Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Penny V. > Reviews

Browse

Penny V.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Penny V. "Bibliophile" RSS Feed (Sterling, CO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Texas Lonesome (McCutcheon Family Series Book 8)
Texas Lonesome (McCutcheon Family Series Book 8)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner In This Series, January 13, 2016
I loved this book as I have loved all of this author's books! She has several different series, but the stories of the McCutcheons are my favorite. I loved watching Dustin & Sidney fight their mutual attractions & fall in love. What made it more interesting is that their fathers used to be friends, but due to a long ago incident, they were now enemies. So it's not easy for the fathers to accept the relationship. Near the end of the book, we hear what really happened to cause this long standing feud.
The also some mystery & gun fighting involved.
This is a great book! This is the 8th book in an awesome series. I have loved every book in the series.
I received an ARC of this book in exchange of my unbiased review.

Under a Falling Star (A Prairie Hearts Novel Book 4)
Under a Falling Star (A Prairie Hearts Novel Book 4)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent As Always!, December 8, 2015
This was another her great book by one of my favorite authors, Caroline Fyffe! It's book 4 in her Prairie Hearts series. It starts off with action right away when a train derails due to some boulders on the track. The town bands together to rescue the wounded & care for them, while interrupting a wedding reception. I enjoyed reading about their rescue efforts, & the handling of the one million dollars that was being transported on the train.
I also loved reading about Sheriff Albert & Susanna's unfolding love story, & the secrets each was hiding. Then after the train wreck, there was the added attention of Dalton, who was one of the guards of the million dollars. He knew Susanna back in her hometown, & starts giving her attention, which causes jealousy from Sheriff Albert.
I loved this story, as I have loved every single book that this author has written! It kept my attention, & was hard to put down! I wanted to know if it would end as I hoped it would! I had actually preordered this book, but cancelled my order when I received an offer to read an ARC of this book. I love this author! She has several other series which are worth reading too!
Please note, I received an ARC of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my unbiased review.

Moon Over Montana (McCutcheon Family Series Book 5)
Moon Over Montana (McCutcheon Family Series Book 5)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wedding of Charity & Brandon, September 9, 2014
I love this series & anything else Caroline Fyffe writes! She is one of my favorite authors, so if she writes it, I read it! I loved reading about the days leading up to Brandon & Charity's wedding, & his trip to interview for a position as a marshal. I did wonder though when he left if he'd be back, & how it would play out if he got the job. I really enjoyed getting to meet Luke's half sister who is Cheyenne Indian. I wanted to tell her that the feelings she had towards her intended husband were love, or at least heading that way. Besides the wedding, one of my favorite parts was hearing about Clair's experience when she was kidnapped years ago by the Cheyenne Indians. It was also fun catching up with the rest of the McCutcheon's. Awesome book!! Caroline's writing is so good that once I start, it's hard to put the book down, but then it ends & I'm sad it's over.

Crocs Men's 14193 Duet SPT Flip-Flop,Varsity Blue/Light Grey,9 M US
Crocs Men's 14193 Duet SPT Flip-Flop,Varsity Blue/Light Grey,9 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Flip Flops!, June 6, 2013
I have been looking for some sort of sandals to wear for summer so I don't roast the piggies again this year! These are perfect! I'm hard to fit due to having big fat extremely wide & flat Fred Flinstone feet on this Wilma, plus with a bad back, even if the shoe fits, it often makes my back hurt. I have been wearing Crocs Duet Sport Clog for the past year, the only shoes I've been able to comfortably wear, so when I saw these, I decided to try them. These flip flops look really similar to the Sport Clog, so I was hoping that they'd feel like them too, & I think that they do. They're just a little less wide, & just a bit less cushiony, but they are very comfortable & wide enough for my 4E width feet without any overhang. I'm hoping they soften up more as I wear them like my clogs have, but even if they stay as they are right now, I'll keep them. The only problem is trying to get used to the toe post, but I can deal with it to be able to air out my piggies! Now please Crocs!! Keep making these & don't change the fit!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 11:35 PM PDT

