Profile for Southern Girl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Southern Girl RSS Feed (Southern USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
BRICA Baby In-Sight Magical Firefly Auto Mirror for in Car Safety
BRICA Baby In-Sight Magical Firefly Auto Mirror for in Car Safety
Price: $34.82
29 used & new from $34.31

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Mirror that Keeps My Son's Interest, August 5, 2014
This mirror was sent to me from Brica in exchange for my review.

My 7 month old has enjoyed having this mirror in our vehicle. He is getting to the age where he stays awake in the car longer and sometimes gets bored. The biggest flaw is having to remember to turn the mirror on when I put him into the backseat - the remote cannot turn it on. However, that's not enough to turn me off from this product, as my baby finds it very interesting!

I like being able to see my son, even when the lights and sounds aren't on. It's also nice to have the remote so I can adjust the volume or change the mode (in the event that he does fall asleep). The volume is a little loud, even on the lowest setting, but my baby has learned to sleep through a lot thanks to his older brother!

My son also seems mesmerized by the light patterns as they come across the mirror to the beat of the music. I like that there is a variety in the music and the same single tune isn't played over and over again. My 4 year old enjoys listening to it too. All in all, it's a great product and I would recommend it to parents looking for a mirror like this one.

AccuMeasure MyoTape MT05 and AM-3000 Fitness 3000 Personal Body Fat Tester Kit
AccuMeasure MyoTape MT05 and AM-3000 Fitness 3000 Personal Body Fat Tester Kit
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $7.14
12 used & new from $4.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for recording body fat measurements, February 17, 2014
My husband has been wanting to check his body fat at home for months, so I purchased this as a stocking stuffer for him. The caliper is easy to use and he could tell me his body fat percentage within 5 minutes of taking it out of the packaging.

The tape measure wasn't as easy. I thought it would be easy for a single person to use, given the way it the loose end loops around the body and clips back into the rest of the tape measure. However, it's a bit flimsy and would slip out easily when trying to measure different body parts. We ended up just measuring each other, which is what we would do with a normal tape measure.

Still, the caliper is worth the small price I paid - and the tape measure can be seen as a bonus.

Malden International Designs Beveled Glass "Treasures Aunt" Metal Picture Frame, 4 by 6-Inch, Silver
Price: $10.99
5 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for your favorite aunt, February 17, 2014
This frame was purchased as a holiday gift for my aunt. I have a similar frame like this that discusses love, which has a photo of myself and my husband in it. I knew I'd love it when I received it in the mail -- and was happy that my aunt loved it too! I love the different words and phrases etched around the picture in the center.

It's very thick glass so I don't think it would shatter if it was bumped or even knocked over on a table. Being dropped in the floor would be another thing, but I don't see that being an issue with it sitting on a high shelf at her house.

AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
Price: $54.99
3 used & new from $46.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit loud, February 17, 2014
I purchased this shredder as a replacement for our previous one that died a couple years ago. My husband has been shredding lots of old bills and outdated documents that are no longer needed. The shredder takes multiple pages at one time, and he is able to shred an entire year's worth of papers in one sitting.

The only downside is the noise. It's a bit annoying that it's so loud. Our newborn cannot even sleep through it, though he can sleep through the TV at a normal volume or the dog barking in the same room.

Cross Training for Her: The Ultimate Female Training Guide for a Lean & Sexy Physique
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those seeking info on CrossFit, February 17, 2014
My husband has been doing CrossFit for a few months now, and has been trying to get me to join him. Not knowing much about it, I was happy to review this book after receiving a copy from the author. The book is well organized and very informative. The author covers basically everything a beginner would need to know. A lot of info I've found free available was directed toward men, so it was refreshing to have something I could reference that discussed how CrossFit should work for women.

Inside this book, there are many suggestions and recommendations for women wanting to get their start with CrossFit. Scott explains the history behind the fitness program as well as acronyms and how to understand the different workouts. The most common exercises are explained in detail. There are many WODs (workout of the day) available for you to get started right after reading the section that interests you most. Some of them would be WAY out of my league right now, but it's nice you can tailor most of these workouts to your own abilities.

