Profile for Joseph Toronto > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joseph Toronto "Fudanshi" RSS Feed (Staten Island, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8 Lens Large Aperture Auto Focus Lens For Canon EF Mount EOS Camera
Offered by Mastore
Price: $68.99
6 used & new from $67.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Died after 3 days., April 9, 2015
Bought one for my trip to Tokyo. It lasted maybe 3 days and now the aperature blades are stuck. I'm probably going to buy an actual Canon lens while I'm here and return this one to Amazon when I get back. Photos were great quality when it was working.

Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill
Price: $299.95
33 used & new from $228.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for commercial settings., December 13, 2014
I own a coffee shop and we decided to try our hand at making panini sandwiches. I didn't want to invest in a $1200 commercial panini-press for an experiment, so I ordered this bad boy figuring there was little to lose. Well, the sandwiches are a hit, and I don't yet feel the need to upgrade. This machine is doing just fine. Sometimes it's making sammies all day long, sometimes we have quiet spells. Unlike a commercial machine that takes long to warm up and needs to stay on all day. This one warms up quickly enough that by the time I'm done preparing a sandwich, it "beeps" letting me know it's ready.

It's also built quite solidly and is easy to clean. The top plate is adjustable enough that you can press the sandwich evenly. You can also do two sandwiches at a time. Cleanup is very easy since the whole thing is stainless steel, and the plates unlatch for washing in the sink. I think I'm going to get more use out of this machine than I thought I would. I might actually pick up a second one if business gets any busier.

[Wirecutter's Pick] iClever® Himbox HB01 Bluetooth 4.0 Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with 3.5 mm Aux Input Jack (Convenient Siri / Voice Activation, Dual USB Car Charger and Magnetic Base Included) - Silver
Offered by Hisgadget Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., June 21, 2014
I purchased this to use in my 2003 BMW 530i because I didn't want to go through the hassle of replacing the factory stereo. I decided to do a semi-permanent installation rather than have wires dangling all over the place. I also purchased this 12v USB power outlet and wired it to the factory-flashlight charger's power source:

Then all I did was mount the unit on the dash, run the wires through the dash to the glove box, and plugged it into the USB and aux-in jack in the glovebox.

How does the unit work? Pretty well. Pairing was super easy with my iPhone 5S. Sound quality for audio is very good, if perhaps a bit overboosted. I have to turn the volume down on my phone a little bit otherwise it overdrives the amp in the factory stereo. Play/pause, fwd and rev buttons work as expected. Call quality seems to be good on the outgoing end, but I wish the volume of calls was as louder. During calls I have to turn the volume on my stereo up quite a bit, and then remember to turn it back down before the call ends otherwise I get blasted when the music starts playing again.

One other complaint. I can't get it to consistently activate Siri. I've been doing it by holding down the button, which works sometimes and not others. Still, for $35 it's hard to complain.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cheap mouse., January 4, 2014
Pretty good deal for the money. It's a bit smaller than a full-sized mouse, but still relatively comfortable for medium-sized hands. The DPI selector button is great to have on a laptop, because mice added to laptops tend to track way too fast using the trackpad's settings. Wake up time is less than .5 seconds in my experience, and it even comes with a nice carrying case.

KHOMO iPad Mini / Mini Retina / Mini 3 Case (Released 2014) - DUAL Black Super Slim Cover with Rubberized back and Smart Feature (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature) For Apple iPad Mini Tablet
Offered by Onix Venture Group
Price: $14.95
5 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Viable alternative to Apple's smart-case for iPad Mini 2 Retina., January 4, 2014
Fits my 32GB iPad Mini retina perfectly, and yes it does have the hole on the back for the second microphone. Feels pretty well made. I'd say the only thing it would be lacking compared to Apple's $70 case is that the cover material is slightly thinner. Other than that it's well, well worth the $15 I paid for it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works surprinsgly well., February 28, 2013
Worked immediately with no configuration in Windows 8. Gets a perfect signal through walls. It's a great product for the price.

