Profile for Ryan Anderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ryan Anderson RSS Feed (Troy, NY, US)

Afterglow AW.1 Remote for Wii - Blue
Afterglow AW.1 Remote for Wii - Blue
Offered by the item
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 25, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's 10 dollars less than a normal Wii remote, just as responsive, just as durable, and it LIGHTS UP! Seems like a no-brainer purchase to me. The new placement of the +,-, and home buttons are smart. They are covered by the rubber cover, but really, this wiimote is too cool looking to cover up.

I am completely satisfied and 100% recommend this wii remote.

Afterglow AW.2 Lightchuck for Wii - Blue
Afterglow AW.2 Lightchuck for Wii - Blue
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty and Convenient!, May 24, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This nunchuck performs just as well as the official Nintendo one. I've been using it without a hitch to play Metroid Prime Trilogy. Plus, it obviously looks amazing. You can keep the light on constantly, switch it to only turn on when you move the nunchuck or press a button, or turn it off altogether. The retractable cord is very convenient.

However, because the cord needs to fit inside the nunchuck, it is much thinner than normal. A few good pulls and I think you could break it. Not a problem for most people, but I wouldn't trust it with smaller kids.

Overall, a great product. Looks great, more convenient than the official one, and $5 cheaper. As long as you're wary not to snap the cord, I say go for it.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: Collector's Edition
Metroid Prime Trilogy: Collector's Edition
Offered by pandorascube
Price: $219.99
67 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it while you still can!, January 25, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Metroid Prime Trilogy is a great collectible. It gives veterans to the series another reason to replay the games since Prime 1 and 2 have been revamped with new motion controls and widescreen settings. It allows newcomers to the Prime trilogy another chance to experience why the games are so amazing.

But the game's production has already been discontinued in North America, and it's only a matter of time before this awesome bundle becomes impossible to find! If you are interested in picking it up, get it before prices skyrocket due to its rarity.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Offered by Game Express Online
Price: $28.99
157 used & new from $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Class Mario Platforming on Wii!, January 25, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I loved playing through this game on my own as much as I did with 3 other people. The gameplay is simple and fun, and the levels are entertaining and sometimes challenging. There's as much replay value as ever, especially now that there is multiplayer. I'd say this is a must-have game to own if you have a Wii.

Scribblenauts - Nintendo DS
Scribblenauts - Nintendo DS
Offered by Hubbagames
Price: $16.82
187 used & new from $2.08

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Concept, January 25, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I recently bought this game for my sister, hearing from friends and reviews that it was unique. The game's big feature is it's massive dictionary which is used to create an interactive model of almost any word you type in. The object can then be used to help you progress through a level. It's an interesting concept, and I was completely impressed by the amount of words in the game's dictionary. The actual gameplay, however, can be a bit frustrating at times, simply because your character doesn't always do what you want him to do (largely due to the touch screen controls).

Although the game's controls can be frustrating, overall it's a fun experience. I'd try this game simply to experiment with all the different words you can use.

The World Ends With You
The World Ends With You
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $27.95
65 used & new from $15.79

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite DS Game to Date!, January 25, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I tried this game out on a friend's recommendation last year, and loved everything about it! I recently bought another copy to give to my younger sister so that she can enjoy the game, too. The game is full of style, with beautiful 2D visuals, a great story, unique and fun controls, memorable characters, and a catchy soundtrack.

If you want to be immersed in a deep single player experience on the DS, there's no better game than "The World Ends With You".

The Legendary Starfy
The Legendary Starfy
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $13.98
86 used & new from $3.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Platformer, January 25, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
I bought this game for my 8-year old sister. She's having a blast with it, and honestly, I think that I'd enjoy playing through the game as well. From what I've played, the controls are solid, and the visuals are vibrant and pleasing. Seems like a solid platformer to me.