 16-Month 2013 Wall Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine calendar, June 27, 2013
The days and months are in correct order. All the months are there, and the pictures are particularly pretty. And it even shows holidays!

Wahl 9854-600 Lithium Ion All In One Trimmer
Wahl 9854-600 Lithium Ion All In One Trimmer
Offered by Mitch Mel Corp
Price: Click here to see our price
73 used & new from $28.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Well, the battery is good . . ., June 27, 2013
After going through two Norelco beard trimmers over a period of 12 to 15 years, I decided to try a Wahl. The rechargeable battery wore out eventually on both Norelcos, and it was really more difficult to replace than I would have liked. I mean, soldering iron? I've got one, but I'm not going that route. Reviews said that the Wahl battery was easily replaceable and the motor was strong, so I went for it. I've been using it for several months, and here are my thoughts. There are way too many parts. They are difficult to put on and take off. Intuitiveness does not come into play here. The device is difficult to clean. Very difficult. Hovering around impossible. And how does it work? You have to hold it very carefully at a precise angle for it to cut properly. But the motor is strong and the battery has given me no problems. For a beard and extraneous hair cutter, it works adequately. However, I dread having to use it, and I think that I won't wait for the replaceable battery to wear out before I get another Norelco.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 12:28 PM PDT

Google Nexus 10 (Wi-Fi only, 32 GB)
Google Nexus 10 (Wi-Fi only, 32 GB)
Offered by Web Offers
Price: $378.95
74 used & new from $255.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, June 24, 2013
I had decided on a Nexus 10 32 GB because of the reviews and because it was clear that I could download apps from both Amazon and Google Play. Whether true or not, it appeared to me that the Kindle Fire only allowed you to download from the Amazon store. I received the Nexus 10 as a gift a few weeks ago. It had been purchased at Google Play, rather than Amazon, where I ordinarily shop. I wanted a 10" tablet because it's a good form factor for reading magazines and watching movies. Magazines are going digital and a tablet is going to become a necessity for reading magazines sooner rather than later. I particularly wanted a tablet for the New Yorker. When I first received it, a New Yorker app wasn't available, but happily that changed within a week of my tablet's arrival. The New Yorker app is great, though it doesn't yet allow me to access the New Yorker archives. The screen is clear and sharp. The Wi-Fi is fast, at least compared to my HTC EVO phone. Netflix works great with it. It seems well put together. I like the surface of the back which provides some adhesion, so I never feel that it will slip out of my hands. As a calendar and email reader it's as good as a computer. The battery often last three days. Some people say that a 10 inch tablet is too large and heavy for holding while you read. I haven't found this to be the case, though it is a little unwieldy for carrying around. I bought the Google cover for it to protect the screen. It was easy to install and what I like best is when I open the cover the tablet wakes up and when I close the cover it goes to sleep. Although this tablet was a gift, I would buy a Nexus 10 in a second.

Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Fleece Pocket Pant
Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Fleece Pocket Pant
Price: $11.99 - $26.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Fine, February 28, 2012
I've been wearing Russell sweats for several years, and the only problem I've ever had is that the stitching on the pocket opening sometimes gives out after four or five years. That wasn't enough of a complaint to stop me from ordering them again. However, I was taken aback when I read some of the negative reviews and only ordered a single pair this time. The new sweats turned out to be just fine. They're just like the Russell sweats I've worn in the past except that they now sport a logo over the right pocket. They're comfortable and fit well. I plan to order more.

Yamaha MS1000 Folding Music Stand with Carrying Bag
Yamaha MS1000 Folding Music Stand with Carrying Bag
Offered by Lone Star Percussion
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.90

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment, November 10, 2011
After using this stand for about a year, I've found three rather frustrating design flaws. First, it's impossible to tighten the wing nut that attaches the desk to the stand enough to prevent the desk from flopping back if you add much weight. Second, the desk shelf is only an inch deep, and as you add sheets of music, before long they begin tumbling to the floor. And third, the telescopic stand has a tendency to collapse under weight unless the nut is tightened as much as possible, which can make it difficult to loosen to adjust the height. Since I don't need a collapsible stand, I'm replacing it with a Manhasset M48.

OEM HTC USB Travel Charger Adapter U250 / CNR6300 / 79H00095-14M
OEM HTC USB Travel Charger Adapter U250 / CNR6300 / 79H00095-14M
Offered by BBQbuy -- Ships from HongKong
Price: $4.35
29 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job -- no prob, June 13, 2011
It's hard to get overly analytical about this charger. You plug it in; it charges your phone. I like it that the cable is separate from the plug so that I can plug it in to a USB port on my computer.

Microwave Spatter Screen, Red Beads
Microwave Spatter Screen, Red Beads
Offered by MAVERICK VENTURES INC.
Price: $4.34
11 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple solution, but a good one., June 13, 2011
For almost every simple microwave heating job, this screen is a perfect solution. It stores easily and takes no space; it protects your microwave from splatters; it's easy to clean, dries quickly, and is easy to store. I've only found two issues with it and neither one lowers it's rating in my eyes: it does not play well with cheese, so make sure that your pizza doesn't come in contact with the screen. And it doesn't like the garbage disposal, so be careful how you wash it: take it out of the sink before the water drains.