Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for rebelmomof2 > Reviews

Browse

rebelmomof2's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1379

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rebelmomof2 RSS Feed (Michigan)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100% Cotton, Professional Stripe Bib Apron With Adjustable Neck Strap & Waist Ties, Unisex Restaurant Chef Kitchen Apron Is Machine Washable with Front Pockets, Perfect for Cooking, Baking, Barbequing, & More - Black
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Snazzy but Professional Look ..., February 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love aprons as they keep my outfits clean while I cook and bake. This one is snazzy with the pinstripes in it. I don't have a black apron and this one is nice. It is long for me (I am only five feet tall) but not too long where I trip over the hem. I just tie the ribbons in the back and it stays put. The pockets are roomy. It is somewhat stiff but that's because it's brand new. I have aprons like this before and it will soften up over time. But it just has that professional crispness to it and it looks nice especially if you're buying this for your business.

I think the price is reasonable too. I am thinking this would be a great wedding gift to give to someone who is starting out as it will protect your clothes, or even as a gift for someone who is starting out in culinary school.

Serta 1 Piece Reversible Stretch Suede Box Sofa Slipcover, Brown/Ivory
Serta 1 Piece Reversible Stretch Suede Box Sofa Slipcover, Brown/Ivory
Price: $91.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Material ..., February 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had other slipcovers and this one seems to be the answer to my prayers. I have a black long-haired dog and he sheds like crazy. I hate having him on my furniture since not only does he shed, he also licks his paws nonstop and leave stains on the furniture. The previous slip covers I have gotten does not stay on. It wasn't a full pull-on slip cover like this one. It would slide down from the back and bunches up ... it was just uncomfortable.

This one seems to be the solution. However, we have a reclining couch. It does not fit on my arms of the couch, but it does cover the cushions without sliding out.The material is bunching around the arms, but honestly, I can just lay a pillow over it and no one will be the wiser. The back of the couch is covered and it is working out well. I love the material as it is soft and comfortable. The brown goes well with my reclining feet so that helps. The ivory will work well too.

The only objection I would have is the price. It seems to be awfully expensive to cover furniture at $91. That would be a big deterrent for me if I want to buy the same slip covers for the love seat and for the chair. But I do love the material. It is a soft gorgeous feel and I do feel luxurious when I am sitting on my couch and it does protect the couch well from the normal wear and tear of an active family.

Platinum-Plated Sterling Silver Swarovski Zirconia "I Heart Mom" Pendant Necklace
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Mothers of All Ages!, February 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous pendant. I wasn't sure how it was going to look on me, especially since I prefer understated jewelry. This is very lovely. It hangs nicely. It is sparkly but not too sparkly. It is not diamonds and the pink stone is cubic zirconia, but it is a lovely shade of pink. It is not flashy. It is a lovely shade of pink, very feminine.

The necklace hangs nicely down my neck, where I can show it off. It has 27 stones around it and they are not big or gaudy. The chain is platinum silver and is sturdy. You can wear this necklace every day and it will still shine as new as the day you first got it.

I think it is perfect for women of all ages. It might seem like something a young kid would purchase for his/her mother, but my teen sons thought it would be good for me as well. I think it would be wonderful for my mom as well. It is not a super delicate necklace like I have seen online, and for this price, it is a great gift to give for the special mom in your life, whether it is for her birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas or Mother's Day or even for a "just because."

InterDesign AFFIXX Peel and Stick Adhesive Vanity Cosmetic Organizer, Damage-Free Storage for Hair Care, Jewelry, Bath, Cotton Swab Holder, Makeup Organization - (Set of 3), Clear
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Organizing!, February 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are super handy to have around the house, with or without the adhesives to put on the mirror/wall. I did not use the adhesives because I am wary of sticking those things on places where I will change my mind later. I am not a fan of adhesives especially on walls where you will end up repairing the mess later with paint. I tend to change my mind on how my bathroom vanity looks often, so even though I am not sticking it on my bathroom mirror, it still comes in handy.

