Profile for Corey Perez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Corey Perez RSS Feed (Fairbanks (AK))

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What can be said about how great this is that hasn't already been said?, January 26, 2014
I'm a HUGE Calvin and Hobbes fan. HUGE (tattoo and everything). I'm currently stationed in Korea and watched the movie "Dear Mr. Watterson". I realized I needed to get my C&H fix re-going. For the cost of having my wife send me a book I just ordered the digital copy and using it on my kindle App.

LOVE ME SOME Calvin & Hobbes!

Such a profound impact on my life as a child and growing up. Always brings a smile to my face. I can't wait to get home and start sharing with my boys. So much more pure than the commercialized garbage out there.

Thanks Bill!

Batman Costume: Boy's Size 8-10
Batman Costume: Boy's Size 8-10
Offered by CostumeHub
Price: $18.84
20 used & new from $14.38

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING QUALITY!, January 26, 2014
We had a smaller size that has been through 3 boys Halloween's. Plus the additional wearing. Well, being the thrifty shopper I am, we typically buy the next year or two on clearance.

Our 5 year old has fallen in love with re-wearing a costume that is too small for him. The costume has become so thin and thread bear that it actually stretched to meet his size (3yo and is now a small 5). Keep in mind he wears this DAILY when he gets home from school. Sometimes nearly the entire weekend.

With all the washings, boy-activities in the house (we Live in North Pole AK, so we spend a LOT of time in doors). Sometimes we have super hero day and the boys all dress up and play in our indoor bouncy house and run around like mad-men.

Highly recommend the Rubies costumes. We have purchased a few to replace and anticipate new needs for the future.

Amazing! Thanks Rubies!!!

Deluxe Black Nylon Swat Belt
Deluxe Black Nylon Swat Belt
Offered by Daybreak Enterprises, Inc.
Price: $13.95
6 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this for a 5Y/O's Batman kick, January 26, 2014
Our 5 year old wears a batman costume nearly every day. LOVES it. Walking around North Pole or Fairbanks Alaska everybody loves seeing the kids in costume while out of season.

For Christmas I wanted to get him a new costume (out grew & ripping the old one), I figured he needed to accessorize. This was one of the major components.

Significantly too large for his little frame, but mom made it work. I don't know if I'd recommend it for any serious type of work, but for a costume, it is amazing.

Seirus Innovation Combo Clava
Seirus Innovation Combo Clava
Offered by CuffCrazy LLC
Price: $14.85
3 used & new from $14.85

5.0 out of 5 stars No other product compares!, January 26, 2014
I use these daily in the Harsh Alaskan environment. I even used them when riding Motorcycles in cooler regions. Now I'm in Alaska with 3 boys and all have these face masks as well. Aside the oldest one enjoying leaving them on the bus or at school someplace, they are amazing.

Nice tight fit around the eyes, perfect ability to exhale and inhale without the fabric bothering lips/nose. I truly cannot say enough. We purchase these usually about two to a child. If they lose one, they have a spare. If they lose yet another, they have to pay for it with their allowance. Needless to say we have purchased these one or two at a time.

Amazon prime to Alaska is amazing and so is this product.

(make sure you don't get the one with the thinner head wrap!)

Batman The Dark Knight Rises Zipline Blaster with Figure Playset
Batman The Dark Knight Rises Zipline Blaster with Figure Playset
Offered by LECTROM
Price: $25.99
15 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great! (Until older brother and friend started to fight over it and broke it), January 26, 2014
Got this for my son and it worked much better than the other reviews stated. I figured, even if it didn't work as great as I hoped, it would go well with his Batman craze right now.

It continued to work well after Christmas, even with heavy daily use. Up to the point two older boys broke the plunger "stick". Without replacement, it just became a plastic "gun", unable to shoot.

Held up well until that point. Suction cup worked decent as well.

