Profile for Tom D > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 388

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom D RSS Feed (Columbus, OH United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Steren 200-290 4-Feet 3/8-Inch Ground Rod Copper-Clad
Steren 200-290 4-Feet 3/8-Inch Ground Rod Copper-Clad
Price: $12.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and easy if this is what you need., July 11, 2014
It is what it is, a short ground rod. I have a location where there's only 6' from ground to solid limestone. I could cut a longer rod, or put a longer rod into the ground on an angle, but I prefer to bury the rod at least a foot below ground level so no one steps on it, or if it is eventually abandoned, it's buried. In this application, it's the ground for a lightning arrestor on an outside antenna. You may need multiple rods or in ground chemicals to use this for whole house grounding.

Flashing Led Bumpy Ring (Pack of 12)
Flashing Led Bumpy Ring (Pack of 12)
Offered by KingKing Mall
Price: $4.45
61 used & new from $1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with lots of giggles, July 11, 2014
100% good out of the box. The on-off switch works easily. No smell. Fun and lots of giggles from the kids age 1 1/2 to 6.

Casio Men's AQ160W-1BV Ana-Digi Electro-Luminescent Sport Watch
Casio Men's AQ160W-1BV Ana-Digi Electro-Luminescent Sport Watch
Price: $24.54
21 used & new from $24.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Inexpensive athletic watch, July 2, 2014
Good, inexpensive running watch. I'm on my third. Batteries last a couple of years and technically they're replaceable but I've never been able to get the watch to reseal after changing the batteries, so when you see fog inside the "crystal" you know it's too late. Batteries last about 3 years so in essence the watch lasts three years.

Case Logic DCB-302 Compact  Case for Camera - Black
Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Case for Camera - Black
Price: $9.74
54 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Panasonic ZS-20, July 2, 2014
Perfect for the Panasonic ZS-20, an easy 1/4" to 3/8" clearance on all sides. Easy in, easy out. Comes with built in belt loop and neck strap.

Bell 22-1-33653-8 Cargo Net
Bell 22-1-33653-8 Cargo Net
Price: $9.51
4 used & new from $9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars The Net Is Well Made and The Right Size For the Inside of A Car, July 2, 2014
The net is well made, happy with that. This thing comes with some buttons that are similar to the OEM buttons in a trunk space but they won't work for my needs, or at least I can't figure out how to make them work well and easily without screwing them into the car. I'm using this to keep the dogs out of the front seat so I made a small frame out of 1/2" plastic pipe and hooked it into the headrest bars on the front seats with small bungee cords.

Panasonic Lumix ZS20 14.1 MP High Sensitivity MOS Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom (Black)
Price: $169.99
117 used & new from $154.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This Is The Camera You Will Have With You, July 2, 2014
This is my third camera in the series. The bottom line is this is the camera for traveling, or in my case I carry it while running as well. This is the camera you will have with you, and with the zoom will reach out in ways the lesser zooms will not. It's enough different that even if you've used an earlier version, you'll want to spend a half hour with the manual. Operation is fairly intuitive though. What's been the most fun with this version is the semi-automatic pan feature. GPS has been added, but that's a feature I don't care about.

The downside, and the reason this gets four stars instead of five is the sometimes amazingly slow focus. The thing will sometimes hunt for more than a second trying to lock on something that should be obvious. The second thing is OCCASIONALLY on long zoom (16X-20X) it doesn't get the focus right, even when you have a static situation but that's common with all point and shoot auto focus cameras. Sometimes it isn't clear that it's slightly out of focus until you look at the finished product. The third problem is that the shutter can be delicate. I've learned I have to keep this in a case, not in my pocket. The shutter is susceptible to dings and dirt and jams relatively easily. I have a padded CaseLogic case that works fine, and a slightly less bulkiy, unpadded Amphipod case that I'm more likely to use when running.

No regrets though. FWIW I bought the second in the series when the zoom went from 12X to 16X, then managed to destroy its shutter by carrying it in my pocket, not in a case. I'm planning on taking apart the previous 16X version and trying to remove the damaged shutter mechanism.

Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm (2.5-Ounce)
Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm (2.5-Ounce)
Offered by HDO Sport
Price: $14.99
15 used & new from $14.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, Convenient, July 2, 2014
The only real option is Crisco and this is so much more convenient. What can I say, it works? I use it between and on top of my toes for daily runs, and on my inner thighs as well for runs over 6 miles. I run daily, year round, one tube of this stuff lasts about 15 months.

Panasonic WES9013PC Men's Electric Razor Replacement Inner Blade & Outer Foil Set
Price: $28.83
54 used & new from $25.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as New Razor, July 2, 2014
Makes all the difference, really makes it a new razor. I've been using the older ES 8109 and now the newer ES 8103 (yeah the lower number is newer) for many years and replace the blades between nine months and a year. Cleaning is with dish soap, then I dry and give it a quick shot of Remington Shaver Saver (Amazon) which has lube in it.

Comfort Bath! Personal Cleansing, Ultra-Thick Disposable Washcloths, 8 ea pack of 2
Offered by MyMedStreet
Price: $9.75
3 used & new from $9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Plan "B", July 2, 2014
Does the job without residue. Bought these in case we couldn't get the water system at a camp site to work. The best plan "B" I've found.

Body Glove ShockSuit Case for iPhone 4/4S - Retail Packaging - Black/Charcoal
Body Glove ShockSuit Case for iPhone 4/4S - Retail Packaging - Black/Charcoal
Price: $22.47
28 used & new from $18.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., July 2, 2014
Perfect. Buttons work, screen works, case protects the phone, delighted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20