Profile for Benbogali > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Benbogali "benbogali" RSS Feed (Thiensville, WI United States)

Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
9 used & new from $110.95

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this coffee maker!, December 7, 2011
We are a household of die-hard coffee drinkers. As an early holiday present to ourselves, we bought this machine on Black Friday and started using it right away. It's a very attractive appliance that looks good on the kitchen counter, or anywhere in the house or office, for that matter. When the unit is powered on, blue LED lights light up the water reservoir, which is pretty cool (sort of like underwater lights lighting up a swimming pool at night), so you can see in the dark how much water is in it, and they thoughtfully blink when the water level is low. Oh, and the coffee is GREAT! If you drink coffee from a mug, like we do, as opposed to a standard size coffee cup, you'll probably need to set the cup size on the machine to its highest setting, and unfortunately the highest setting doesn't quite fill a travel mug all the way to the top, but this is a minor quibble. We like this coffee maker mostly because we can brew a fresh cup anytime without a whole lot of fuss and without all the wait, either with a K-cup or regular store-bought ground coffee or home-ground. This won't replace our conventional multi-cup coffee maker, which we'll still use when company comes, but we find it to be a very convenient Monday through Friday morning ritual. One negative experience, though - I bought the charcoal filter system that goes in the reservoir, but no matter how much I tried, it wouldn't install correctly, and there were no written instructions in the box. I used a bit too much force to make it "click" in, and the thing broke. Maybe that was just me, but I ended up returning the filter, and instead I bought a Brita water filter-pitcher, and that's how we keep our Keurig filled with filtered water. I highly recommend this unit.

Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Brushed Metal
Price: $69.99
83 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Make great coffee!, December 22, 2010
I had to find a new coffeemaker when our combo expresso/coffeemaker quit on us after just three weeks of having it. I decided to just get a simple coffeemaker instead, without the expresso/capucinno features. (I would get a stand-alone milk frother to make capucinnos.) After reading the reviews on Amazon, I decided on this Cuisinart 12-cup Brew Central. I'm glad I did. I like the look of it, it doesn't take up much counter space, and best of all, it makes great coffee! I've had this coffeemaker about a week and a half now and I can't really say anything I don't like about it, other than, perhaps, somethimes the lid on the top of the coffeemaker doesn't quite close all the way, but this is a minor annoyance which doesn't affect the functionality of the unit. I highly recommend this product. It's the best coffeemaker for under $80 that I've had in a long time. If you don't need a fancy coffeemaker with all the bells and whisles, but one that just makes great coffee, then the Cuisinart Brew Central should fill the bill for you.

DeLonghi BCO120T Combination Coffee/Espresso Machine
DeLonghi BCO120T Combination Coffee/Espresso Machine
5 used & new from $35.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many problems - avoid this item., December 22, 2010
I have to agree with the other reviewers for this product. This is not a good expresso/coffeemaker. Don't even consider getting it. The coffeemaker side quit working just three weeks after I bought it. We've had other problems with this unit which the other reviewers have pointed out. The frother is useless. It doesn't froth well, and the way it's constructed, you can't get a tall or even medium size pitcher of milk to froth effectively. Our unit leaked water as well. After it quit, I returned it and got a refund. I would rate it zero stars if I could.

Sonic Heroes - Gamecube
Sonic Heroes - Gamecube
Offered by Legendary Games
Price: $75.99
74 used & new from $7.90

1.0 out of 5 stars The best game ever!, January 12, 2004
Any one who is a fan of sonic advencer 2 will love this game. The music is cool and the new speshel stages will make you look at other hand hed sonic games and see how easy it is get the chaos emerids! You have got to get this game! this is a must!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2007 11:01 AM PDT

Stan Freberg Presents The United States Of America, Vol. 1, The Early Years, And Vol. 2, The Middle Years
25 used & new from $72.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for Vol. 1, two and a half stars for Vol. 2, October 8, 2003
I remember listening to Volume 1 as a child, remembering fondly those great one-liners that could only come from the mind of Stan Freberg. So when I heard that "Stan Freberg's the United States of America, the Early Years" was on CD, together with the recently recorded "Volume 2: The Middle Years", I jumped at buying it.
The good news is that Volume 1 is just as funny and fresh as it was when it was first released on vinyl some 40 years ago. The not-so-good news is that Volume 2, on the second CD, creatively and comedically falls far short of Volume 1. The Madison, Jefferson, Franklin and Osbourne ad agency and Frances Scott Key bits are pretty good, but the material loses steam after that. In fact, much of the second CD is tedious to listen to, especially the part with Lincoln and the psychologist. Volume 2 lacks the punch and wit of Volume 1.
Were it not for Volume 1, I would have been generally disappointed with this CD set.