Glidecam iGlide Handheld Stabilizer for 14 oz. Cameras -ORANGE
Glidecam iGlide Handheld Stabilizer for 14 oz. Cameras -ORANGE
Offered by The Gadgets Shop
Price: $134.00
2 used & new from $129.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh... Only ok. This idea is much better suited for the larger cameras, January 25, 2014
I'm currently using this with a Contour Roam +2, in the case with a removable mount. Its just under 14oz and I cannot get the iGlide to operate as the larger (more expensive) units do.

A significant point I'd like to make is the handle is significantly too close (for my man-sized) hands. A simple longer bolt with spacers may help, but It shouldn't have to be done if this was engineered properly.

I had limited success with adding camera hotshoe extenders to both legs to extend the weights out. I've also tried this with just the camera and no extended weights. I just am unable to get the unit to properly balance and work without the wobble or delay when turning.

What my belief is... the grease/oil used in the gimbal is just to viscous. If moves very fluid, but there is just too much drag to make the unit want to behave as the larger models (with heavier weights) work.

I'd be prepared to make some modifications to enable this to work "as expected". Minimally, removing the grease (bearing) and replacing with light weight oil.

Makita 110706-A 3/8 Inch Reduction Nozzle
Makita 110706-A 3/8 Inch Reduction Nozzle
Price: $10.00
2 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars WILL NOT FIT on: Porter Cable - PC1500HG, January 25, 2014
Let me open with I'm not blaming the product/MFG for the problem. They never said it would fit, but...

I couldn't find an answer to if this would fit on my recently ordered PC Heat Gun (PN above). It wouldn't. What I opted to do was cut a slit down the largest section in 4 places to give it the ability to open up and slide over. The fit was EXTREMELY tight, but I was able to make it work.

The unit was very hard to get off after the fact, but all in all I was able to make it meet my needs. If you are purchasing this, make sure you are able to modify it with a high-speed rotary tool (hacksaw would probably deform it).

Moderate smoke upon shutdown after the first use. I would believe from a coating provided by the maker.

Corey

Adobe CS6 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition [Download] [Old Version]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product! E A S Y to verify, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, January 23, 2014
I'll admit. I've purchased two student teacher editions (different software each time, years apart) and fought through the verification process. I HAD the links all ready to go to provide a nice step by step feedback / directions and I lost it.

In trying to recreate the process I stumbled upon a simple .pdf file in the ZIP folder that you download (the program from Amazon). Amazingly enough... All the directions are right there, black and white (and color where applicable).

Step 1:
Be eligible

Step 2:
Purchase (copy the product code Amazon provides)

Step 3:
Download (Go ahead and leap to step 5, return to step 4)

Step 4:
Install software

Step 5:
Verify at: adobe dot com/go/edu-validate
- Requires a .edu email address (Most simple manner, the serial number is then emailed to you within 2-3 minutes)
- Other forms of verification which I believe they contact the school to ensure you are enrolled (K-12, Etc)
- This process takes about 10 minutes to create an Adobe account, fill out the school and your degree/education information)

Step 6:
When prompted enter the serial number provided from the .edu email address.

Step 7:
Enjoy!

(Step 8:) Don't get upset and vent at Amazon because the simple directions are too complicated. (they even give PICTURES to follow in the .pdf titled: "IMPORTANT - How to validate and activate your product"

I chose this "unsupported" version of the software because I'm "DISGUSTED" with the abuse software companies are moving towards with "subscription based" services. I opted to pay the $550 up front and will have the software for life, where as the subscription based options would far exceed this cost within short amount of time. (ie: Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, etc). Companies wonder why people steal their software...

Use tutorials on Youtube to see how to fully use this software. No reason to go and buy a "book for dummies". A video is quick and easy to follow, you can rewind, pause, etc.

Amazing product, easy verification and a happy buyer!

