Profile for Big Red > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1906

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Big Red RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, Vanilla Chai, 15.4 Ounce
Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, Vanilla Chai, 15.4 Ounce
Price: $28.90
3 used & new from $28.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Mix with a fruit smoothie for the best taste, February 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't have dairy, so there isn't a wide selection of protein powders to choose from unfortunately. I give the non-dairy varieties a try when I see them. I've tried several powders that tasted like chalk dust.

Enter Vega Sport.

It's vegan. Free of dairy, gluten, and soy. Just about anyone can consume this one safely.

I think no matter what protein powder you try it will be a bit chalky, but I feel picking the right flavor is important. I've previously tried the berry flavor, which is ideal for me since I like to make smoothies with fruit. Vanilla with fruit is a good mix too. Yes, you still get the powdery, chalky consistency, but the flavor is decent paired with real fruit. I tried mixing it with almond milk and drinking that straight... it was tough to get down without wincing.

Alaska Glacial Mud Mineral Mud Masque Unscented (16 oz)
Alaska Glacial Mud Mineral Mud Masque Unscented (16 oz)

5.0 out of 5 stars Harvested in beautiful Alaska. My wife and I love the masque!, February 15, 2015
I first discovered Alaska Glacial Mud Co while watching ABC's Shark Tank, a show where entrepreneurs pitch their businesses to investors. I was intrigued.

Lauren, the founder of Alaska Glacial Mud, runs her mud business out of the small town of Cordova, Alaska, a quaint little city regarded as a hidden treasure. She's also a commercial salmon fisherwoman, and she runs the fishing boat all by herself from the photos I've seen. My wife and I agree Lauren is one tough cookie! We also say she's living the good life in beautiful Alaska.

I recently tried this purifying mud masque, harvested from the soft, buttery mud banks of the Copper River Delta in Alaska. Picture a serene, beautiful wilderness landscape with flowing rivers and no signs of humankind - that's where your mud is coming from!

My wife and I love the masque! There are several different scents (I prefer the unscented) and you don't need to add water or do any mixing. It's ready to use when you open the jar, which is of very nice quality I might add. Nice packaging too.

The mud detoxifies and softens my skin, and I prefer to focus my application on and around my nose where my pores are biggest. The facial brush is a handy tool for even application if you'd rather not use your fingers. The mud is also allergy-free and doesn't cause irritation, which is key for me as I have sensitive skin. I have to be careful with creams and the like. After 15 minutes and then washing away, my skin feels soft and refreshed.

Alaskan Glacial Mud- Glacial Facial Mask - Unscented - 3.5 oz
Alaskan Glacial Mud- Glacial Facial Mask - Unscented - 3.5 oz
Offered by AMSG Enterprises
Price: $34.00
12 used & new from $34.00

My wife and I love the masque! There are several different scents (I prefer the unscented) and you don't need to add water or do any mixing. It's ready to use when you open the jar, which is of very nice quality I might add. The jar is thick glass and feels solid in my hands. Nice packaging too.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Pre Shrunk, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Designer Inspired, Ultra Absorbent, 20x30" Urban Stripe Dishtowel Set of 3, Aqua
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the most absorbent towels ever, but I like the aqua color, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like blue and green colors for sheets and towels and the like, and these dish towels in aqua are a no-brainer for me.

The towels have different patterns, which I like because then you'll know if it's been used recently (kind of like having different color shirts - you know if you've worn it). "Oh, we just used the striped towel the other day so let's grab the solid one." You could say I'm particular about usage...

Despite the bright color the towels still hide stains fairly well. Obviously if it's something like coffee it's going to look soiled. Not the most absorbent towels I've ever had, but they're fine for drying hands and cleaning up little things.

I recommend 'em.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Offered by Worldwide Sales
Price: Click here to see our price
194 used & new from $19.23

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most ergonomic controllers out there. Lots of battery life for two AAs., February 11, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 Bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.

