Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for kcmurphy22 > Reviews

Browse

kcmurphy22's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kcmurphy22 RSS Feed

Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D Local-Dimming LED HDTV with Built-In Wi-Fi (Black) (2011 Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding TV, June 20, 2011
I waited 4 months for the TV just to make sure I wasnt going to miss something in my search for a new TV. I'm glad I waited. As a disclaimer I will say that the 3D aspect of the features were insignificant to me and my wife. I just wanted the best 2D picture I could find and right now I dont even own any 3d glasses, so it was a minor issue. I had looked at all the models and it was between the Samsung 8000 and LG W6500 and perhaps the Sony if it measured up (as it was late in releasing). Alot of things to like on all three models and I had looked at the LG and Samsung 20 times. Head on the Samsung has an outstanding picture. Even with slight angles the color saturation dropped as did the blacks etc. The LG kept them much better and with the Passive 3d and lower price I was pretty sure thats what I would be buying but opted to wait for Sony just so I wouldnt kick myself later.
I would have. Seen side by side, all three of them, there was simply no comaprison and even my wife who is very uninterested commented on how much nicer the over all picture was (all sets in the store were set on vivid with no other adjustments). With even steep angle viewing the Sony lost far less than the Samsung and even the LG. The full array makes a huge difference and from 30 ft away the Sony leapt out in clarity, depth with virtually no judder (shudder, blurring) or whatever they call it. Picture is phenominal. It is as clean and pretty shut off as a TV can be. The Gorilla glass is ver nice, you can just use a nice clean rag and glass cleaner and it comes out beautiful Also while opening a cd case two fell out of my hand and hit the front. Probably wouldnt have hurt anything else but not a mark.
CONS: Why I gave it 4 stars and not five. The directions stink and I just generally figured stuff out and the "internet" side of it is very slow (but thats why I have a Mac). The stand which is well designed and suitably robust still has a potential flaw and mine sags ever so slightly to the right but apparently Sony is sending someone out to see it which is impressive as I dont think they have alot out there. Lastly, it's expensive and it was hard to justify almost a thousand more in comparison to the LG but to me the picture warranted the difference. To others possibly not. Overall I am glad I waited. Compare them if possible side by side, close your eyes and sign the check it's probably worth it!
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 2:31 AM PST