Profile for Courtney Turner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Courtney Turner RSS Feed (Chicago, IL USA)

Untapped: The Scramble for Africa's Oil
Untapped: The Scramble for Africa's Oil
by John H. Ghazvinian
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars military officer, July 14, 2007
A superb read! Great background on the region and insights into the future. This is highly recommended reading for the U.S. military & State Department, particularly as they try to get a coherent strategy for the newly created US AFRICA COMMAND, which is designed to work mainly with the countries John Ghazvinian writes about.

The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell
The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell
by Oren Harari
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and captivating, February 14, 2002
This is an excellent leadership book for military members and corporate managers. If you were in any way confused about how to lead units, build confidence in organizations or improve yourself.....get this book! I can't put it down. I'm pouring over it in preparation for my next military assignment. I originally purchased the book to learn about the "Powell Way", but I quickly realized it could also be "my way" as well. I'm a LCDR in the U.S. Navy and also a freshly minted MBA--what a great book to prepare me for the upcoming challenges in my career.
The book is packed full of cogent examples of problems and how Secretary / General Powell executed his plan to quickly resolve them. I wish, however, the book contained more failures or unsuccessful exploits and the lessons Powell learned. I believe that kind of insight is also just as valuable in leadership....how to deal with failure.
Overall, I highly recommend this book be made required reading for every MBA, officer candidate, cadet and midshipman--Simply put, this is good stuff.

Data Analysis and Decision Making With Microsoft Excel
Data Analysis and Decision Making With Microsoft Excel
by S. Christian Albright
54 used & new from $1.12

4.0 out of 5 stars MS Office 2000 compatability problems!!, August 11, 2000
Just purchased the book as a tool for MBA classes. However, after installing the accompanying CD ROM add-ons I had problems accessing MS Office programs. A critical .DLL file was modified by the program during my installation. I think the program was made to run with MS Excel 97. Another suggestion for the author is to include an answers CD ROM for the problems contained in the text so that students and professionals can check their work.