Profile for RSC - Nyack, NY > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RSC - Nyack, NY RSS Feed (Nyack, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
StarTech.com USB to Infrared IrDA Adapter (USB2IR3)
StarTech.com USB to Infrared IrDA Adapter (USB2IR3)
Offered by OutletPC
Price: $25.98
16 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work With My Mac, March 16, 2014
I tried to use this as an IrDA device on my Mac, to receive signals from my IR remote control.

It did not work.

C2G / Cables to Go 30504 USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter (Black)
C2G / Cables to Go 30504 USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter (Black)
Price: $17.99
81 used & new from $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work On Three of My Hard Drives, March 16, 2014
I tried this device on three different USB hard drives for my Mac that were known good drives.

Two drives did not spin up. One drive did spin up, but it would not mount on the Mac.

The cables fit, and the lights came on. But the drives would not mount on the Mac.

Duco Cement Multi-Purpose Household Glue - 1 fl oz
Duco Cement Multi-Purpose Household Glue - 1 fl oz
Offered by TheHardwareCityCO
Price: $4.15
22 used & new from $2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Glue. Hard To Find. Arrived Immediately., March 16, 2014
This is the best glue for all sorts of needs.
My tube arrived almost immediately. I was really surprised about how fast it arrived.
Duco is especially good on china and glass.
If you use as little as possible, it can make an almost invisible seal.
You need to use a bit of pressure the keep the parts together, when you first assemble your project.
Using as little as possible, Duco has a short drying time.
Using too much, the cement oozes out the side, and does not dry properly.
Be careful when closing the cap. If you twist the cap too much, it will twist the body of the tube.
Have plenty of ventilation when using Duco. It smells like it contains solvents.
This stuff is hard to find in stores! I looked everywhere - hardware store, home center, supermarkets.
It used to be available everywhere, but I found it impossible to find, except on Amazon.

Carper 300 Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
Carper 300 Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
Offered by Platinum Micro, Inc.
Price: $17.68
4 used & new from $15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It works fine. Arrived quickly. Excellent range. You'll need a jeweler's screwdirver to open the back., February 13, 2014
The product arrived quickly.
This is the correct model for my garage door opener.
The Carper 300 is easy to program, but of course you need the right code.
You need a small jeweler's screwdriver to open the back to program the DIP switches.
It has excellent range. I use it inside a building garage without a direct line-of-site to the opener. We can still open the door over 50' away.
It does not have a clip to attach to a car visor.
It comes with a piece of Velcro to stick it to the visor, but I'm not sure that the adhesive works well on felt.
The battery was included.
The flashlight isn't very strong, but is enough to see the lock on the door.
You'll want to change the key ring, because the chain that comes with the device is weak.
This is our third one.
The other two have been working fine for two years.
We have no problem with them.

Invicta Men's 8932 "Pro Diver Collection" Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Invicta Men's 8932 "Pro Diver Collection" Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Price: $52.40
12 used & new from $52.40

1.0 out of 5 stars The Box Smelled Like Burning Rubber, September 21, 2013
I couldn't even try this watch. The box smelled like burning rubber. I couldn't stand to have it in the house for one night. I had to leave it outside on the terrace until I returned it to Amazon.

Swimbuds 100% Waterproof Headphones Designed for Flip Turns! *** Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Promotion Available - (See Details Below)
Offered by Underwater Audio
Price: $40.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Same Junky Earbuds as eBay Sells for $3.95. I Retuned Them Promptly., September 21, 2013
This item for $40 is the same junk that I bought on eBay for $3.95.
It's *exactly* the same.
The earbuds are *not* suitable for flip turns.
The plastic hooks over the ear are impossible to use.
I had to remove them immediately.
These earbuds have very poor audio fidelity.
You'd also think that for $40, you'd get some sort of carrying case. These earbuds are just in a plastic wrapper on some cardboard.
I was totally ripped-off.
If you prefer to buy earbuds from Amazon instead of eBay, then buy the Pyle earbuds from Amazon for $15.95.
Shame on you, Underwater Audio Company!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 12:09 PM PDT

3-in-1 LCD FM Transmitter, Car Charger for iPhone 4 / 4S / iPhone 3G / iPods
3-in-1 LCD FM Transmitter, Car Charger for iPhone 4 / 4S / iPhone 3G / iPods
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $3.56
32 used & new from $0.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, Surprised by The Quality, Fast Delivery, Hard to Push Remote Buttons, June 16, 2013
I was surprised how well this item works.

