Profile for Busy Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1215

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Busy Mom RSS Feed (Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bissell 1305 PowerGlide Pet Vacuum
Bissell 1305 PowerGlide Pet Vacuum
Price: $141.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Suction and Good Vacuum Cleaner., August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a dog who loves to shed all over the place and this vacuum is perfect for picking it up. I have a mixture of hardwood floors and carpet throughout my house and I love the fact that I can just switch it over to running it over my vinyl floors. It makes it so much easier to clean my house.

The only problem I have with it is the accessories all don't fit on the cleaner. I like having them all together and not have to hunt for it throughout the house. That part alone makes it a four star.

I have an older model of the Simplicity Vacuum cleaner, which I love. This vacuum cleaner comes in a close second. It is lighter and easier to move than my Simplicity and I still have to dump the dirt into the trash, This will come in handy especially in the winter time when my dog is shedding again.

8/19/14

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z11 PC Stereo Gaming Headset (TBS-2145-011)
Turtle Beach Ear Force Z11 PC Stereo Gaming Headset (TBS-2145-011)
Price: $34.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for the gamer in your life, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son is the one who uses this headset and he loves it. I have not tried it out yet but hope to eventually. He says it rocks.

He uses it for gaming purposes as well as listening to his cd player. I love the volume adjuster on the headset. It does tend to get a bit loud where I can hear it while sitting next to him. It comes across as static and I am not a fan of static. He loves it though. He says that it is clear and he loves listening to music while using this headset. He wears a bi-lateral cochlear implant and it works great for him.

I have no idea what the prices are for these types of headphones. For a tween, I normally wouldn't spend this much only to have it broken in a few months. He says it's so much sturdier than the last set of headsets that we bought at Staples. (Don't ask me what the brand was for that headset as I don't know.)

It is a great gift to give to the gamer in your life. And the price is right. (I think it is.)

8/19/14

The Agincourt Bride
The Agincourt Bride
by Joanna Hickson
Price: $11.68
110 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable Story, July 14, 2014
This review is from: The Agincourt Bride (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ever since I watched the movie "Henry V" twenty years ago, I have found myself being interested in that particular time period. When I saw that Vine was offering a book written about Katherine, the ancestress of the Tudor dynasty, I knew I had to pick this one.

This book is narrated by Mette, Katherine's wet-nurse and close friend. Katherine was raised in a convent until her mother's adviser deemed it necessary to bring her out to be wed to the conquering king from England. In the process of this novel, it took several years before Katherine was able to be wed to Henry and during this time, her life was fraught with conspiracies, danger and secrets. Mette stuck close to her the entire time.

The only problem I have with this book is that I have to wait another 8-9 months for its sequel. I am not one to wait for a sequel if I can help it. I want to know what happens ... now! So, all in all, this is a fun historical fiction novel to read. I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes historical fiction.

7/14/14

No River Too Wide (Goddesses Anonymous) (English Edition)
No River Too Wide (Goddesses Anonymous) (English Edition)
by Emilie Richards
Price: $11.68
48 used & new from $7.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Once Again Richards Reminds Me Why I Love Her Books ..., July 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always loved Emilie Richards' books, starting with her "Whiskey Island" and "Iron Lace" books. This is my second book in the Goddesses series.I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Richards covers domestic violence in this one in such a way that you cannot help but relate to Jan, the main character of this book. Jan has been married to Rex Stoddard, a pillar of the community and of his church for many years. When an opportunity presented itself, she manages to escape with the help of an underground movement called Moving On. Only hitch is, she wants to see her daughter, Harmony, before she moves on to living a new life with new identity in a new place to keep Rex from ever finding her.

Harmony struggles with raising her daughter as a single mother and struggles with understanding why her mother, Jan, stayed with her father for so long. Then there is Harmony's friend, Taylor, who is opening up a new store downtown Asheville and finding herself attracted to the new stranger in town who is teaching self defense classes.

There are all these stories tied in to make one big novel and while this might sound confusing, I can assure you, it's not. It is a great story to bury your nose into ... and these characters are unforgettable.

Like her earlier works, Richards know how to captivate an audience and keep them enchanted from the first page to the last.

7/14/14

InterDesign Horizontal Scarf Holder, Chrome
InterDesign Horizontal Scarf Holder, Chrome
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Addition to the Closet, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wish I had found this years ago when I started collecting scarves. It is very sturdy and holds up to at least 10 scarves and they don't get tangled up like they do on other scarf holders. This is a great addition to my closet. I just wish it was a little bit larger as I do have a lot of scarves (I like making my own). Some of my smaller scarves cannot stay on it for very long as it slides right off onto the floor.

I even like the price. $9.99 isn't a bad price and it is sturdy. I am surprised at how heavy this is because my hangers aren't that heavy but it has a nice feel to it.

I know there are other scarf holders out there that may hold more scarves or may be lighter, but this is a good product to have in your closet especially if you're on a tight budget.

Hot Headz Cool Downz Cool Down All Day , American Flag
Hot Headz Cool Downz Cool Down All Day , American Flag
Price: $7.99
6 used & new from $2.11

3.0 out of 5 stars This is Handy for Hot Days, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a lot thinner than what I am used to. My entire family likes using the bandanna sized cool down when we're hiking or outside on a hot day, working in the yard. This is a tiny little ribbon that I have taken to wear as a headband to cool me down. It doesn't have the marbles at both ends of the scarf so you can tie it easily.