Along with extensive information about CrossFit itself, Scott James also discusses common weight training myths and truths. He dives into the benefits of weight training, a few I didn't realize myself.

I recommend that book as a great beginner's guide for women that would like to get started with CrossFit.

Farm Animals for Kids: Amazing Pictures and Fun Fact Children Book (Children's Book Age 4-8) (Discover Animals Series 2)
Price: $3.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute book with lots of facts, February 3, 2014
I received a copy through Library Thing.

This book was very cute, and my 3 year old loved learning about the different animals. He is certainly a little sponge these days, and will sometimes spit out facts learned from this book when we are doing other things, such as eating dinner, riding in the car, or outside playing. He loves looking at the bright colors even when I am not reading it to him.

There are lots of facts to learn about the farm animals discussed in the book. There is a question at the end of each chapter with the answers at the end of the book. I noticed that the questions couldn't be found in the text of the book, which I think was a downside. The quiz would have better had the answer been found in the book - to reinforce what the child was reading (or having read to them).

Jabra SOLEMATE MINI Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Black
Jabra SOLEMATE MINI Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Black
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sound, Little Speaker, February 2, 2014
I received a Jabra Solemate Mini in exchange for my honest review.

After owning the Jabra Solemate, I was excited to give the Mini a try. I knew it would be similar but I wasn't expecting the sound quality to be as good since it's a smaller speaker. When we connected it to my husband's Android phone, however, it gave us a blast of music that was just as good as the regular sized Solemate. It works great with my iPhone as well.

The size makes it very easy to carry in your purse, beach bag, or any other bag you'd be carrying. It doesn't add much weight either, due to it's size.

Connectivity is quick and easy - it syncs to your phone, tablet, or other device via Bluetooth, and is ready in just a few seconds. The voice that alerts your Solemate Mini is connected isn't a big deal - definitely nothing to complain about. I like that it lets me know it's connected, so I can get to listening to music.

I like the blue rubber shell that protects the Mini from damage. I received the blue color, which was my top choice - red yellow and black are also available. The connector cable is housed in the bottom of the speaker, completely hidden from view yet can be conveniently located if needed. I like the "sole" of the case as well, as it keeps the speaker firmly planted to avoid it getting knocked over - or off a table.

The speaker also works as a nice speakerphone when you receive a call and your phone is connected. We tested this out when my husband as at work one day. With two kids in the house, you would think talking on a speakerphone was a bad idea. However, the filter built-in to the Solemate Mini made it easy for him to hear me, even with the TV on, a baby fussing, and a toddler playing.

Metallic Beaded Necklaces (48 pc)
Metallic Beaded Necklaces (48 pc)
Offered by We got It All
Price: $8.45
10 used & new from $2.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Great party favors, January 25, 2014
These made a good party favor for my 3 year old's pirate birthday party. We put them in a treasure chest filled with sand and let the kids dig for buried treasure. The necklaces withstood the party game, but are a little on the cheap side. For the price though, they were great for the purpose we needed them for.

LeapFrog LeapPad Carrying Case, green (Works with all LeapPad2 Tablets and LeapsterGS))
Offered by aSavings
Price: $13.40
68 used & new from $8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great carrying case, January 25, 2014
My 3 year old has had his LeapPad 2 for almost a year and really needed something house it and his cartridges inside. This was offered on Amazon at a great price so we got it for him for Christmas. It's a very durable case and I have no worries of damage to his LeapPad when it's inside this.

Uncle John's Fully Loaded 25th Anniversary Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader)
by Bathroom Readers' Institute
Price: $16.71
110 used & new from $0.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great gift!, January 25, 2014
My uncle isn't an easy person to buy holiday gifts for. He does enjoy learning and sharing useless information quite often, so I knew this book would be perfect for him. I went by his house last week and saw the book in the bathroom, just where it is intended to be! There was a bookmark inside that marked about 1/3 into the book, so I think he's enjoying it. I was happy to choose a suitable gift that he is actually using.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10