Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Shoe Addict > Reviews

Browse

Shoe Addict's Profile

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shoe Addict RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Secret Clinical Strength Clear Gel Women's Antiperspirant & Deodorant Completely Clean Scent 2.6 Ounce
Price: $12.98
10 used & new from $11.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Invisible Solid Works Way Better Than Clear Gel, October 23, 2015
After receiving a free sample of the Secret Clinical Strength antiperspirant in Invisible Solid (and loving it) I decided to try the clear gel. I wanted to see which formula I liked best since I tend to prefer clear gel over invisible solids. I expected a lot from the clear gel since I had really great results from the invisible solid. Boy was I disappointed! The clear gel in the clinical strength is nowhere near as good as the invisible solid. I am not really sure why but it doesn't seem to work as well, leaving me slightly smelly and a little damp under the underarms. The invisible solid didn't do this at all, it worked great and I was totally impressed with it's staying power. The "completely clean" scent is the same in both formula's, which is great because it is a very clean scent that I really enjoy. But the two formula's do not have the same results Save yourself the hassle and disappointment and pass on the clear gel and instead go with the invisible solid. It doesn't leave a white residue so long as you don't over apply it. A little goes a long way.

*I received a free sample of Secret Clinical Strength deodorant as a member of BzzAgent, however all opinions are my own.

Star Wars Legendary Jedi Master Yoda
Star Wars Legendary Jedi Master Yoda
Offered by Holiday Express (NO TAX anywhere)
Price: $99.00
46 used & new from $55.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy for Star Wars fans and collectors, October 4, 2015
If you are a Star Wars fan, you have to get this! It is really cool and Yoda is very life like. He’s so life like that my 6 year old son was a little scared of him at first. I reassured him it was just a toy. We were so excited to get Yoda out of the packaging, which was no easy feat! If you are giving this to a child on Christmas morning, I advise you take Yoda out of the packaging first as it takes a good 10 minutes, no joke! Once Yoda was out of the packaging, the magic began. We placed 6 “C” batteries in the easy to open, difficult to close battery compartment and with a flick of the switch Yoda came to life. He was moving around and tapping his cane. His voice is very realistic as are his movements and the attention to detail placed on this toy is incredible. We went through the different commands (7 in total) that you can give Yoda to activate one of his 115 phrases. My son was most intrigued by asking Yoda a question and waiting for his response. It felt very reminiscent of the Magic 8 Ball. My son had a hard time remembering the other commands other than “teach me to be a Jedi” and “Yoda can I ask you a question.” We switched his cane to the light saber and were disappointed it didn’t light up at first. It wasn’t until the next day when my son was playing with Yoda that all of a sudden the light saber lit up. Now that was cool and took this toy to a whole new level. It was fun to watch Yoda swing his light saber around and my son really enjoyed pretending to be a Jedi. An additional lightsaber for the child to play with while Yoda trains them to be a Jedi would have been cool. My son ended up taking the wisdom cane and pretending it was a light saber.

Overall, I think this is a neat animatronic toy but I think adults or very serious Star Wars collectors would appreciate this more than a young child who just wants to play with it and quickly becomes disinterested when they realize Yoda doesn’t really do that much. The cost is a bit steep if you are buying it for your child to play with but if you are collecting it then I totally think the price is worth it. It is very cool if nothing more than for movie memorabilia.

I received the Star Wars Legendary Yoda from BzzAgent in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Women's Antiperspirant & Deodorant Completely Clean Scent 2.6  Ounce
Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Women's Antiperspirant & Deodorant Completely Clean Scent 2.6 Ounce
Price: $11.91
13 used & new from $11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Favorite Antiperspirant, September 22, 2015
I have been a fan of Secret antiperspirants for years but had yet to try the Clinical Strength. I didn't think I needed a clinical strength but after trying it, I realized I had been missing out all these years and didn't even know it. It's amazing! It smells great, keeps me dry, doesn't get on my clothes (if you don't over apply it) and honestly I just love it! The “completely clean” scent smells wonderful and lives up to its name, it smells so clean and fresh without being overpowering. I have put it to the test of everyday activities, keeping up with my 6 year old, as well as intense long workouts and I’m happy to report it kept me dry and fresh the entire time. No need to reapply midday as with some other deodorants. In fact, the instructions say for “optimal performance, you should apply at bedtime. It will work while you sleep to reduce excess perspiration. It will continue to protect you throughout your next day even if you bathe or shower the next morning.” How cool is that?! And the best part is….it’s true, it actually works!
The invisible solid formula goes on easily and doesn’t leave behind a white residue as long as you don’t apply too much. All you need is a few swipes to cover entire underam area. If you apply it too thick and slather it on, it will leave a white residue. This is one of those cases where more is not better, plus you really don’t need a lot as this formula is clinical strength. Secret Clinical antiperspirant has quickly become my new favorite antiperspirant and I will definitely purchase this in the future!