I did soak it for fifteen minutes and wrap it around my hair to keep my head cool, and it did last for awhile.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the flag theme on my scarf as I prefer solid colors, but since it is a Vine item, I will not complain too much about it. My kids love it though and will use it often.

It works and it does help cool one down in the midst of summer heat.

Low-Odor Dry Erase Markers, Ultra-Fine Point, Assorted Colors, Set of 8
Low-Odor Dry Erase Markers, Ultra-Fine Point, Assorted Colors, Set of 8
Price: $11.95
3 used & new from $10.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Busy Schedules, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have other dry erase markers with fine point tips but they tend to be broad strokes and when you have five different events going on the same day, they're almost impossible to fit in the tiny squares on my calendar board. These ultra-fine point markers are a life saver. Now I can fit in five different events on my calendar without it looking all smudged.

They do erase neatly without leaving a mark like a lot of other dry erase markers. They do not have any odor, which can be quite nauseating sometimes. If there is an odor, I can't really smell them.

I love the colors, which is convenient in using different colors for different activities.

I wish I had found these a long time ago as they are quite nice. The price is a bit pricey as they are more expensive than other dry erase markers but for me, it is worth it.

Lisette's List: A Novel
Lisette's List: A Novel
by Susan Vreeland
Price: $19.89
45 used & new from $13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Tale of Art, Love and History, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Have you ever read a book that just makes you want to travel to that particular place? This book makes me want to travel to Paris and to the more rustic area of Provence. Ms. Vreeland's descriptions are just lyrical even with the description of the mistral, (the wind) that sometimes are just cruel and sometimes are just soft. The sheer beauty of Vreeland's writing will transport you to another time and another place.

Lisette moves to a rural village in the Provence region, having to give up a promising dream of being a gallery apprentice, to help her husband, Andre, to take care of his grandfather, Pascal. At first, unwilling to leave her glorious city of Paris, Lisette clings to the promise of returning home, only to find that war has entered France. Paris falls into German hands and Lisette sends her husband off to war along with his best friend, Maxime. Just before Andre left for war, he hides seven paintings that were Pascal's greatest legacy, leaving Lisette to hunt for them after the war was over.

This is a gorgeous tale of love, bravery, friendship that endures times of tribulations. This is not a fast read by any means as it is a book that should be savored. It is a tale of missing art, recovery and even a bit of romance thrown in. It is not the same as her previous books as it is a tale that has spanned over a period of years. Lisette's List is a list of goals and dreams Lisette writes to remind herself that there is more to life than living in a rural village. Later, that list saves her life after a tragedy by propelling her to continue to move forward and to claim joy in life again.

As with every book, Ms. Vreeland continues to write amazing tales that one cannot put down. Once again,she has renewed my love for art and the desire to read up on art history again has increased. She has that special talent of doing so.

7/2/14

Evening Stars (Blackberry Island)
Evening Stars (Blackberry Island)
by Susan Mallery
Price: $7.87
195 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Summer Read, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is a good read for summer ... light, fluffy and fun. When you're in the mood for something that is light, this book is the one for you. It is definitely a romance novel and it's the first I have read of Susan Mallery's books. I am familiar with her name but have never had the opportunity to read her books.

It is a quick read and delightful in some spots. I didn't know that it's the final book in a trilogy and it does stand on its own just fine. I enjoyed Nina and Averil's stories. Nina is more mom than her own mother, having given up her dreams to stay home to take care of her scatterbrained mother and to allow her younger sister to have her own dreams come true. Averil comes home because she's confused with what she wanted to do with her life, leaving her husband behind in California. Nina finds herself attracted to two men, one a young pilot and the other who broke her heart years before.

It is a summer read. It's quick. It's painless and it's a fun read. If you need to spend a few hours reading something, this isn't a bad choice.

6/25/14

That Summer: A Novel
That Summer: A Novel
by Lauren Willig
Price: $19.67
76 used & new from $10.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for This Summer, June 19, 2014
This review is from: That Summer: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love reading books that have two different characters, one in present time and one in the past. It makes reading a lot more fun and a bit unpredictable. It also has been a long time since I have read a book by Lauren Willig. I have forgotten how much detail she puts into her novels and this one is no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it especially about the description of the old house that has so many secrets. I love old houses. I love mysteries and this book has both. It is kind of a gothic novel with modern day romance thrown in.

Julia is unemployed and just got a letter saying that she inherited a house in England that belonged to her mother's aunt. Julia was young when her mother died and she barely remembers the house as she had grown up in New York City. She flies over to settle up the house for sale and discovers an artist has not only painted one painting but two. Not only is this artist relatively unknown to the modern world, he was also a part of the group that has been identified as pre-Raphaelite, only he never painted again.

Then there's Imogen, the lovely woman in the portrait with a story behind it. She was very young when she married her husband, and after a decade of marriage that has produced no children, Imogen was a lonely housewife with only her step-daughter to cheer her up. Living in the house with a husband who has neglected her and his first wife's sister, who runs the household, leaving Imogen with nothing to do until she meets an up and coming painter, named Gavin Thorne.

It sounds confusing to flip back and forth between the two stories and yes, they are tied together, but it isn't hard to keep track of the characters nor is it confusing to figure out what year the reader is in. It is a fun book to read. Ms. Willig does a wonderful job of tying the stories together, leading the reader through the mazes of time and dusty closets and old letters as well as creating characters that have their own personal memories and stories. It is not only a perfect read for the beach, it is also a great way to spend a rainy day, lounging and reading this book. I personally cannot think of a better way to while away a day ...

6/19/2014