Profile for A > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A "A" RSS Feed (NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Fluke FLK-VT04 Visual Infrared Thermometer with Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
Fluke FLK-VT04 Visual Infrared Thermometer with Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
Price: Click here to see our price
7 used & new from $467.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product but expensive., April 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This thermometer is great but unless it is used professionally, most people cannot afford it due to its price.

Depending on the line of business you are in, this thermometer can be used to identify surface temperatures on walls, equipment, etc. I am using this to see how uniform the temperature distribution is on walls in order to determine any thermal bridges and insulation requirements. It can also be used for safety, to measure the temperatures on surfaces before doing any work.

The tool comes with a carrying hard case which does a great job protecting it at all times on the job site. Also included are a series of accessories (cable, 4 GB card, lanyard, plug adapters and 2 CD's containing software and the user guides.

I also own a Milwaukee spot thermometer, but the color mapping of the Fluke tool gives you a way better idea about what is happening. The display/colors can be adjusted to different temperature ranges.

A very good tool but pricey. Update your firmware to the latest version before using.

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive for Mac with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0  (STDS1000100)
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive for Mac with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (STDS1000100)
Price: Click here to see our price
60 used & new from $59.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hard drive, but it would be even better with a case...., April 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very good drive. I also own the 1.5 TB (non-MAC) version. The performance is very good (speed over the USB 3.0 interface) but I cannot talk about the reliability because I only own both drives for 1-2 months. Even when connected to USB 2.0 ports the drive is faster than older drives but I am assuming that this is because the drive inside the enclosure uses a newer technology than the older USB 2.0 drives.

The build quality is outstanding. The drive comes formatted for MAC and the backup software is already located on the drive. I have reformatted the drive as NTFS to see if it will work. There are absolutely no issues using it as a standard drive on windows. The Windows Seagate Tools recognizes the drive without issues and allows testing it.

The drive comes with a short USB 3.0 cable and it is also compatible with USB 2.0 ports that run at lower speeds. The only reason I will not rate is 5 stars is because it does not come with a case. It does not have to be an expensive case but I feel that any portable drive should come with some kind of case/pouch for protection. I also feel that the drive manufacturer packaging could use more padding to avoid any damage during transit.

Other than that, this product is highly recommended.

I recommend 2 things when buying ANY new drive:

1. Go to the manufacturer website and check your warranty using the drive serial number. For some reason, they have it wrong more often than not and in 2 years when/if it dies you will be looking for your receipt.
2. Use the manufacturer program (in this case SeaTools) to check the drive for errors BEFORE copying all your important stuff on the drive.

Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 7 Ounce
Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 7 Ounce
Price: $15.99
14 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but small...., March 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This thermos is a good product, well made but it is too small. It could probably be OK for just a small child but if you have 2, get the larger one.

Pampers Cruisers Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus 174 Count
Pampers Cruisers Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus 174 Count
Price: $44.99
13 used & new from $42.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good diapers but not overnight...., December 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have tried different brand of diapers over the years but we believe that Pampers makes the best diapers.

Pampers Swaddlers (available in sizes: Newborn, 1 & 2) are the best diapers for babies. They are very soft and comfortable, they don't leak and also do not have that plastic like texture.

The new Pampers Cruisers are good diapers, they fit well and are soft. The only issue with them (thus the 4 star rating) is that you have to change the baby every 3 hours. If you keep the diaper longer, it gets a bit wet on the outside and could make the child's clothes damp or may leak. For longer trips, when you cannot stop and change the child every 3 hours, I would recommend some kind of overnight diapers like "Huggies Overnight". The overnight diapers are also good overnight as we never wake the child up to change.

D-Link Wireless AC Gaming Router - 1300Mbps, Dual-Band, Gigabit, StreamBoost traffic shaping (DGL-5500)
Offered by CircuitCity
Price: $114.97
60 used & new from $95.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive for its performance.... Only 10 entry MAC Filtering ? Why ????, December 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This router implements the latest wireless technology WiFi 802.11AC. This is newer than WiFi 802.11N and the new technology is backward compatible with B, G and N so all your devices will work fine.

I really wanted to like this router. It looks really nice and if you don't know that is a router you would never guess. The fact that it is a dual band router (2.4 and 5 GHz) in today's world where everybody has wireless devices that could interfere with its performance it is a big plus.

StreamBoost and the bandwidth balancing is also a big plus if your use involves several users each with different needs. This technology will allocate bandwidth where is needed most.

I tested this for 2 months and the performance was consistent but I have a huge issue with it that cannot be ignored. DLink limited the MAC Filtering on this product to 10 addresses. I do not understand why, it makes no sense to me. In my case, I have a hardware firewall and I am not interested in this product routing capabilities. I just wanted to use this as an access point, not a wireless router. Configuring this as an access point is possible but the 10 entry MAC address filtering limit makes is useless for me as I have way more than 10 devices. If you are looking to use MAC filtering, look some other place. I just do not understand why DLink would limit this feature.

