Profile for True Knowledge > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

True Knowledge "Amen Kosmos" RSS Feed (USA)

LUVVITT® CLEARVIEW Hybrid Slim Case / Back Cover with Bumper for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LIFETIME WARRANTY | Retail Packaging) - Crystal Clear
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $11.70

4.0 out of 5 stars better than I anticipated, November 26, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised when I put this case on my phone. I thought that It would be inadequate to some degree due to it's relatively low price. However, it is awesome. the s pen fits and removes neatly with the case on. i haven't used it very long due to a case i preordered finally arriving. It was supposed to come with a screen protector but mine didn't. There are better looking cases out there but if you want people to know that you have a note 3 than this is the case for you as the transparency of the case doesn't obstruct the name or the carrier of the phone.
overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase of this item.

SPIGEN SGP Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Glass GLAS.t - Screen Protectors - Retail Packaging - GLAS.t SLIM
Offered by Spigen Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protector I've ever had, November 26, 2013
Item was easy to install. I feel that it will protect the phone's screen as it is intended to do. It does have a small bubble in the protector despite the claim that the bubble will disappear in a day or two - it's been a month so far and the small bubble is still there. I've had other screen protectors and all left bubbles. I can live with the small bubble as it's not really a nuisance if you take into account that this is an excellent protector. I won't go back to plastic after having this product on my phone. The screen still looks amazing even with this cover on it and it hasn't dulled yet after a month of heavy swipes and touches.

It fits perfectly in my spigen phone case for the galaxy note 3. it is still attached to the phone despite taking the phone out of it's case several times. I like it and I would buy again if necessary, but I hope this holds up for the life of the phone.

would have given it five stars but because of that bubble, I give it 4. but nothings perfect.

Samsung UN55ES7500 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Black) (2012 Model)
Samsung UN55ES7500 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Black) (2012 Model)
4 used & new from $899.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome TV with an array of technological features!, December 10, 2012
I was skeptical about purchasing this TV because of the few negative ratings, most of which center around the voice and gesture controls. Often, I will let a few negative reviews sway my decision over a majority of positive reviews. Although each individuals experience may differ. With that stated, I decided to pull the trigger on this samsung un55es7500.

Shipping was quick - but that is expected as I'm a prime member. The TV is light, with respect to weight and it is very thin. It didn't take long at all to set up and the process was very user friendly. The only problems I had during initial set up was with the voice control test and the universal remote set up (more on these later). Installing the stand on this unit was "idiot proof" and could be done without reading the instructions but following the illustrations.

I had the TV up and running in about 30-35 minutes including set up but that included the seemingly impossible to complete voice control test. I purchased this tv for my wife so I had her do the voice test; however, neither of us could complete the test as the TV was unable to register either of our voices. As such, we skipped that part to return to it later. Well, as it turns out, we didn't need to complete that part because the TV responds to both of our voices. It is so cool to say to your tv; "hi tv, power on - and the antithesis, "goodbye tv, power off", and have the unit power on and off respectively. The gesture control camera worked fine for my wife as well. I haven't tried it myself though.

I also like the smart remote and its "universal" functionality. It was a little tricky to set up after pairing with the TV, but once I set it up, the true awesomeness of this TV and smart remote were on full display. It does take some time to get use to though, but I suspect that one could reach 80% acclimation with this remote in a day or so. The GUI that appears on the screen when using this remote is crazy (slang for good).

The picture quality is very good on this set, but that's to be expected. I have a sony bravia with xreality feature that may be slightly better or slightly inferior depending on the observer. There is one thing I don't like about the TV and that is, on the right side of the tv screen there appears to be a four circular spots that form a square on that can be seen in a high light setting such as when the sun is shinning on it however, reducing the sunlight removes this issue.

