Profile for R. K. Tarpley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. K. Tarpley RSS Feed (Poulsbo, WA United States)

Virginia the Unicorn indoor or outdoors (garden) décor plant stands. Holds 4" pots - 15" inches tall
Offered by Celery Street
Price: $37.99
3 used & new from $29.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, January 21, 2014
I bought this for my wife. She absolutely loves it! She took it to the local nursery to find just the right plant for her. The people at the nursery loved it also.

Brave (Three-Disc Collector's Edition: Blu-ray / DVD)
Brave (Three-Disc Collector's Edition: Blu-ray / DVD)
DVD ~ Kelly Macdonald
Offered by Brand New Rarities
Price: $25.74
120 used & new from $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, an animated Scottish tale, June 24, 2012
My wife and I are seniors and of Scottish descent. We thought it was a ripping good yarn! The children in the theatre had almost no problem with the accent, since it was toned down significantly from the Brogue for English speaking audiences, as was "Braveheart".

It was a delightful tale. Much better than the mediocre Disney animated films of the last 10-15 years. I enjoy most of the Pixar films though. I thought the script was well written and the choice of voices for the film was excellent. Have long been a fan of Billy Connolly for other things.

The animation was absolutely wonderful. The characters were purely animated but the background scenery seemed almost real.

I go to movies for an escape, which is why I hate "reality" anything. This is certainly my idea of a great way to put the world on hold and float away for a short time. It revives the spirit.

iPhone: The Missing Manual, 4th Edition
iPhone: The Missing Manual, 4th Edition
by David Pogue
123 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars another Pogue hit, November 7, 2010
As ususal, David Pogue has gotten it right. As with all his books, the information is clear and concise. I would encourage anyone who has an iPhone 4 to buy the book and use it. Also, as usual, Amazon.com has the best price.

Pipes and Drums of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards: Highland Cathedral
Pipes and Drums of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards: Highland Cathedral
DVD ~ Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
Price: $17.38
20 used & new from $11.36

5.0 out of 5 stars The Scots tradition, January 25, 2009
This is a most excellent DVD. I have Scottish heritage and have been there to hear first hand. Wonderfully filmed and choreographed. Fine Pipe Band also. A true taste of Scotland and some beautiful scenery.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Check your equipment first!!!, October 24, 2008
Always check the equipment you're going to use it in. I made a bad assumption that since I already had a 2 G card that the 8 G would work fine. WRONG! It nor the 4 G cards work in my Canon camera. I'd like to send them back for credit...

The Complete Hits of Linda Scott
The Complete Hits of Linda Scott
Price: $16.58
26 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten singers, May 13, 2007
This is a great album by a cute little gal with a big voice. Her songs were popular when I was a young man out of high school and it's great to relive them.

Hamish Macbeth - Series One
Hamish Macbeth - Series One
DVD ~ Robert Carlyle
Price: $24.92
65 used & new from $6.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Scots wha hey., June 25, 2006
This review is from: Hamish Macbeth - Series One (DVD)
A great Scotland based series. The actors fit parts like a glove. Being involved in many things Scottish, I thoroughly enjoyed this series and am looking forward to the next DVD. Scenery and wonderful accents are great.

Cocoon
Cocoon
DVD ~ Don Ameche
Offered by NorCalBeliever
Price: $30.19
53 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie, June 25, 2006
This review is from: Cocoon (DVD)
This is the type of fun movie that you don't see any more. It's all blood, gore and uninspired. This is the reason I watch movies.

Canon Optura 200MC MiniDV 1.3 Megapixel Camcorder
Canon Optura 200MC MiniDV 1.3 Megapixel Camcorder
4 used & new from $148.00

5.0 out of 5 stars User friendly, fantastic results., September 29, 2005
I researched small camcorders for 3 months, July through September of 2002, to take for a week in London and three weeks in Scotland. I selected the Canon Optura 200 MC. It arrived in October and at 60 years of age, I practiced with it and it was easy to learn. We left on our trip in mid May of 2003. I took 1174 digital stills and 17 hours of mini DV tape in that month. The pictures I got were wonderful. I have received lots of compliments on the quality of both the stills and the video. I defy anyone to get better quality pictures with cameras that cost twice as much or more. I would not trade my camera for anything. When I finally am ready to purchase a camera in the future, I WILL buy another Canon.