Profile for K > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Chicken: Self-Portrait of a Young Man for Rent
Chicken: Self-Portrait of a Young Man for Rent
by David Henry Sterry
43 used & new from $0.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, December 16, 2013
Easily one of the best books I've read in a long time. David Henry Sterry is a gifted writer. I highly recommend it!

Twisted Women's Leah Oxford Wingtip Taupe/Yellow
Twisted Women's Leah Oxford Wingtip Taupe/Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit large..., December 16, 2013
The shoes are just as cute in person as shown in the photo. They run approximately a half size large and they do not have treads on the bottom at all.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, December 16, 2013
The shoes are exactly as shown but do run a tiny bit small. I'd recommend sizing up one half size for the most comfortable fit.

Damned
Damned
by Chuck Palahniuk
Price: $18.82
98 used & new from $1.35

5.0 out of 5 stars it's Damned good!, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Damned (Hardcover)
Damned is narrated by thirteen year old Madison Spencer, the daughter of a film star and billionaire, who dies (of what she suspects is an overdose on marijuana) and is sent to Hell, a place where the currency is candy and the landscape might possibly leave you feeling ill. Think Valley of Used Disposable Diapers and Hot Saliva Lake. Madison shares her adventures in Hell with her new pals - a cheerleader, a jock, a nerd and punk rocker.

This is Palahniuk's sickest novel yet. While possibly not as intense as his short story "Guts" that was in Haunted, it definitely has it's R-rated moments and incredibly descriptive, yet potentially offensive details - which I might add is possibly what I love the most about his writing.

Damned is a quick read and it's a damned good book. (pun intended) I tore through the book, every page ended with me saying "okay, just one more page." which was never the case. I'm actually considering re-reading it already - I thought it was that good!

One last thing before I wrap this review up - I just want to address Palahniuk fans who maybe weren't too impressed with his most recent works I don't know who you're trying to kid - Pygmy was amazing!) - Please give this book a chance! It's nothing short of amazing. You will not be disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2011 12:05 AM PDT

Oriongadgets Car Charger for Apple iPhone 4 (White)
Oriongadgets Car Charger for Apple iPhone 4 (White)
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $1.76
26 used & new from $0.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, October 5, 2011
You cannot beat this price. I've had mine for over a year and it's still going strong. I've very satisfied!

Lomography Diana F+ Instant Back(Black)
Lomography Diana F+ Instant Back(Black)
Price: $73.95
6 used & new from $73.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 5, 2011
I love my instant back. It's not perfect but that's exactly what I wanted. If you want perfect instant photos, buy an instax mini. The instant back definitely takes some practice to get it right but when you do it's so worth it.
I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in experimenting.

International Supplies Mini Zippered Camera Case for the FUJIFILM INSTAX Mini-7s, Mini-8, Mini-25, Mini 50s, Mini 90 Neo Classic, and Polaroid 300 (Black)
Price: $8.22
7 used & new from $7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case!, October 5, 2011
I bought this case for my instax mini 7s and couldn't be happier. It sturdy and keeps my camera safe from scratches and bumps.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars not so impressed!, October 5, 2011
I love Essie polish but this one just doesn't live up to expectations. It doesn't have very good coverage and needs at least three coats to look like the color in the bottle.

Visual Marketing: 99 Proven Ways for Small Businesses to Market with Images and Design
by David Langton
Price: $21.87
57 used & new from $13.31

4.0 out of 5 stars great book!, October 5, 2011
The book covered a wide range of businesses and products most of which won't be even closely related to yours or mine but you'll be able to take these tips and apply them to your business no sweat!

The book is very well organized, each example includes "why it works", "success metrics" and a "takeaway tip". The takeaway tip, to me, was by far the most insightful. It's basically a summary of what each example was about, I used it to get an idea of what I might be reading about in each example before starting.

One drawback I did find was that all the examples are in black and white, which kind of seems kind of silly. It's not very visually appealing at all. But since the examples really packed a punch I was able to look past that.

All in all, it's a great book that definitely left me inspired.

Womens Skeleton Pantyhose(One Size-As Shown)
Womens Skeleton Pantyhose(One Size-As Shown)
Offered by Your Party Delivered
Price: $5.41
9 used & new from $2.43

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but too short!, September 23, 2011
These are absolutely adorable but way too short. I'm 5'7" and these do make it all the way up to my crotch. The knees sit on my knees but the thigh bones are just not long enough!
But, one plus side is that the back has bones too! Very cute.

Page: 1 | 2