Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Profile for Meirav > Reviews

Browse

Meirav's Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meirav "yll" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for days, July 13, 2006
At first, I was apprehensive about following the directions for uisng Lavilin.

I probably wouldn't have, except I had cousins who had been using it. They kept describing Lavilin as "nicer" than other deodorants. They didn't smell bad, and he worked out a lot at the time. They explained that you used it at night and washed it in the morning. The worker in the shop where I first bought it explained the procedure in more detail. Still, no one had warned me about the three day waiting period. Well, that's all history now.

I've been using Lavilin for more than 15 years, and I wouldn't go back to daily deodorant. It is much more convenient, and as someone else mentioned, it works by killing bacteria that cause odors, not by covering up odors.

By the way, Lavilin seems to work longer the longer you use it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 9:07 PM PST

The Christmas Menorahs: How a Town Fought Hate (Concept Books (Albert Whitman))
The Christmas Menorahs: How a Town Fought Hate (Concept Books (Albert Whitman))
by Janice Cohn
32 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An important true story, January 26, 2006
Our kids have turned this into a play, which they have enacted the past three years at Chanukah. It's an important about tolerance fighting hate.

This is an important story for Jewish and non-Jewish children.

A Confused Hanukkah: An Original Story of Chelm
A Confused Hanukkah: An Original Story of Chelm
by Jon Koons
59 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but for whom?, December 15, 2005
Chelm stories poke fun of the villagers, but they sometimes have a message. For example, one of my favorite Chelm Chanukah stories is the one that explains why the dreidels in Chelm have no letters. In the process, it tells the story of Chanukah. It also reveals that the villagers understand that all miracles are great, that this one happened in the land of Israel. One I didn't like as much involved a villager getting a table to place the village chanukah so that the people could celebrate. In the process, you gather that he thinks the table could walk. No great story is told. This story fits in the former category, but I think the message, about confusing the holiday with the celebrations from "the Big City," is designed more for adults than for children. It's an important message, but is it designed for the target audience?

Hiding and Seeking: Faith and Tolerance After the Holocaust
Hiding and Seeking: Faith and Tolerance After the Holocaust
DVD ~ Akiva Daum
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $18.90
17 used & new from $12.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Documentaries don't usually make you cry!, May 12, 2005
Documentaries usually are designed to make you think. This one makes you think AND feel. It starts with the protagonist, Menachem Daum lamenting that religion in general is in danger of being taken over by hate-filled extremists. We find that Daum's two sons are Yeshiva students who have no particular desire to associate with those who aren't Jewish.`Perhaps, through their grandfather, perhaps, through their studies, they've developed the mindset that non-Jews are basically dangerous and that it's best to erect a barrier between them. This is a journey as father reunites his children with the Polish couple who risked their lives to save the children's grandfather and uncles.

The story drags in part, but press on. The end more than accommodates the lack of professional editing, and it has a few life lessons.

Philips Sonicare Advance 4700 Power Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare Advance 4700 Power Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using Sonicare toothbrushes forever, July 13, 2004
I've been using Sonicare toothbrushes for about 10 years. My dentist offered a discount on the original model and I liked it better than the other electric toothbrush I had been using. It can keep your teeth close to the condition they are in when you return from a cleaning.
Not only does it leave your teeth cleaner than manual brushing, but it is easier to clean than some other models. Over the years, the company has improved this brush. The handle now has a longer life and it has clear indicators of when it needs recharging.
The compact head works better than the standard head at getting in the back of your mouth. Be sure to angle the brush at the gumline to get the pockets where gingivitis can occur.
My only complaint with this toothbrush is that junk can build up at the base of the brush and the bottom of the charger. Newer models have a redesigned charger that may be easier to clean.

Eureka 7671AT The Boss Dual Edge Cleaning Upright Vacuum
Eureka 7671AT The Boss Dual Edge Cleaning Upright Vacuum

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine!, July 8, 2004
I'm really puzzled by all the negative comments about this vacuum cleaner. I bought mine two years ago, it never made strange noises, it sucks up the dirt, and it can accept high filtration bags. The tools are easy to use and are in handy locations. What more could you want? What's more, I paid only $50 for it on sale. Sure, it's not one of those cleaners that can pick up one-inch steel balls, but I didn't pay for that! Plus, I'm not sure I would want that. I often find coins on the floor, and I'd just as soon pick them up by hand. One the other hand, I want a vaccuum cleaner that can pick up dust, fireplace ash and baking soda that I put down. It does that.

The Sabbath
The Sabbath
by Abraham Joshua Heschel
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! This book is rich!, May 23, 2004
This review is from: The Sabbath (Paperback)
Some books are informative. Others are inspiring. This one is both. It has gems on every page. It's not a how-to guide for how to make Shabbat, but a how-to guide for how to think about the Queen of Days. He uses word imagery and wisdom from the sages to paint pictures on every page. It's the kind of book you can read over and over and get something different.
After checking this book out of the library, I want to buy two copies: one for me and one for our temple's library.

Seabiscuit (Widescreen Edition)
Seabiscuit (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Tobey Maguire
Price: $7.50
368 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story; great film, April 28, 2004
I didn't know the Seabiscuit story before watching this film. I didn't know it was an underdog story. All I knew going in was that it was a horse movie. I didn't expect to like it and it ended up being one of my favorite films of 2003.
The movie is a great story, but I enjoyed it how it was told as much as what was told. I enjoyed the melding of stories about a too-tall Depression Era jockey who was forced to leave his family, a horse doctor with unconventional methods, and an owner. We see how they blend as not just a business partnership, but as family.
We watch men and horses overcome physical and emotional hurdles to beat the unbeatable.
A great feel good movie.

Lost in Translation
Lost in Translation
DVD ~ Bill Murray
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $5.06
326 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost in boredom, April 27, 2004
This review is from: Lost in Translation (DVD)
This movie was nominated for Best Picture. You'd think that would indicate that that would be an indication of a good movie. My friend and I thought that when we went to see it live. So we sat, waiting for the good part to come -- and then the movie ended.

How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
by Leil Lowndes
Price: $12.61
288 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't fall for it!, April 27, 2004
If you buy this book -- as I did -- then you deserve the lesson that I learned. Some people just aren't going to fall in love with you, just as you aren't going to fall in love with everyone.
If you learn that lesson and learn to be comfortable with it, you'll save yourself a lot of heartache. Don't try to make that one special person fall for you. That person may not really be all that you image him or her to be.
However, some of the lessons in this book will make you a more lovable person, and will increase your chances of finding an attractive human to fall in love with you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5