Profile for M > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M "Powerpuff" RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
13 used & new from $39.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Mouse but known issues with side scroll in win7 on Office Apps, January 15, 2014
Bought mouse specifially for work on excel to side-scroll. It used to work with Setpoint but I got a new work machine and when downloading latest Logitech Gaming Software the side scroll does not work on Office applications or windows explorer anymore. It works on notepad and chrome browser though.

Aside from that mouse is pretty durable had it for two years working 40 hour weeks and the hyperwheel and buttons still good. Also like the ballast so when you lift the mouse it or toss it side to side it moves the way you want it.

RAVPower Element 5600mAh External Battery Pack Portable Charger Power Bank for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPad Air, 4, 3, 2, Mini 2 (Apple adapters not included); Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 3, Note 2; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA, Motorola ATRIX, Droid, Moto X, Google Glass, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG Optimus, PS Vita, GoPro and More

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery is alright, charger is a hazard, July 21, 2013
I've been using the battery for a few weeks and it charges alright. The main focus on the review is the wall socket charger. First time plugging it in went to sleep then heard a pop and flash of light. Burning smell enveloped the room and I touched the ac adapter and it was toasty hot. Do yourself a favor and just use a cell phone charger. If someone is willing to I bet there can be a class-action lawsuit on this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 4:14 AM PDT

Dramm 12380 Heavy-Duty Brass Adjustable Hose Nozzle
Dramm 12380 Heavy-Duty Brass Adjustable Hose Nozzle
Price: $11.93
8 used & new from $11.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but needs lead disclaimers online, June 29, 2013
Nozzle operation is very smooth. I commend Dramm for disclosing on the packaging the lead content of the brass, but Amazon/Dramm needs to disclose this on the webpage. Sad Panda :(

Rada Cutlery W234 Cook's Knife with Stainless Steel Resin Handle
Rada Cutlery W234 Cook's Knife with Stainless Steel Resin Handle
Price: $9.68
4 used & new from $4.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp Knife, Great for the Price, but could use a tweak, November 20, 2012
I've only tried the knife once during dinner prep; I tried cutting garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms and the knife slices with ease. I've compared this knife to my super sharp $7 chinese cook knife (which has ~15/15 degree cutting angle) and the Kyocera ceramic utility knife... the Rada is as sharp as the asian knife which is a good thing.

So the slicing aspect is great, but the way the knife is held feels slightly awkward. I tend to pinch the blade in front of the handle with my index fingertip slightly wrapping around the bottom curve of the blade (the bottom curve I'm referring to is the curve that joins the handle to the rear end of the blade). The edge of that curve is kind of sharp/rough such that I feel like my finger is getting abrasively rubbed on. The feeling is almost like tightly wrapping regular dental floss around your finger. Maybe over time my finger will smooth over that edge.

My finger would appreciate a better surface to grab onto. Either Rada can try to polish that edge a bit to reduce abrasiveness, or better they should extend the handle forward more at a canted angle (for example, if you look up the Victorinox 8" chef knife it has that canted angle to the handle: http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-8-Inch-Fibrox-Straight/dp/B008M5U1C2 ).

Hopefully Rada reads me review. I like the knife; being made in the US is a definite plus. I'd be willing to more $ if they would improve the handling.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure what this knife's use is for, January 29, 2012
So first the peeler is awesome. Since the blade pushes against the skin of a potato or carrot, you'd want a razor kind of edge and the ceramic material is well adapted for that.

As for the utility knife, it's a tad small for cutting tomatoes and vegetables in general. That kind of ruins the term "utility". It's a decent size for paring fruits, but since the blade is touted as brittle I don't have the confidence to twist the knife to core an apple, for example.

I guess the flaw in the design is that the edge is polished so smooth and perfectly that it just doesn't bite into the material you're cutting. This makes the knife good for chopping as opposed to slicing. But again since the material is ceramic it's not design for push-chopping.
The knife needs to have a rougher grit (micro serrations) to break the surface when slicing. Once that happens then this blade would be a beauty. After reading other reviews it sounds like time will introduce micro chipping. My guess is that my knife will get better over time.