It arrived quickly, was easy to set up, and worked properly. A bonus is that It also serves as a pass-through iPhone charger.

The only reason I'm giving it four stars instead of five is that the remote control requires pushing with a fingernail to make the remote work. The buttons won't work using the pad of my finger.

I would give this item 4.5 stars if Amazon had that category. This is a good value at $3.99!

iHip Submariner Sports DIS-SUBSPORTS Waterproof Earphones for MP3 Players, iPhones, iPads, iPods, Cellphones (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointed. Don't Fit, Won't Stay On, Feel Like Cheap Junk, June 1, 2013
I'm so disappointed. I hoped that these earbuds would be great because they have just one wire. But the headphones don't fit. The plastic bar around the back of the head is very wide, and can not be adjusted. The earbud tips don't fit into the ear. The package does not contain any other sizes of earbud tips.

Pros
Has a single wire instead of two wires.

Cons
Does not fit.
Plastic headband is too wide.
Plastic headband width and length can not be adjusted.
Earbud tips will not stay in the ear.

Waterfi Waterproof Apple iPod Shuffle with Short Cord Waterproof Headphones - Best Swimming MP3 Player (New Model) (Red)
Offered by Waterfi
Price: $154.95
4 used & new from $114.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Toy. Works Great. Underwater Sound is Surprisingly Good. Buttons Are a Bit Stiff. Hard to Seat the Earbuds Properly., May 16, 2013
I'm swimming laps for a longer time now. "OK... Just one more song... Just one more." Pop songs tend to run for 3'30", so two more songs is another 7 minutes of swimming.

The Waterfi iPod Shuffle works well, as advertised. I'm giving it five stars, but note that 1) The buttons are a bit stiff, and 2) The earbuds unseat from time to time. If the buds unseat, you can't hear anything.

I don't know that there is anything that Waterfi can do about the earbud seating problem.

The iPod portion of the system is just a regular iPod, with stiffer buttons. I sync it to iTunes on my Mac, just as I do with any iPod and iPhone.

It takes a bit of experience to get the earbuds to stay in place. If they move the wrong way, you'll get water in your ear, and you you won't be able to hear anything. When that happens, I have to pull out the earbud, tap it against my hand to get the water out, and then find a better way to seat it into my ear. If I push it in too far, I won't be able to hear anything. There's an art to getting the buds in properly. Try the Pyle accordion-style earbud tips. They might work better for you.

Sometimes I can swim for 30 minutes without an earbud glitch, and sometimes the earbuds need adjustment after two laps. Note -- they are NOT for diving, jumping into the deep end, or doing flip turns.

Also, tucking the excess wires into the straps on the goggles takes a bit of experience. The Velcro "system" that Waterfi provides isn't helpful. I took me a while to figure out a way to wind the excess cord, and tuck it into my goggles straps. That takes some experience until I found the best way. Also, getting the feel of where to clip the iPod onto my goggle straps, and how to reach the buttons blindly, took a bit of experience.

But after using the gizmo for a week, I got the hang of the buttons, the wires, and the earbuds.

The Waterfi iPod Shuffle came with one set of waterproof earbuds (plus Apple's regular earbuds). The sound quality is fine. It's surprising to me that I can hear the music just fine underwater. And when you mix the music sound with the noise of the water and breathing, the sound quality doesn't much matter.

I bought a couple of different types of earbuds, with different earbud tips. The accordion plugs on the Pyle earbuds sometimes fit me better. I alternate the earbuds.

The photos on the site, when I purchased the Waterfi iPod, showed the accordion-style earbuds. But Waterfi supplied different buds. I emailed Waterfi and asked for accordions. They promptly sent them to me by mail.

All-in-all, this is a great toy for swimming laps. It really works.

9 Pairs Replacement Silicone Earbuds Tips for APPLE In-ear Headphones Earphones in SEALED RETAIL PACKAGE

5.0 out of 5 stars These Earbud Tips Fit Exactly Right, January 31, 2013
These earbud tips fit perfectly. The look and feel exactly the same as those that came with the my stock Apple earbuds.

I was ready to buy a new set of Apple earbuds, simply because all the original tips had disappeared.

These work perfectly. The price is good, and the shipment was prompt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5