Profile for R. Alt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Alt RSS Feed

Franklin Sports Night Lightning Football (Junior Size)
Franklin Sports Night Lightning Football (Junior Size)
Price: $17.76
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid liked it, but does not glow in dark., February 28, 2013
Nice football and bright green but does not actually glow. Kids still like it. Worth the money. I would buy again.

Samsung GT-B2710, Dust and Water Resistant Unlocked Phone - International Version - Black
Offered by CANGURO
Price: $99.99
9 used & new from $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars YES you can send/receive MMS picture messages with AT&T without a data plan., February 28, 2013
This is a nice basic heavy phone for texting and calling for someone with big hands. This phone also fits great in your side leg pocket if you wear carpenter jeans. Owners manual is very basic and not very helpful.

The AT&T store told me that this phone can't send picture messages but they lie. I use this phone as a $25 a month prepaid GoPhone without a data plan and it works fine if you input these settings.

Here are the settings I used to get it to work on AT&T.

Go to: MENU > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECTIONS

Create a new connection.

SET NAME: Media Net
ACCESS NAME: wap.cingular
AUTH TYPE: Normal
USER ID: (leave blank)
PASSWORD: CINGULAR1 (all caps)
Protocol: HTTP

STATIC DNS: Off
SERVER 1: 0.0.0.0
SERVER 2: 0.0.0.0
Traffic Class: Subscribed

After you save this, go to APPLICATIONS > MESSAGES > MULTIMEDIA MESSAGES > MULTIMEDIA MESSAGE PROFILES

And select the Media Net profile you have established.

As others have mentioned, once you get your first voicemail, the voicemail icon remains on top of the screen. I have yet to figure out how to fix this.

Also, even if you set the phone to English, you still need to find the setting to change your texting to English. Until I did this, mine was trying to text in Dutch Language. I think this setting is found in "Messages".

There are some bad reviews saying that there is not a dedicated button to get you back to the home screen. But actually there is. Anytime you push the button above the #3 it instantly takes you to the home screen.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2014 2:35 PM PST

Brother Printer DCP7065DN Monochrome Laser Multi-Function Copier
Brother Printer DCP7065DN Monochrome Laser Multi-Function Copier
Offered by Amazing lighting deal
Price: $245.99
40 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me., January 4, 2012
This seems like a pretty nice printer. Easy to copy and scan. Scans quickly. Software worked right away with windows XP, but was being stubborn when I tried to load it on a computer with windows 7, but I got it to work.

I thought I was getting a good price when I got it for $129 but Since then I have seen it elsewhere for only $99. Look around a little before you buy.

Con: UPS just dropped this off on my porch the day before Thanksgiving and took off. We were going out of town that day and this could of sat outside for 5 days with nobody home. Was also shipped in the original box and anybody could of seen what it was. Lucky we were still home to bring it inside.

Nerf Vortex PRAXIS Blaster
Nerf Vortex PRAXIS Blaster
Offered by Daisy Day Deals
Price: $38.00
29 used & new from $23.69

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9yr old loves it and I want one too., January 4, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex PRAXIS Blaster (Toy)
Pretty cool gun. Nice and big. Doesn't need any batteries. Has not jammed yet. My son loves it and I want one too. Ammo is expensive though.

LEGO Blue Building Plate (10" x 10")
LEGO Blue Building Plate (10" x 10")
Offered by BlockHead
Price: $22.99
19 used & new from $17.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Flimsy...Disappointed, January 4, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Ordered 2 of these for my son thinking they were hard and solid. They are very cheap quality, thin, and flimsy. Had I seen them in a store, I would not of bought them.

GearWrench 80721 7 Piece 1/2-Inch Drive SAE Hex Bit Socket Set
GearWrench 80721 7 Piece 1/2-Inch Drive SAE Hex Bit Socket Set
Price: $30.97
17 used & new from $28.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., January 4, 2012
This is a really nice set for $36.00 The same set sells at Home Depot and Fastenal for $65.00 They go in my toolbox tomorrow.

RCA Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna
RCA Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna
Price: $26.83
102 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, buy it at $17.00, February 2, 2011
Best Buy sells this same item for $40.00 I saw it on Amazon for $17.00, and the next day when I bought it the price was up to $22.00 and now the price is back down to $17.00 Either way its a good price.

I am using it in town with an HDTV flat screen. The picture actually looks better with the amplifier turned off. I can also keep the rabbit ears all the way down and hidden behind the unit.

The picture looks better than cable TV. I notice that all the channels are at different sound volumes, but maybe that is normal for broadcast TV.

Some Records HO96274 25FT Ethernet CAT 5E Cable
Some Records HO96274 25FT Ethernet CAT 5E Cable
Offered by Smith and Son
Price: $22.96
6 used & new from $17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cable., February 2, 2011
This seems like a nice cable, but the one I got is hot pink in color. What a surprise when I opened the package. Its hidden and out of sight so it really does not bother me.

Uniden PC68LTW 40 Channel CB Radio with Front Mic
Uniden PC68LTW 40 Channel CB Radio with Front Mic
Offered by Overloaded Mobile
Price: $104.95
8 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice All-Around CB Radio, October 1, 2006
This is a really nice CB radio. I love the Dynamic Squelch Control, the RF Gain control and the Mic Gain control. I had enough room to install this under the dash in a new 2006 Chevy Impala. I run this CB with a K30 antenna. That antenna is OK, but I would recommend a bigger antenna such as the Wilson 500 or 1000. The lighted display looks nice at night and I also like the weather channels.

Cons: You are unable to see where any of your knobs are set at.