I love how I can stick the one container on top of the one with the lid. It stays put. They are the right size to hold a lot of lip glosses, mascara and for me, hair scrunchies and barrettes. I can put it in the corner of my vanity and know that they are sturdy enough without it all falling over. I will most likely end up using it in my sewing corner, where I can use these to hold all those little scissors and knick knacks that I need to keep near my sewing machine.

I can see a variety of uses for these and the price is not that expensive for these containers, especially when you consider that you will get three containers. I can use these in my bedroom to hold my every day jewelry pieces. I can use these in the office for paper clips, binders and odds and ends. They are not big enough to hold my finger nail polish collection, but they would be the right size to hold lots of cotton balls and q-tips.

This is great for the organizer in me.

18k Gold-Plated Sterling Silver Filigree Heart Earrings and Pendant Necklace Jewelry Set
Price: $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant Necklace for Every Day ..., February 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous set of necklace and earrings. The heart is small, delicate looking and the chain is very fine. The earrings are lovely just as well. They are not flashy. They add elegance to every day clothing as well as for special occasions.

It may seem to be "young" to wear, but I think it would be gorgeous for all ages. It is a rather understated piece of jewelry. It is not a diamond pendant but it is a lovely gift to give to your mom, grandma, young daughters, teenagers. It is also a lovely gift from a child to give to his/her mother.

I love the fact that the pendant is double sided so I don't have to fuss with it when I put it on. The earrings are just the right amount of weight and does not drag the ear lobes down.

The only complaint I have with this necklace is the fact that it came tangled. I had to spend over an hour untangling the knots. I don't know if it is the way they packaged it or the mail delivery is that rough, because when I opened it, the necklace was all tangled. If you're going to send that as a gift to someone, this might be a concern.

Other than that, I love this necklace/earring set. It's perfect for Valentine's Day as well as every day.

18k Yellow Gold Plated Sterling Silver Multi-Gemstone Hinged Bangle Bracelet, 7.25"
Price: $40.40
2 used & new from $36.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Elegant, February 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Most bracelets I own tend to irritate me. They would pull at the fine hairs on my wrist/arm when it falls back when I lift my hand to do something, like stirring the pot of sauce on the stove.

This one does not. It is smooth on the underside; perhaps the smoothest I have ever owned. It is delicate looking but sturdy. It is comfortable. It is elegant and I absolutely love it. I love the multi colors on this, so I can wear a variety of other jewelry pieces with this bracelet and still "match."

It is thin but not super thin. It does not irritate my arm even though it doesn't completely enclose my wrist. It does not stick out too far and my second favorite part of this bracelet is the hinge. I can unhook the hinge myself without any trouble and I don't have to rely on someone else to put it on for me. Super easy to click on and just as easy to take it off. However, just because it's easy to click open, does not mean that this bracelet will fly off my wrist either. It is secure.

I often wear sweaters that are delicate and the bracelet does not snag on them. The gemstones are not that rough and it is rather smooth in comparison with other bracelets. For this price, it is a bargain since it's a gorgeous piece of jewelry. The gemstones are not too small and it is sturdy enough for every day use and perfect for special occasion as it does dress up an outfit.

This is simply one of my favorite bracelet and I will definitely recommend this to everyone who is looking for a nice bracelet to dress up an outfit.

Rose Gold-Plated Sterling Silver Filigree Heart Earrings and Necklace Jewelry Set
Price: $23.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Gorgeous Set of Necklace and Earrings, February 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lately, I have been eyeing the rose gold-plated necklaces and earrings. It's such a lovely color and seems to go well with all skin tones. I am very pale with dark hair, so this color looks warm around my neck. In the winter time, it just adds color to my wardrobe. It is a "warm" tone and very elegant.It goes with just about any outfit that you can think of! I wear a lot of black or brown in the winter time, and this necklace set just adds to the colors of the outfit, as well as bring out the rosier colors of my skin undertone.

