Profile for Adam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $42.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 9, 2013
Wow! After some research on Amazon, I decided on the AmazonBasics shredder. I had bought AmazonBasics cords before (HDMI and the like) and was sufficiently impressed with the quality of such an inexpensive product so I decided to go ahead and try the shredder as well.

The shredder itself was smaller than I expected. Albeit, I didn't read the size specs, I had just been used to seeing larger shredders in the past. The size turned out to be great as it fits under my desk nicely, and allows me to shred things without having to pull it out from under the desk and push it back under with every use.

The shredder has a guard on the top to prevent accidental injuries; a nice touch. However, I don't personally need such a feature, it would be desirable to others.

It shreds CDs, credit cards, and multiple sheets of paper with ease. Some sheets even had staples that it handled with no problem (not sure if it's designed to do so though, so proceed with caution there). I will say though that some smaller pieces of paper, i tried to put at one end of the shred slot and the machine didn't respond. I initially thought it was defective, but later realized that the sensor to sense paper is in the center of that slot. So, if you are shredding a small receipt or something, put it in the center of the slot to ensure the shredder shreds!

Maytex No More Mildew Shower Curtain Liner, Frosty
Maytex No More Mildew Shower Curtain Liner, Frosty
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, January 9, 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised by this shower curtain liner. In the past, when I've bough the "mildew-free" variety of shower curtain liners, they mold relatively quickly and disappointment ensues. However, with the Maytex liner, I've been using it since May 2012, and still no mildew! I never thought this product would last this long and I would definitely buy it again.

I will say that I leave the curtain closed (and therefore extended out across my shower) after I use the shower, so it allows the curtain to dry sufficiently. I'm sure if you leave it all bunched up at one end that its lifetime may be decreased.

Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2
Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2
by George R. R. Martin
Price: $26.79
81 used & new from $10.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the show!, January 9, 2013
Really enjoyed going through this book. I loved the interviews, production photos, and narration to the show. The book itself is very nice. It has kind of a "padded" cover which feels high quality. I will say that the corners bend kind of easily, but can't really knock the book for that minor critique.

I will say that I would have liked a little more about the production of the show. A lot of the book was background, etc. on the characters and I was hoping to see just a bit more about the making of the show (which is why I took away 1 star).

Overall this is a great addition to the series and would also make a wonderful gift!

Cards Against Humanity: First Expansion
Cards Against Humanity: First Expansion
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, January 9, 2013
I bought these along with the 2nd expansion pack and it was just the new dose of hilarity that the game needed. Really helped to keep it fresh!

Cards Against Humanity: Second Expansion
Cards Against Humanity: Second Expansion
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarity, January 9, 2013
Completely worth the $10. Honestly, you'll probably get tired of seeing the same cards after a few games so this expansion was just the dose of new humor the game needed. After we played, all the cards got mixed in together, so I have a large conglomerate of cards from the original set, as well as both expansions. I really like how it changes things up and keeps the game fresh.

Belkin 6 feet PureAV Digital Coaxial Audio Cable
Belkin 6 feet PureAV Digital Coaxial Audio Cable
Price: $12.25
17 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent audio cable for a great price, January 9, 2013
I ran out of optical audio inputs on my receiver and used this cable to connect my Blu-ray player to my surround sound receiver. The sound is crystal clear 5.1 audio. The connecter heads attached very snug to my components, unlike some other reviewers who mentioned that they are loose. The length is great, and the cable is flexible enough to be run in and around my entertainment system.

Fotodiox 67mm Inner-pinch Lens Cap, with Cap Keeper (Black)
Fotodiox 67mm Inner-pinch Lens Cap, with Cap Keeper (Black)
Price: $5.36
2 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, January 9, 2013
This lens cap fits sung on the lens and I love that it's now impossible to lose, unlike the OEM one I had before it. The plastic pieces that affix it to the lens feel very sturdy and I believe they will stand the test of time. I would definitely recommend this product

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice replacement charger, January 9, 2013
Bought this charger to replace the one for my iPhone I lost. So far, it seems to work just as well and hasn't shown any signs of poor quality. I like the unique color so hopefully I won't lose it again!

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable and Digital Audio Optical Cable 2-Pack - 6-Feet (1.8 Meters)
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 9, 2013
So many people think you need to spend a bunch of money on a video/audio cord for it to be good. They couldn't be more wrong! These cables look just as good as the expensive ones and cost a fraction of what they do. No brainer!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars REDiculous!, January 8, 2013
(typo intentional)

This is the perfect color red, not too burgundy, not too orange, as compared to some of the more recent O.P.I. colors. I really like this brand too because if I take good care of my hands, the color will last until my next manicure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5