If you're considering this tv you should go for it. I gave it five stars for the pros and removed a star for the cons which are as followed:
Pros: good picture quality (haven't watched 3d as of this review)
Built in wireless which connected with ease to my network without wires or an adapter.
Smart functions which are awesome and the GUI is phenomenal. the wall paper is even changeable and may even be customizable .
The smart remote and its universal capabilities are neat also.
There are a few other pros to this TV but I won't list them all.
Cons:The rainbow spots that appear in direct sunlight
The voice control test
and another con that I didn't mention above, amazon offered a $200 gift card with the purchase of this tv; however, it made getting the gift card very difficult. In fact, I lost out on the gift card because I didn't know that I was supposed to add the gift card to the card then put in a promo code. I saw the promo code for the gift card and I used it at check out at which time my cart reflected a $200 discount. However as it were, the discount didn't apply. I called amazon about this and a representative told me "my hands are tied, we don't/can't applied discounts retroactively." Had the discount not been reflected in my cart, I wouldn't have purchased the TV until I was certain as to how to acquire the $200 gift card.

Sony STRDN1030 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Built-in Wi-fi & Bluetooth)
Sony STRDN1030 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Built-in Wi-fi & Bluetooth)
6 used & new from $307.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality receiver, December 4, 2012
I'm a member of amazon prime, so as many-an-amazon shopper knows, the delivery was quick - mean like literally HOURS. I ordered it around 5pm and it came around 2pm the next day. It was easy to set up for me as I'm no audiophile or home theater enthusiast. All I want is to connect the HDMI cords to my ps3, 360, and other video sources. I must state that the best feature of this sony strdn1030 IMO is the bluetooth feature. it is incredible and easy to pair. people were amazed that I could stream music from my galaxy s3 through the receiver's speakers. I was also surprised that there are HDMI labels on the back of the receiver that correspond to the remote so there is no guessing on which source is which. The GUI isn't good, but it ain't bad either. it's understandable which is all it needs to be for me. It does get annoying with the length of time it takes for a source to display when cycling through the sources, but hey, it has bluetooth, so I can look past that problem.

I think this is a good receiver, especially with all the features.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 12:12 PM PST

Walker Edison 60-Inch 4-in-1 TV Stand with Removable Mount, Cherry/Black
Walker Edison 60-Inch 4-in-1 TV Stand with Removable Mount, Cherry/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to assemble and very sturdy, December 4, 2012
At first glance from photos of this product from other reviewers, I was hesitant to purchase, simply because It looked cheap and "70s-ish." However, I gave it a shot because of the weight it is rated to support; up to 250lbs. Needless to say, but I'll state it anyway, this walker edison stand is all that and then some. It was easy to assemble, the instructions were quality, and it looks more expensive than it is.

With the above pros stated, there are a few cons I must mention. The swivel doesn't swivel far enough in either direction to add components to the tv; ergo, keep that in mind if you plan to place it flush with the wall. Also, the glass on the tempered glass tables are fingerprint magnets and media devices, i.e., bluray players, A/V receivers etc. are difficult to slide along the glass, and since the shelves are not adjustable - at least that I'm aware of - the height of the receiver clears the middle shelf by literally cm.

Overall, I think this is a great product.

The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality
The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality
by Cheikh Anta Diop
Price: $11.30
98 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Altering Knowledge, February 25, 2010
When I initially purchased this book, I owned it for a few months before I started reading it. Once I began reading it, I could not stop. Critics may dismiss this book as anecdotal Afrocentrism, but the question begs to be asked, why hasn't The Great Cheikh, Anta Diop been proven wrong, even to this day. This book is a must own and read for every person who seeks the truth about unbiased African History as told by an African.

Up from Slavery (Signet Classics)
Up from Slavery (Signet Classics)
by Booker T. Washington
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
76 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Human Being, November 22, 2007
This book is one in a vast library of African American literary history that I posses. It is academically written, yet very easy to read. The contents of this text continue to inspire my will to be a great humanitarian, world citizen, and advocate for African education, science, medicine, and unity

Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Third Edition (Academic Press Advanced Finance)
by Donald M. DePamphilis
30 used & new from $1.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Readability, November 22, 2007
This book is very readable unlike many higher education academic texts that can be quite boreing. The accompanied CD learning guide is average and could be structured better; however, overall, the text is up to a quality standard.