Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Jennifer > Reviews

Browse

Jennifer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer RSS Feed (Bayville, NJ United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Dragons: Rise of Berk
Dragons: Rise of Berk
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars quite happily I may add, August 14, 2015
This review is from: Dragons: Rise of Berk (App)
So I downloaded the game and was playing it for over a year, quite happily I may add. Then about two weeks ago, I opened the app and my entire village is gone. There was no update, no reason why this should conceivably happen. it just erased everything and started me over from the beginning with nothing. I contacted Ludia, who apparently don't provide any support for their games because it's been over a week and they haven't even sent me an acknowledgement, let alone tried to solve the problem. It's a shame. I was having a lot of fun with the game, but I'm not going to restart from scratch if my progress can be erased at any time.

Ice Age Village
Ice Age Village

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice game, really glitchy, March 1, 2015
This review is from: Ice Age Village (App)
I just started playing this game last week and it's cute, but it shuts down on my Kindle Fire all of the time, which is incredibly frustrating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2015 1:58 AM PDT

Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars not a good app, April 9, 2014
If all you want to do is learn a few key words, maybe this app is helpful. But right off the bat, the app was asking me to translate sentences before it even taught me the words to use. I like that the activities are varied, but there still needs to be a progression to the learning.

American Diabetes Association Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating: What to eat in America's most popular chain restaurants
by Hope S. Warshaw
57 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, April 24, 2012
I can't believe that there are so few resources to find retaurant dining guides for people with diabetes, and worse, that this one that looked so promising, is a waste of time. Unless you eat exclusively at fast food restaurants, you won't find anything of value here. I expected that the major chain sit-down restaurants would have benn, and should have been covered in this book. Perhaps the publisher needs to think about putting out a companion edition covering just that.

Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free)
Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Why does it take up so much space?, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free) (App)
I downloaded this to my android phone, only to find that my phone kept giving me messages about not having enough storage space. Why does this game take up so much more space than the other angry birds games? I don't have a ton of apps on my phone (and there are a few I'd like to get rid of that the phone insists I keep for some reason),and I occasionally have to go through and delete stored data, but this just put my phone over the edge and locked it up. I finally had to delete it as I couldn't run it.

Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
by Anne Burrell
Price: $19.03
133 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chef, almost great book, January 12, 2012
I love to watch Anne Burrell on the Food Network because she has a lot of enthusiasm for what she's doing but she also communicates really well. I found those same qualities in her cookbook and got a chuckle out of the page that translates the Anne-isms into regular English. So far, I've made 3 recipes from her book, 2 with fantastic results and 1 not-so-much. I started with the Pommes Chef Anne. It came out wonderful, though it was a bit more work than I usually put into one of my sides. Still, I'll probably make it again. Then I was in the mood for soup, so I turned to the Pasta Fagioli. My results were the same as many others--a disaster. The ratios of beans and pasta to liquid is completely off. I ended up with a big pot of pasta and beans with a little tomato mixed in--not that it was inedible, but it wasn't soup. Needless to say, I won't be making that again. Then Anne redeemed herself big-time with the Zucchini & Parm Fritters with Spicy Tomato Sauce. Marvelous! Crunchy, not too cheesy, and the spicy tomato sauce was really tasty! This may be the first dish I've ever made that I thought could be restaurant quality. Despite the inaccurate pasta fagioli recipe, I recommend this book highly.

Ivy's Ever After
Ivy's Ever After
by Dawn Lairamore
31 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun new princess tale, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Ivy's Ever After (Hardcover)
Ivy's Ever After features some standards from fantasy literature: a spunky princess, a fairy godmother, trolls, an evil prince, and of course, a dragon. While this might not be entirely original, Lairamore tells an engaging story with a lot of humor. I enjpyed it quite a bit and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any young fantasy lover or someone wanting a quick, light read.

Farberware Soft Touch Nonstick Bakeware 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan, Champagne
Farberware Soft Touch Nonstick Bakeware 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan, Champagne
Price: $12.35
6 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars If you have a smaller wall oven, be warned..., December 18, 2009
I bought my first of these cookie sheets a few years ago and have really loved them, but I recently needed to replace one. I went back to the same store where I bought my original ones & got another, but when I brought it home I found that Farberware actually added 3/4" to the overall size of the cookie sheet and the new one did not fit into the oven with the oven door closed. If you have a smaller oven, be sure that you have the measurements of the whole cookie sheet and not just the workable space without the handles.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 2:54 PM PST

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games)
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $8.94
1962 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars No sophomore slump here, August 1, 2009
I got a galley at the BEA Conference this year. Before I started to read, I was terrified that Suzanne Collins couldn't possibly live up to my expectations after the extraordinary Hunger Games. I'm thrilled to say that she did not let me down. I don't want to give anything away as it would only ruin the rollercoaster ride of a read, so suffice it to say that all of our favorite characters are back to join Katniss as the spark of revolution catches fire. Collins is masterful. The story is at once personal to Katniss, Peeta & Gale, but it also makes social statements that can apply to society at large. Characters show the best and the worst of humanity. And at several points, I found myself finishing a chapter, stunned at the turn of events. Collins kept me on the edge of my seat. I hope she's writing quickly, because I can't wait for the concluding volume of this amazing trilogy.

The Black Parade
The Black Parade
Price: $5.87
195 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, November 16, 2006
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
As a newcomer to My Chemical Romance, I've been completely blown away by this CD. That's the good news. The bad news is that now I have to get all of their previous CDs because they're just too good. There were quite a few CDs from my favorite bands that I was anticipating this fall, most of which were a total disappointment. Thanks MCR, for giving us a worthy CD to listen to. Flashes of Queen, The Killers (Hot Fuss-not the new horrible CD), Jimmy Eat World, even Rocky Horror Picture Show--I could totally envision a broadway show or movie for the theatrical quality of some songs. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2