Sony ICDP620 Digital Voice Recorder PC Compatible via USB
Sony ICDP620 Digital Voice Recorder PC Compatible via USB
17 used & new from $56.95

4.0 out of 5 stars GET ON THE BALL SONY!!! (No 64bit support!?!?!?!?!), October 17, 2013
I've had this voice recorder for over 5 years. I've used it extensively in flight school while flying helicopters. This device has been used for a couple different uses. Lectures, Flight Recording and transcription for my own records. Heck, it even saved our bacon once after a flight when another pilot claimed something happened that hadn't. This was because he knew it would be his word against ours (Oh, but we had my voice recorder catching ALL the radio traffic...)

Keep in mind Helicopters are a high vibration, dirty, noisy environment. If this device can handle years of that abuse then I'm sure it will do perfectly fine in a typical environment.

Now for my configuration:

Lectures, I just started recording and pointed it at the instructor. It didn't have a "mark" (as in time spot) for high-interest points, but on my notes I would put the folder/file I was currently recording. When the instructor would give a specific point, I'd look down and annotate the time on the recorder next to the notes/manual we were using. Worked perfectly for me.

Aircraft: I have a special connector that was made by CEPUSA*c o m (They tailor to military, LE type clients and I'm a Military Helicopter Pilot). This device plugs inline into our in-ear audio devices. This allows me to record all the ICS (Intercom System) and our 5 Radios contained in our Aircraft. Anything I can hear via the ICS/Audio system, gets recorded. The highlight of this system is: Our aircraft is SIGNIFICANTLY louder than what this would typically record. I used the line-in (microphone) on the recorder to capture the audio and the Voice Operated Recording. This cuts down on the length of recording and makes playback much easier. Perfect system!

Previously I had removed these files transferred onto my computer via included software. Recently I upgraded to a windows 7 laptop (64bit mind you) and spent over 4 hours trying to figure out why my PC wouldn't recognize my USB device. The software specifically states its Windows 7 compatible. Towards the end I found a table that specifies that Windows 7 (32bit) is supported, the 64bit versions are NOT compatible.

With this I'm now transferring as many of my files as I can (via their silly "Solution" which is a 1-1 transfer rate). I now need to plug my headphone jack (line out) into the microphone jack (line in) on my laptop. Turn on the recording device on Windows and push record(on PC) and play (Voice recorder) and wait for the entire audio file to "Play" while the PC is "Recording". HUGE time waste. There seriously has to be a better way. Outside of purchasing another PC to transfer these files. Sony, on this solution you have completely failed everybody who has purchased these devices.

Now I'm waiting for a new recording device to arrive. Yes this new one is also a Sony. After comparing the other options, Sony still is superior (In my eyes). My new one is only Windows 7 compatible (64bit) and is currently NOT Windows 8 compatible, BUT does have the Voice operated recording, external SD card capability (Also records to MP3 so theoretically I SHOULD be able to just pull the card and put into my PC and have my files... I hope. My current choice is: Sony ICD-AX412 Digital Flash Memory Voice Recorder. Another reason I chose this was the price (Not over $100, which I already have a perfectly good device, I just can't get the files off it!). Time will tell if quality has dropped over the years, but currently I have a device I love to use, but can't source the files quickly enough, and this new one will hopefully meet those needs.

Thanks for listening, hopefully SONY is going to rectify this...

Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike
Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike
Price: $45.37
6 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Size is just fine!, September 19, 2013
I've seen a bunch of reviews that state the bike is too small. Our 3 year old is the nearly the size of our 5 year old and he had no problems riding this (Both are boys). The bike is very durable and even the 7 year old son didn't break it when riding it.

I rated this as very educational. Only because we have had numerous balance bikes and purchased this one for a summer trip to see family in Michigan (We live in Alaska and didn't bring a bike with us). We have noticed that our two other boys having grown up on Balance bikes have made an immediate (and painless) transition into self-propelled 2wheelers.

These bikes are highly recommended. I don't see how there would really be an issue especially when we have a full size 7 year old who enjoys riding these as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13