I thought this heart shaped necklace and earrings might be too young for me, but it really isn't. It is perfect for all ages. I can see buying something like this for my 10 year old niece as well as for my grandma who is 96. The rose-color is just lovely and it adds a touch of the elegance to every day jewelry. And for this price, it's a steal.

I would recommend this for any time, not just for Valentine's Day. If you're looking for something a bit unique for your special lady, this would be a nice gift to surprise her with. It is simple, gorgeous and elegant.

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Two Tone Pear Shape Yellow Cubic Zirconia 9x6mm and White Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings (3cttw)
Price: $15.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Earrings, February 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband noticed them right away and the first thing that he said was, "You haven't worn yellow in a long time." The second thing he said was, "These are really gorgeous earrings!"

They really are gorgeous. If you have short hair, these earrings will pop out. My hair is longer and I have been wearing my hair up so I can show off these earrings. They're not too fancy for every day wear, but they are elegant enough to dress up an outfit for dinner out or even for church. I love how they sparkle. They are like little bursts of sunshine in the midst of winter. And the price is affordable. Some might call these costume jewelry as the price is right, but they are not the kind of earrings you would find at Claire's or in the drugstore aisle. They are actually a bit nicer than a lot of earrings that are out there.

I also have sensitive ears, so these do not irritate my ears like I thought they might. I also like how they added a secure tab to put behind the regular tabs to keep the earrings in place.

With Valentine's Day around the corner, instead of buying something red for your lady, surprise her with these. They are unique and will make her sparkle.

Rose Gold-Plated Sterling Silver Filigree Ball Pendant Necklace, 18"
Rose Gold-Plated Sterling Silver Filigree Ball Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $16.34
2 used & new from $15.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Necklace, Perfect for All Ages, January 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With Valentine's Day coming up, jewelers are going to be advertising their goods and I can honestly tell you that this necklace is really lovely.It is such a gorgeous color; different from your traditional necklaces. It is delicate enough for dressing up an outfit for dinner and it's strong enough for every day wear.

The only thing is, the chain size does not appear to be 18 inches long, but I did measure it for this review. It just doesn't seem long like it shows in the diagram on the review page. It does not hang down very far down my neck and I am a petite woman. It fits nicely in the curve of my throat, so if you are expecting a longer chain, this is not it. You can always buy a longer chain if you don't like necklaces close to your throat.

For this price, it's a steal. It really is. It has such an intricate design. The rose-colored gold is simply elegant. I have been eyeing a lot of rose golds lately and this necklace is just lovely. It is a delicate color, and it complements all skin tones. The packaging is nice as well. I have not found anything to complain about! This is going to be one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.

This is a perfect gift to give to your wife, girlfriend, sweetheart, daughters and mother. It packs a lot of sentimentality in its simplicity.

True Crimes: A Family Album
True Crimes: A Family Album
by Kathryn Harrison
Price: $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravest Book I Have Yet To Read, January 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought I have read Kathryn Harris' books before. Apparently not as this is a totally unfamiliar author for me. I am now hooked by her elegant prose. I will admit that sometimes, I have to put her book down as it probes into dark areas of the human psyche. It can be unsettling. It can be sad. It can be sentimental ... all the wide array of human emotions that a person can experience in a lifetime.

I don't have a favorite essay in this book because they all are written thoughtfully and in such a way that makes me reflect on memories of my own life, my own relationships and experiences. I don't necessarily understand her pain in some things (especially her relationship with her dog), but I do understand her sadness, her joys and while I have never felt the depth of her pain, I can empathize. It is a haunting collection of stories and it is written in such a way that one cannot help but empathize and perhaps sympathize.

I will admit that some of her essays did make me feel uncomfortable as it is too raw and too open. If that was her intent, she succeeded. I cannot say I love this book, but I do respect her willingness to bare her soul to the world. This is perhaps the bravest book I have read so far. It is not a light and fluffy memoir by any means. No, she takes you down into some of the darkest holes you never thought of and when you emerge at the end of the chapter, you're amazed at how the rest of the world is still moving along. It is definitely not a journey for weak readers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20