Smith's TRI-6 Arkansas TRI-HONE Sharpening Stones System
Smith's TRI-6 Arkansas TRI-HONE Sharpening Stones System
Price: $24.99
76 used & new from $19.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Structured Consistent Sharpening, January 29, 2012
I've had this sharpener for over a year and used this on many knives and they come out sharp. I primarily use it to keep my cooking knives, but I was able to put in a new angle on one of my knives and it worked just fine. I've also sharpened the smallest Swiss Army knives (Victorinox Classic) bought on eebay and it comes out as sharp as a new one except for the tip. That's my bad technique I suppose. They give you a 23 degree template so you can practice keeping your knife at that angle.

Overall a good system and is still going strong. I use only water on the stones by the way.

Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Offered by GRAB-A-DEAL
Price: $29.49
65 used & new from $19.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Assembly, works fine, September 18, 2011
Took a few minutes to setup. It's convenient having the bar in the closet- grab a few pullups before the start of the day.

Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano
Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano
Offered by Woodwind and Brasswind
Price: $999.99
4 used & new from $988.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expections, August 20, 2011
I got the cp33 primarly because I have no space for an acoustic and I might move out of the apartment when the lease ends. In college I had tried a Yamaha Clavinova and I thought it was pretty neat that it didn't take too much space. I decided not to buy the Clavinova since it seems quite heavy to move and is a bit pricey. I did some research and figured the cp33 with its "finely" tuned action would replicate the most of an acoustic piano. I had played for a few years on a Boston (Japanese Steinway & Sons) and a Baldwin and the action of the keys is quite similar in lightness. I noticed a few differences, which include that there is no give at the bottom of the key such that your fingers feel compressed a little more. The CP33 also picks up the faintest of pressure whereas an acoustic piano would not.

For sound quality the CP33's "grand piano 1" setting sounds very crisp. It does sound like a Yamaha grand piano and has that metallic sound to it. The Boston and Baldwin and I'd imagine most other Western acoustic pianos have that more mellow woody sound to it. I guess you could say the grand piano 1 sound is the sounds you hear of pianos in the movies these days.

The cool thing about the CP33 is that there is an alternate grand piano sound that tries to mimic the more classical type of acoustic piano. It mimics the classical piano fairly well but it does sound a bit muffled, and sounds like a ~Steinway with the lids closed.

One annoying sound I've gotten from the CP33 though is when I hit two adjacent keys around the first octave of the treble clef. I can hear a significant beat frequency when two notes (e.g. G and Gb) are played together. An acoustic piano has that sound but not as loud as the CP33.

Overall I like the keyboard, it doesn't take much getting used to and it comes with a damper pedal. There are numerous options that I probably won't use, but the ones that are cool for me are the reverb effects to mimic playing in a concert hall as well as adjusting the sensitivity of the keys. There's also a metronome that is ridiculously loud, however...dunno how to quiet that one down.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2012 10:30 AM PST

Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum, M085590RED
Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum, M085590RED
Price: $49.99
31 used & new from $39.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Loud, June 1, 2011
It's very loud, so I suppose that means it's working hard for you :) Other than that it's a simple vacuum with a headlight and attachments. One gripe is the power button you have to push with your foot and it's somewhat hard to press when you have socks on.

PNY Professional 16 GB Class 10 Hi-Speed SDHC 20MB/s 133x Flash Memory Card P-SDHC16G10-EF
Offered by Bingo Deal
Price: $20.00
14 used & new from $10.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, Class 10 but not 20MB/s, February 1, 2011
Tried the formatted card in my Canon T1i/500d. It took about 14 seconds to refill the buffer of 9 RAW photos (each was 16.3 MB). This leads to about 11MB/sec write speed. I've read that my camera's internal circuitry is capable of at least 17 MB/sec. I also tried writing a file to it using my SD reader on my computer and I get 11.5 maximum sustained write speed. For the price and 16GB capacity the card is good but PNY advertised this sucker as 20MB/sec sequential write speed. Read speed I get 16 MB/sec.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2011 2:59 PM PST