Kryptonite New York Legend 1515 Chain with New York Padlock (30 Inches Long When Locked)
Price: $144.89
46 used & new from $115.91

4.0 out of 5 stars This thing is MASSIVE., February 28, 2013
To be fair, I haven't actually used it on my scooter yet. But I figured I'd write my initial impressions and then update the review after a month of use.

This thing weighs a ton, is huge and looks indestructible. It's actually quite ridiculous looking and I can't imagine anyone in their right mind, not even a crackhead would try and attack this thing. This thing actually destroyed the box it came in. I would NOT recommend this for a bicycle unless you're going to leave the chain in one place and only use it there. For a scooter/motorcycle it's perfect. To actually carry this thing around with you on a bike would be exhausting. I posted a few images showing the size.
Comment Comment | Permalink

JVC HAF150B Headphone, Gumy, Cord-Match Olive Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by SteelCityGame
Price: $11.35
16 used & new from $4.20

4.0 out of 5 stars I've heard worse., January 15, 2013
Normally I spend $100 or better on a set of IEM's but I forgot my nice pair one day and figured it'd be useful to have a backup pair at work on days when I'm forgetful. I picked these up from a neighborhood discount store for about $9. I honestly had zero expectations, but for $9 you could do worse. They do have a somewhat "hollow" sound (like there's a hole in the midbass range) and sub 80-hz response is pretty lacking, but otherwise they're not too bad. The also play surprisingly loud without audible distortion. I'd say these are somewhat compatible with iPhone headphones, with the Apple units being somewhat higher in quality. Even still you could do far worse than the Gumys.

Adesso Wireless SlimTouch Desktop Touchpad Keyboard (WKB-4000UB)
Adesso Wireless SlimTouch Desktop Touchpad Keyboard (WKB-4000UB)
Price: $64.24
69 used & new from $37.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too terrible for gaming., December 1, 2012
I bought this for my living room PC, which is mostly used for watching video and some MMO style gaming. I've seen many reviews saying that it's not good for gaming, but I can't see why not. I decided to try it for myself. It's just like gaming on a laptop, and if you can deal with that, this isn't any different. Beyond that the keys have a nice feel to them and despite their size and spacing I can type pretty quickly without error on them. The trackpad is pretty good, just about what you'd find on your average laptop. I wish it could be made a little more sensitive though. I have the sensitivity on the highest setting in Windows and it could just use a little more. Now for the negatives.

-Susceptible to interference from Wifi. I have my PC located directly next to the wifi router and I was getting a lot of periods where the keyboard/mouse was unresponsive. Moving it close (and I mean inches) to the receiver alleviated the symptom. After unplugging the router, I can use the keyboard from the next room. My solution was to use a USB extension cable and mount the receiver behind the sofa several feet away from the router. This worked for me because my PC is located next to the sofa. So if you want to get this make sure it's not too close to your router.

-No indicator lights anywhere. No NUM lock, CAPS lock, etc... There's not even a way to tell if your battery is getting low. I guess you just wait until it stops working?

-Uses generic windows mouse drivers only. Meaning, no fancy gestures/swipes. The scroll strip on the right side of the trackpad does work well though.

We have one of these at work and it's been doing fine for almost 2 years of daily use, so I'm confident in it's long-term reliability.

For the price it cant be beat. It's a pretty well made product, just with some flaws that can be worked around.

Room Essentials Format Frame - 8.5x11" (Black)
Room Essentials Format Frame - 8.5x11" (Black)
Offered by Tiger Specials
Price: $7.99
7 used & new from $4.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent!, October 20, 2012
I have about 12 or so of these, mostly in 8.5x11 size. While it is true that some of them did come damaged, the damage was very minor and isn't terribly noticeable once it's mounted. Usually it's just a chipped corner of the plastic frame or glass. Nothing that would stand out. They're very easy to load as well and I can't see how people have been shattering these things unless they were being truly careless. You're not going to find frames for cheaper than this and it's a good choice if you're buying in large amounts like I am in order to cover an entire wall with pictures (a budget home gallery).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3