BiC Soleil Glow Razors - 3 ct
BiC Soleil Glow Razors - 3 ct
Offered by Couponing with Allie
Price: $11.25
5 used & new from $8.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Great on arms not so great on other parts of body, September 7, 2015
My first impression with the BIC Soleil Glow razors was that I love the bright colors they come in and I appreciated that there were 3 different colors in the package. I was excited to try these out and had semi-high hopes since it is a 3-blade razor. I had a difficult time getting the protective cover off the razor, I thought it pulled off like most razors but instead you have to slide the cover off to one side. This was my error and I felt pretty silly afterwards that I spent a couple minutes just trying to figure out how to open the dang thing. I shaved my armpits first and was not impressed! It felt the wide razor head didn't do a good job of contouring to the curves of the armpit area and therefore didn't get all the hairs and didn't provide a close shave. I had to go over the area a couple times and later in the day noticed I had razor burn in my armpits, that never happens to me! After my armpits I moved on to my legs, it worked better there but still wasn't as close a shave as I get with my usual razor. I shave most of my body as I like to be fairly hair free but I didn't even attempt to shave my "private" area with this, it seemed much to big and bulky to do a thorough job and I was too scared I wouldn't have enough control of the razor and would nick or cut myself. But I did try it on my arms. I usually shave my arms with a Venus Intuition razor so I don't have to use shave cream or anything and can just go for it. I tried the BIC Soleil Glow on my arms with just a little body wash and I LOVED it! It did a really good job on my arms and went pretty fast since it covers a big area at one time.
My overall opinion of the BIC Soleil Glow razor is that I am not too impressed with it and I probably wouldn't purchase them for my legs or armpits but I might purchase them to use on my arms instead of the pricier ones I use now. The plastic piece around the blades is too big and bulky to allow for a close shave on most areas of the body. I did feel the razor was very smooth and had a nice glide and feel to it but just didn't provide the close shave I am used to. I loved the ergonomic handle which is much bigger and wider than I am used to and it felt very comfortable to hold.

* I received this product as part of a promotion from the brand however all opinions are my own.

Personna Eyebrow Trimmer and Shaper for Men and Women
Personna Eyebrow Trimmer and Shaper for Men and Women
Offered by Your 5 Star General Store
Price: $9.99
17 used & new from $0.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp, work great but easy to nick yourself, September 2, 2015
Love these! work very well especially for eyebrows. But due use caution with these as they are very sharp and easy to cut yourself with. The first time I used them I cut myself several places and didn't realize it while I was grooming my eyebrows. It wasn't until after that I noticed tiny nicks all around my eyebrows. But at least they are sharp and work, just be careful and go slow.

Carlson Convertible Pet Yard
Carlson Convertible Pet Yard
Price: $84.97
21 used & new from $72.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work For Very Small Dog, September 2, 2015
This does not work for a very small dog, they are able to walk through the corner slats. My 1.5 lb yorkie fit right through the corner slats making this useless. The slats in the corners are slightly wider than the slats on the panel pieces and they were just wide enough for my dog to fit through. Sure I could have rigged this with wood or thick plastic pieces jammed in the corners but for the price I paid ($79.01) I didn't want to have to rig anything. Unfortunately, return shipping was not free so I lost $16 on this! But honestly this pet yard was useless. If your dog is bigger and not able to fit through the slats then this is a great play yard, seems durable, love the walk through gate, and ability to change the ship. I wish it would have worked for my dog because this could have been such a problem solver...back to the drawing board for me.

LEGO Movie 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
LEGO Movie 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
Offered by Mirrorsymmetry
Price: $21.99
100 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set especially for the figures, June 29, 2015
This set is so cute and an awesome, cheaper way to get some of the beloved Lego Movie figures like Unikitty and Wyldstyle!! Purchased this for my son just for the figures. Cuckoo Palace is definitely "girly" so we haven't built it and it's still sitting in the box but definitely worth it just for the figures. They are much more expensive if you bought them all separately. As always with Lego, the quality is superb! I do wish Unikitty stayed together better, she has a tendency to fall apart easily.

LapGear XL Laptop LapDesk - 45492
LapGear XL Laptop LapDesk - 45492
Price: $21.85
20 used & new from $19.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome LapDesk!!, June 29, 2015
Just received this yesterday and I am already in love with it! It is much larger than I expected but honestly that is what makes it so great. Fits my laptop and mouse perfectly! Very comfortable on the legs as well. Sturdy work surface. The wrist support is nice and it keeps laptop and mouse from slipping off. I haven't used the pockets yet but know that this feature will come in very handy. I honestly couldn't be more pleased with this, I work from home and sometimes would like to sit on the couch while working as opposed to a desk and rigid office chair...this is the perfect solution! Now I can hang out in the living room with my family while I do some work. Highly recommend.

Speedo Kids' UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Classic Swim Vest, Lime, Large
Speedo Kids' UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Classic Swim Vest, Lime, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Kids Who Have Outgrown Puddle Jumper But Still Need Floatation, June 10, 2015
Purchased this for my 5 year old son after he outgrew the Puddle Jumper. He knows how to swim but is not confident yet to swim all the time without flotation. I was hesitant at first because I worried this would be too small for my tall boy and wouldn't provide enough flotation since the vest is very thin. I was wrong, this is GREAT! It provides enough flotation while letting your child swim and gain confidence and ability without a bulky flotation device getting in the way. Gives me peace of mind and helps my son practice strokes. I love it and so does my son!

Tinkle Eyebrow Shaper, 3pk
Tinkle Eyebrow Shaper, 3pk
Offered by Mighty Gadget (USA Merchant)
Price: $4.38
26 used & new from $0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Tinkle Razors -- These are the best, June 10, 2015
These are the REAL TINKLE razors, not a knock-off. Purchased this specific brand over others after watching a video with Michelle Money using this product. I have tried other brands and most of them have been very dull. This one is great!! It's sharp but not so sharp that you constantly have to worry you are going to cut yourself. It's great for shaving the vellus hair on face. It's not so great for eyebrows as the blade is very large and hard to maneuver around the eyebrow area. I would suggest the Personna Eyebrow Shapers for eyebrows and Tinkle for face. I love this product and will continue to purchase this brand. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7