Profile for Ronald L. Simpson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ronald L. Simpson "Bear" RSS Feed (Saint Louis, MO, USA)

Gerber 22-01629 LMF II Black Infantry Knife with 4.8-Inch Blade
Gerber 22-01629 LMF II Black Infantry Knife with 4.8-Inch Blade
Price: $64.15
104 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Survival Knife, August 23, 2007
I am a wannabe of the characters on satelite/cable shows like "Man vs. Wild" and "Survivorman," and I am one of those typical weekend camper/hikers.

With that in mind, I wanted to invest in a fixed-blade knife (i.e., a survival knife) that would be rugged and durable in most outdoor settings and circumstances, be a good value, be of high quality, and last a lifetime. I did a fair amount of research using this criteria to compare and contrast other knives with the Gerber LMF II; and, in my opinion, this knife exceeds all reasonable expectations. I also am very much pleased with the Molle-attachable sheath; it can be lashed around the lower leg, thigh, or waist.

A possible downside to the knife is its weight and length. Yet I would be hard pressed to imagine it being able to cut firewood from trees and branches or serve as a spear point or dirve a nail if it were not the size and weight it presently comes in. See the product description for more detailed information on the size and weight.

All in all I am very much pleased with the versatility of the knife and would highly recommend anyone seriously consider having a look-see at it.