The Twelve Chairs [VHS]
The Twelve Chairs [VHS]
VHS
Offered by martha59
Price: $2.98
54 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Mel Brooks comedy definitely worth your time!, September 3, 2003
This review is from: The Twelve Chairs [VHS] (VHS Tape)
The Twelve Chairs doesn't have as many belly-laughs as The Producers, but it is witty and quite entertaining, and is a worthy runner-up to that earlier classic. Like his later film To Be or Not to Be, Brooks mutes the comedy a bit and reveals an emotional side to the story. It's a welcome change of pace from films Brooks made in between these two which relied a lot on slapstick and sexual humor. In fact, it's okay for kids to watch, as there is no swearing, nudity, violence or sexual situations (which shows you what a filmmaker can do without going for the cheap laughs). All of the actors are wonderful, especially Dom Deluise, who is flat-out funny as the priest gone crazy with greed. Brooks' part in the picture, though not much more than a cameo, is among his best comedic acting roles, in my opinion.

Gods and Generals
Gods and Generals
DVD ~ Jeff Daniels
Price: $4.89
317 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make movies like this anymore!, June 6, 2003
This review is from: Gods and Generals (DVD)
...The fact is that "Gods and Generals", which covers the first two years of the war and is the prequel to "Gettysburg", is a great movie. It is painstakingly accurate, wonderfully filmed and scripted, and the acting was suburb. Stephen Lang deserves an Oscar for his brilliant portrayal of Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson. Robert Duvall is also excellent as Gen. Robert E. Lee. Jeff Daniels, who played Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain in "Gettysburg", reprises his role in G&G, as do other actors from "Gettysburg".
If you're expecting something like "Saving Private Ryan", you'll be disappointed. It's not that kind of a movie. "Gods and Generals" is part documentary, part drama, with the right mix of both to make it both highly entertaining and historically intriguing. As you listen to the characters, you almost believe that they're from the period and places in which the story is set.
What stuck in the craw of the critics is that this movie didn't present the Confederates as fire-breathing, racist, slavery-defending apes, and the Federals as saintly freedom-fighters. It would be simplistic and wrong to characterize the war as a struggle between good and evil. The vast majority of the Confederate soldiers didn't own slaves and didn't fight for the right to keep slaves. A lot of the Union soldiers, probably most, weren't fighting to free the slaves. There were flawed men on both sides of the war, as well as deeply moral men.
You can debate all you want about how much slavery was an issue in the Civil War, but as to this movie, all points of view were well represented through the characters: Lt. Col. Chamberlain of the 20th Maine, a professor-turned-soldier who was sympathetic to the plight of the black slaves; Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, commander of the Army of Northern Virginia, a man of outstanding military service in the Federal army prior to the Civil War and a most beloved commander, who chose to defend his home state of Virginia against what he saw as an unlawful invasion by the North; Gen. Stonewall Jackson, a fearless and deeply religious man, devoted husband and a brilliant military tactician who loved the Union, but was fiercely loyal to Virginia; Martha, the house slave, who bravely turns away looting Union soldiers from her masters' home during the seige in Fredericksburg, but later takes in the Union's wounded, and who yearns to be free; Jim Lewis, Gen. Jackson's black cook, who prays that one day all of this family will be free. Unforgettable characters, all of them.
If you are uncomfortable with religious overtones and poetic dialogue (sorry, but that's how people were back the), don't buy this DVD. If you don't care at all about American history, skip this one. If you can't watch any historical movie without the filter of 21st century values or political correctness, this movie isn't for you. If you have a short attention span, forget it. This movie clocks in at about 3:37.
If you are interested in the Civil War, or just curious and want to learn about it, if you're tired of all the [stuff] coming out of Hollywood these days, and you're willing to let a movie make you think for a change, if you can put your 21st century frame of mind on hold, I think you'll enjoy this DVD. No matter what the critics are saying, "Gods and Generals" will stand the test of time.
Comment Comments (37) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2014 7:59 AM PDT