I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 1:28 AM PST

Zenna Home 7402AL, NeverRust  Aluminum Shower Caddy, Satin Chrome
Zenna Home 7402AL, NeverRust Aluminum Shower Caddy, Satin Chrome
Price: $35.14
4 used & new from $34.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of storage space; easy to hang on the shower head, February 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is actually a very large caddy with lots of storage space. The top shelf can easily hold most sizes of bottles, but the second shelf, however, is a squeeze for tall bottles. It'll hold smaller sizes, but not all.

Despite it's size, the caddy is lightweight but can still hold quite a bit of stuff like wash cloths, loofahs, and bar soap. There are also two spots to place a razor, although I don't have much use for this being that I don't shave in the shower. For women, this feature is great.

Installation-wise, getting the caddy to stay on the shower head is easy. The U-shape hook has a plastic coating to keep the caddy from moving or sliding off.

StrengthTape Kinesiology Tape - 16.4'(5m) Roll with 10" Precut Strips - Black
StrengthTape Kinesiology Tape - 16.4'(5m) Roll with 10" Precut Strips - Black
Offered by The Triathlete Store
Price: $12.55
16 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more streamlined than wearing a brace, February 3, 2015
I've had "runner's knee" for quite awhile, and it's frustrating. Kinesio tape helps.

I used to wear a soft, stretchable brace to provide a bit of support, which can be a nuisance. But wearing the StrengthTape tape is so much more streamlined. It won't fix an injury, but it provides support and it's been smooth sailing while wearing the tape on long distance runs.

People have even asked me about StrengthTape when they see me wearing it, and I'm happy to recommend it and talk about the benefits. I feel it's often overlooked as an option for athletic support.

The tape is pre-cut which is such a time saver. In the past I was bringing tiny scissors with me everywhere to cut tape, but with StrengthTape I don't have to cut anything. Check out the instructional videos on their site for how to tape up various body parts effectively. There's 16 feet of tape in this box, and you'll get plenty of uses.

LifeProof iPhone 6 Case - Fre Series - Black (Black/Black)
LifeProof iPhone 6 Case - Fre Series - Black (Black/Black)
Price: $66.21
37 used & new from $51.31

4.0 out of 5 stars It's been great so far in snow and rain, January 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The main sell of this LifeProof case is the waterproofing feature. If you're concerned about water, this is for you. If you don't care, you may want to look elsewhere since this case is rather pricey.

Pros:
- Durable with good protection against water and drops/bumps.
- I'm not going to do a six-foot drop to test the protective limits, but short drops on carpet and incidental bumps are no problem.
- I'm also not about to test the waterproofing by submerging the phone, but I submerged the case in water for a bit. When I brought it back up, there wasn't any water inside. It appears to be waterproof! It's been great so far in snow and rain.

Cons:
- The phone is enclosed so the speakers cannot be used effectively. You can either use the case as protection or lose it and enjoy having speakers.

LARABAR Fruit & Nut Food Bar, Blueberry Muffin, Gluten Free, 1.6 Oz., (Pack of 5)
Price: $4.99
10 used & new from $4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Made from whole food and so many flavors to choose from!, January 29, 2015
If you like snacks and haven't tried a Larabar yet, you're missing out. They're tasty, gluten-free, and are actually pretty healthy for you. Larabar is a delicious blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts, and spices. And more importantly, it's made from whole food and as close to the natural state as possible.

I prefer the bars that are more fruity, like banana bread, apple pie, and key lime pie. Or maybe I just like pie...

And my favorite bar is blueberry muffin. It's real fruity, rich, and just tastes great. You've got blueberries, cashews, dates, lemon, and vanilla. Did you know blueberry is the most popular muffin flavor in the U.S.? People love blueberries.

Larabars are great for on the go (I gorge on these while hiking), at the office when you're in need of a pick-me-up, sending with lunch for your kid, and pretty much anything. The bars are portable and small enough to stick in pockets without being bulky.

And there are so many flavors to choose from!

LÄRABAR 16-Flavor Variety (Pack of 16).
LÄRABAR 16-Flavor Variety (Pack of 16).
Offered by Glutenfree4U
Price: $29.39
7 used & new from $28.99

And there are so many flavors to choose from! With the variety pack you get 'em all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20