Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for John A. > Reviews

Browse

John A.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John A. RSS Feed (Dallas,TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Balance Men's Tempo Running Singlet
New Balance Men's Tempo Running Singlet
Offered by Nayked Apparel
Price: $9.99
9 used & new from $9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sweat wicking ability that runs small., July 18, 2015
I very much like this singlet as it has great absorption of perspiration when I go for my jogs. I highly recommend, as have others, that one orders a size larger than their normal sizing as this product runs small. I liked this product so much that I ordered an additional unit.

Cap Barbell 35-Pound Kettlebell
Cap Barbell 35-Pound Kettlebell
Price: $43.11
13 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good kettlebell., February 18, 2015
Kettlebell's handle is quite girthy, but narrow from one end to another. The finish is smooth and consistent. Overall, the quality of the weight is very good and I feel as if the finish will last a long time.

iPhone 6 Case, Maxboost® [DuraSLIM Series] iPhone 6 (4.7-inch) Case Heavy-Duty Dual-Layer Soft Touch Protective Cases Cover, Soft TPU Bumper with Hard Shell Solid Polycarbonate Back Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) (2014) - Rubberized Black
Offered by power-innovation
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $10.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., February 18, 2015
The case provides excellent protection for the phone. My phone emerged unscathed from a four foot fall onto a hard floor.

Diztronic Full Matte Navy Blue Flexible TPU Case for OnePlus One - Retail Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for protection without adding too much bulk, January 4, 2015
The fit of the case tight and feels great in hand. It does not slip out of the hands. The cut outs for the microphones, microUSB ports, jack, and speakers are all where they need to be. I feel like my phone has the protection required if it were to drop. Also, the case itself does not add too much to the dimensions to the phone.

CFF Vinyl Coated Kettlebell - 20 lbs
CFF Vinyl Coated Kettlebell - 20 lbs

5.0 out of 5 stars The handle is comfortable to hold, January 4, 2015
I ordered this kettlebell to start out a training regimen. The handle is comfortable to hold, the vinyl covering and the finish of the kettlebell is of high quality. I will be looking to purchase more from CFF in the future.

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Price: $20.99
125 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid, general application wireless mouse., October 15, 2014
This is a full-sized mouse that use everyday for my notebook computer. It is comfortable with large buttons on the left side which allow for easily going "back" or "forward while browsing the internet or studying web-based materials (my current primary application for the mouse).

It is a smooth grey finish which may prove to become slippery for those with a tendency to have sweaty palms. Personally, I prefer the m510 in the matte blue finish which has a better grip.

The action of the left- and right-click buttons is smooth and satisfying, a quality that is present for all buttons on this mouse.

Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L 1066 MT/s (PC3-8500)  SODIMM 204-Pin Mac Memory CT2K4G3S1067M / CT2C4G3S1067M
Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L 1066 MT/s (PC3-8500) SODIMM 204-Pin Mac Memory CT2K4G3S1067M / CT2C4G3S1067M
Price: $41.41
82 used & new from $29.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job., August 4, 2014
I installed this kit into my 2009 MacBook Pro 13" because I run some memory-intensive programs. After installation, this greatly improved the multi-tasking capabilities of my notebook computer. Note: 4 GB was the original amount of memory that was installed.

Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB)  **Discontinued by Manufacturer**
Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB) **Discontinued by Manufacturer**
Offered by uShopMall (USA Tax Free)
Price: $193.88
99 used & new from $119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine for day-to-day work, August 1, 2014
This is an excellent everyday machine for common office tasks and daily browsing. I ordered this as part of the kindle deal several weeks ago so I have had some time to play with it and become accustomed to the Chrome OS. The following are several points that I have observed with the hardware and software:
1) For the cost, it is an inexpensive machine that will accomplish most daily tasks that many people have.

2) Document handling: Specifically, the Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Draw apps may be used in place of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, respectively. Google Draw can be thought of as Adobe Illustrator "Light". I use Google Docs the most and you can save a copy of the document in a variety of formats with the Word format being my most used. Therefore, you can still interface with Microsoft Office users. The only catch is that when someone sends you a Microsoft Office document to edit, you cannot comment on it (the chromebook uses the QuickOffice app to open these Microsoft formatted documents). To circumvent this, I have used the Microsoft Office online suite of productivity apps which works admirably. I already have an xbox log-in so I didn't need to create a new user. Also, it is important to note that you can work on documents off line.

3) The battery life is outstanding. I can do a good days work on this machine no problem. On top of that, charging the battery is very quick. Generally, it takes less than 2 hours.

4) For video calls to my friends and family, I typically use Google Hangouts, but if you have Skype you will have no luck as currently, there is no support for Skype on the Chromebook.

5) The keyboard is acceptable. The spacing of the keys is very good and I have no trouble typing. Although, I do find that the keys have a mushy feel to them, which if I am in a mood, can be grating. The track pad is good as it is smooth, and gives a satisfying "click" when pressed.

6) There is no "Caps Lock" key, the shortcut is "Alt+search" and the "Delete" key is replaced by the shortcut "Alt+backspace". There are other shortcuts as well, all of which are easily accessed in case one forgets through using "Ctrl+Alt+?". I have no trouble with this whatsoever.

7) The display, while not exceptional, can be extremely bright and is plenty sharp for a $200 laptop. I mostly keep it at 50% because I don't like extremely bright displays.

8) There is no trouble having multiple tabs open, I have experienced no slow down in performance after having 12 tabs open (this has been my max). Of course, those tabs were mainly text. I have not tested having multiple video-graphic-intensive tabs open.

9) Having 16 GB available is fine by me, I am a heavy user of Google Drive and the extra 100 GB for 2 years is even better. I have not passed using more than 2 GB at any given moment. There is an SD card for expansion, but when put in, it is not flush with the computer as it juts out a bit. So having an SD card permanently in the slot is not an option.

10) A very big plus is the fact that you don't have to worry about security as google constantly updates the OS with the lastest and greatest so no need for an anti-virus suite. (All that is required is a restart when indicated.)

Overall, I was concerned about having a laptop where functionality is anchored to having a WiFi hotspot, but this was unfounded as I have yet to encounter a location where I work that lacks such capability. I would recommend this to anyone who needs an inexpensive machine to work on or as a secondary computer. Integrating into the Google ecosystem for new users may take some getting used to, but it is worth it in my opinion. I for one am very happy that I chose to make this purchase.

Update 08/02/2014: I omitted mentioning how to print from a Chromebook. If you have an older printer that is not capable of being Google's Cloud Print-ready (as I do), you must have the printer connected to a computer logged into the same Google account that is being used on the Chromebook and use the Google cloud print option. This is a bit of a hassle admittedly, but I rarely have to print at home.

Filtrete Dirt Devil F1 HEPA Filter, 1 Filter Per Pack
Filtrete Dirt Devil F1 HEPA Filter, 1 Filter Per Pack
Price: $8.84
26 used & new from $0.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter for a great price, July 18, 2014
This is an excellent filter. It has a rubber-necked seal which performs much better than other filters that do not have a seal (namely the Arm & Hammer F1 filter that I have tried previously). This and a great buy and will continue to purchase these for my vacuum.

Hydor Koralia Nano 425 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 425 GPH
Hydor Koralia Nano 425 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 425 GPH
Price: $26.98
29 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent long-lasting, strong pump., July 18, 2014
I have two of these units currently running in my 12 gallon reef tank (my coral require strong flow). The flow is strong and constant. I have had only one unit fail on me (last year), which was promptly replaced. The original unit has been in constant operation for more than 3 years now. It does not disturb the sand as the units are located quite high in the tank.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3