Profile for Suzanne Deshong > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Suzanne Deshong "Homeschooling Mom" RSS Feed (Santa Clarita, CA)

Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
Offered by FastMarketPro
Price: $253.92
12 used & new from $236.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cookware, just as good as the expensive competitor, for a fraction of the price!, September 9, 2011
I love this cookware. Can I say that again? I spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking for family and friends, and I am just so pleased with this set. I have owned these pans over a year now, and can't say one bad thing about them. I wanted to invest in a stainless steel cookware set, and I wanted one that would last, and wouldn't be cheap and flimsy, like so many sets I had seen. And All-Clad just wasn't even a thought for me, because of the sticker shock. I mean, come on, for the price of one All-Clad pan, I bought this entire set! It's a no-brainer. I am the type that does lots of research and reads lots of reviews before I buy any new product, and this set was my choice, hands down. Nothing else even came close to the quality, price, and good manufacturer reputation that I found in this product. I previously owned a set of nonstick Circulon pans which I loved, but the coating was starting to peel off in my food, yuck! I was hesitant about stainless because so many people said it is hard to clean, compared with nonstick coated pans. Well, these pans are a CINCH to clean up. I just soak the pan while I cleaning the rest of my dishes, and then go back and clean the pan when I am done, and the food comes right off. I also have found that Barkeeper's Friend is the best product on the market for cleaning stainless pans. I use it almost every time I wash my pans, if there is any greasy or caked on residue that doesn't come off with normal washing. Just sprinkle some onto the bottom of a mostly dry pan, and either using your fingers or a sponge, clean the residue off. It really is a miracle product. My pans still look shiny and brand new since I maintain them that way. Sometimes it takes a bit of elbow grease if you have an oil type build up (like from frying), but trust me, it comes perfectly clean!

All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend these pans 100%. They are one of the best kitchen investments I have ever made. Sturdy, professional, beautiful, and precision cooking. Cuisinart has the best stainless steel pans in the market, and you can't beat the price.

KITCHENAID coffee maker 10 cup DIGITAL kcm-515 ST-STEEL
KITCHENAID coffee maker 10 cup DIGITAL kcm-515 ST-STEEL

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't screw up coffee with this one..., January 3, 2007
I received this as a gift from my sister. First off, you must know that both my sister and I are "coffee snobs", meaning we really enjoy the taste of a good quality coffee. Every previous coffee pot I have owned never made a good cup of coffee, and if it did, I don't know what formula was used to make it. I tried every which way, adjusting bean amount, grind, etc, to no avail. Coffee always had a bitter taste.

The first pot I brewed in this one was absolutely perfect, and so was every one after that! Excellent taste and quality. I also found out that I can actually use a lot less coffee with this machine, and still get the strong, full bodied "Starbucks" flavor that I like.

For those who complained about the temperature of the coffee, I have to agree to some extent. On cold mornings, I must prime the coffeepot in order to produce a hot coffee. That is only because of the hot coffee entering into a freezing cold metal pot! It has nothing to do with the brewing process or temperature. I also noticed someone actually commented that the heating element is barely warm to the touch. That is because there IS NO HEATING ELEMENT!!! The stainless pot is what retains the heat in the coffee. Just make sure to prime your pot if you like it hot!

All in all, this is a fantastic machine that brews a high quality cup of coffee.

UPDATE! 9/9/11

This coffemaker just conked out! I wasn't expecting it to break after just over 4 years of use. I had been having the occasional overflow/blockage type thing happenening, until last week, the blockage and overflow blew out the circuit board. For a brand like KitchenAid, I would have expected it to last longer. I am buying a Cuisinart this time!

Mr. Coffee IDS77 Electric Coffee Grinder with Chamber Maid Cleaning System, Black
Price: $17.88
29 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grinder even for the "coffee snobs" like me!, January 3, 2007
I am quite the coffee conisseur, and thus am pretty picky about my coffee products. My husband bought me this for my birthday, since our last "cheapo" coffee grinder was not grinding consistently anymore. I was skeptical, as I had been in the market for a burr grinder this time around. I thought I would try it anyway, and save the difference in money that it would cost to upgrade to a burr. I have to say, I was very impressed! While you do have to hold the button down the whole time it grinds, it does shut itself off when finished, which is nice. The selling feature for me is the removable coffee chamber. You don't have to tip your grinder upside down and tap the coffee into the lid. Nor do you have to hold the entire unit over the sink while you wipe the inside and around the blade with a paper towel, hoping you don't nick your finger! You just pop out the cup, open the spout, and pour your grinds into your filter. Then comes the best part...you just wash the cup in the sink or place in your dishwasher, and voila! Clean as a whistle. And it seems to produce a very consistent grind, which makes me happy, knowing I will get a great cup of coffee. For you other "coffee snobs" out there, the grind chart is obviously way off. Unless you like your coffee to taste like Folgers, use more than the 3/4 tbsp per cup that they recommend! All in all, I am very pleased with this product, and for the price, you can't beat it!

My Book About Me
My Book About Me
by Dr. Seuss
Price: $9.00
232 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fun for kids and great for a keepsake!, August 25, 2006
This review is from: My Book About Me (Hardcover)
My husband had this book as a child in the late 70's, and my sister found the same book in the store and bought it for my oldest son about 5 years ago. It has been so fun for my son to fill out the book. We still have Daddy's book to look at from when he was little, so that is fun! I would highly recommend this book to anyone wanting their child to have an enjoyable and interactive activity. It also serves as a wonderful keepsake for later on. They have fun things in it, such as "How many steps is it to the mailbox?" and "How many windows are in your house", as well as questions about what you want to do when you grow up and your interests. Love this book!