For the people that did not use MAC Filtering before: MAC Filtering will allow the router/access point to assign an IP address (allow in the network) only to those devices that are specifically allowed based on the hardware address of their network card (MAC Address). If the wireless device is not in the router MAC filtering list, it will not be allowed to join the network. This is just another layer of security that some may find useful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 12:25 PM PST

OtterBox Defender Series for iPad Air - Frustration Free Packaging - Black
OtterBox Defender Series for iPad Air - Frustration Free Packaging - Black
Price: $66.40
22 used & new from $57.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but also somewhat dissapointing...., December 12, 2013
This is a nice case very similar to the other Otterbox cases. I was not very happy that Otterbox dropped the ball and this became available more than 1 month after the iPad Air release.

It is a good case, but in my opinion, it has (2) majors flaws for which I deduct a star (should be more like 1.5 stars).

1. This case will NOT put the IPad to sleep when you snap the screen cover on the way the other Otterbox cases do. The screen lid does not have the little magnets that will turn the iPad off.
2. The build in screen protector is not flawless. I have several cases and half of them have screen protectors with little imperfections. For the price, Otterbox should deliver better quality control.

LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids' Learning Tablet, Green
LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids' Learning Tablet, Green
Offered by Ocean Reef Electronics
Price: $127.44
76 used & new from $39.00

2.0 out of 5 stars High cost of ownership for little benefit..., October 7, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We already own the original LeapPad and I must admit that the hardware in this new one is an improvement over it but the whole concept still lacks.
The LeapPad Ultra is more durable than any of the regular tablets out there but there are several tough cases available that would make a tablet sturdy enough for children use.

The hardware/software combination leaves enough to be desired. Sometimes the pad freezes or is slow for apparently no reason. The WiFi works only about half the time.

The biggest issue that I have with this device is the available applications and their price. I cannot justify spending that kind of money for apps alone. Mostly because of this, the original LeapPad that we have was used for 15 hours in its entire life while this one was used for probably 10.

With an iPad mini that has 2 times more memory and costs twice I wonder who would buy the LeapPad. It has absolutely no value for. If they would offer it for free (to make money on apps alone) it would not be worth it for me.

Any of the tablets + a tough case would be more useful than this and it would also offer a lot more in terms of available applications and other content (videos, books, etc).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 9:10 AM PST

Duracell Powermat PowerSnap Kit - Wireless Charging Case and Backup Battery for iPhone 5 (Black)
Offered by -Supermart
Price: $30.43
19 used & new from $30.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty expensive for minor advantages..., October 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always had an Otterbox case for my phone so I am used to a bulky iPhone. This battery case adds both bulk and weight to the phone. After testing it for a while, I will return to my Otterbox case and when needed I will use an external battery that would charge the phone via the USB cable.

The power mat is not included with this case so if you want to charge this wirelessly, you need to spend more money. The PowerSnap kit has 2 components: a snap on phone case and a snap-on battery. The case makes the wireless charging possible while the additional battery adds extra capacity to the phone.

In my case, I got only about 70% more power for the phone in addition to the internal battery. This is not worth the price for me.
The price is more of an sticking issue because the case doesn't seem to be well made and seems to crack relatively easy.

Maxforce Ant Bait Gel- (4 Tubes),ant Poison,ant Pest Control Products, Kill Ant
Maxforce Ant Bait Gel- (4 Tubes),ant Poison,ant Pest Control Products, Kill Ant
Offered by WeSellDirect
Price: $31.32
11 used & new from $27.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not work on Carpenter Ants !, August 28, 2013
Previously I have used the Maxiforce Carpenter Ant gel and it was effective. After using the entire syringe I decided to buy some more so I got the 4 pack reviewed here. I did not realized at the time that I was not getting the same product (my fault). The packaging looks the same so be careful what you buy.

This one is a lighter color gel and will not work at all on carpenter ants. I deducted a star for that and another one for the fact that it is difficult to use it. The syringe will dispense the gel but you need a tray or something similar located in a place protected from the elements. An actual trap with gel in it would be a lot easier to use. Also, sometimes it comes out as a gel and sometimes as a liquid.

5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Gigabit Steel Cased Switch, IEEE 802.1p QoS, IGMP Snooping
Offered by TEKENVY
Price: $27.47
65 used & new from $15.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive 8 port switch. Solid performance., August 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This switch is similar to the Netgear GS108 which is more expensive. I already own the TP-Link 8 port switch with plastic case and I am very happy with it.
The TP-Link TL-SG108 is an 8 port switch which provides connections for up to 7 devices. Each port has 2 LEDs which indicate the type of connection (green for Gigabit 1000 and yellow for Fast Ethernet 100). The switch has a sturdy steel case and the build quality is remarkable for the price.

I had all of the following devices connected to it: 2 PS3's, XBOX, Silicon Dust tuner, computer, Logitech Revue, Internet TV box. The switch performed beautifully with most of these devices working at the same time, and like its 5 port brother never got hot, which supports the claim that is a power efficient device.

The metal case has several holes under it which make it possible to hang this on the wall if needed. Like the 4 port version, the fact that it doesn't get hot makes it suitable for installation in confined spaces where heat can become a problem.

The switch comes with a power adapter, 4 rubber feet (which I did not need) and a small manual.

At the price and for the performance and build quality you get this is hard to beat. Highly recommended product. If you want to save money and you don't need the metal case, get the plastic one. The 8 port is cheaper than a 5 port Netgear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13