Timbuk2 Dinner Jacket for Kindle with Viewing Stand and Hand Strap, Lola Floral/Mulberry Purple (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cover After Cutting Flap Off, December 2, 2012
I've had this Timbuk2 Dinner Jacket on my Kindle Touch now for about a year. I love, love, love it!! So much so, that I ordered one for my new Kindle Paper White, & my Granddaughter's Christmas Kindle. I love the coated cloth on the outside of the cover, it cleans up so easily with a damp cloth. My 4 corner straps are just as tight as when I received my cover, & hold my Kindle in place very securely. The Velcro on the outside closure strap is still like new. I also love how I can set the cover up as an easel so I can read while I'm eating my breakfast. Since Timbuk2 offers a lifetime warranty, you can't lose with this cover!
My only advice is to carefully cut the flap off which flips over the top of your hand strap to prevent it from scratching up your Kindle casing. I noticed that my Kindle Touch had developed fine scratches & a few black marks on the top of the casing. I called Timbuk2's customer service & the rep said he'd never heard of that happening, but I told him to check the reviews on Amazon, because I saw several reviews where the person had complained of it. He suggested that I cut the little flap off, which is about the size of a large postage stamp, & it flips over the top of the hand strap. Since this is only sewn on with one seam, do it very carefully with a pair of good sharp scissors, or something like a box cutter, after putting a piece of cardboard under it to prevent cutting the cover. Since it only has the one seam, I cut it really close to the seam, but not too close, in case the remaining flap ravelled some. After cutting it off, I realized that the flap was probably to keep the hand strap from coming loose if you put your hand behing the strap to use it. I tested it out though, & even with my hand in there & pulling it outwards, the strap stayed in place. Now my cover's perfect! No more scratches either!
BTW, the customer service rep did tell me that if cutting the flap off didn't fix the problem, they'd either do an exchange or get me a different cover.

crocs Unisex Duet Plus Clog
crocs Unisex Duet Plus Clog
Price: $44.99 - $69.95

2.0 out of 5 stars I Couldn't Wear These, April 18, 2012
I've been wearing Crocs now for 7 yrs. I have big flat wide feet, plus a severe back disorder, & the Beach Crocs worked perfectly for me! Then Crocs made them narrower & shorter, so they didn't fit me so well until I went up a size. Now Crocs has stopped making the Beach Crocs, so I've had to find a new style. I've tried the Classics, but I just don't care for them like I did the Beach Crocs. Some people don't realize either that Crocs has different places that the Crocs are manufactured, such as Boulder CO, Mexico, China, Italy, & Canada, & with each place they're manufactured, the shoes fit & feel different.
So in my quest to find a new Crocs style, I tried these, but I wasn't able to wear them. While the fit is similar to the Classics, with the extra durable sole on these, it hurt my back too much! I tried them on & had only walked about 10 ft when I found that they were killing my back & hips! I really liked the colors of the parrot green & white bottom, but the inside was not so cushy, & the sole was really hard! I need shoes that are supportive, which these are, but they have to "give" a little when I walk, which these didn't. BTW, my Podiatrist said that Crocs shoes were a good shoe to wear, & that they had a good arch support. I have found this to be true, & love Crocs, but I just can't wear this style. I hae tried the Crocs Duet Sport Clog & they are awesome!

crocs Unisex Duet Sport Clog
crocs Unisex Duet Sport Clog
Price: $44.95 - $94.95

5.0 out of 5 stars SO COMFORTABLE!! LOVE THEM!, April 18, 2012
I have been wearing Crocs since 2005, & I just bought my 35th pair, as near as I can figure, so I know what I'm talking about. These Crocs are my favorite pair ever! They are so soft & comfy inside with an excellent arch support, & a very supportive sole. I'm in love! It took me a few tries to get my size right, but I've figured out these are true to size for the length, & the width is more like the original Beach Crocs were before Crocs changed their fit & made them narrower & shorter. They may be just a little bit less wide than the original Crocs, but they're pretty close. That makes them perfect for these big fat, flat, & wide Fred Flinstone feet! So I'm wearing them in the woman's size 12/ men's 10 which is the size I wear in my sneakers. I wear a 4E width in most New Balance shoes. In the Cayman Crocs, now called the Classics, I wear a men's 11. So I'd suggest going with your normal shoe size for a perfect fit. On the Croc's website, they suggest sizing down if you wear a half size. Try these! I hope you love them like I do!! Now if Crocs would just get more of a color selection, I'd be happy as a clam! Whoever thought up the white on top with green on the bottom was thinking backwards! They should have reversed it & I'd be buying pair #36!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2015 11:57 AM PDT

Hugo Mobility Quadpod Offset Cane with Ultra Stable Cane Tip, Aquamarine
Hugo Mobility Quadpod Offset Cane with Ultra Stable Cane Tip, Aquamarine
Price: $23.46
7 used & new from $23.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love My Quadpod Canes!, February 23, 2012
I now have 2 of these canes. I keep one in my van, & use the other in the house. Due to a severe back disorder, I often need a mobility aid. I have a rollator walker that I use for long distance walking, & a couple of offset single tip canes. I never felt very supported or secure with the single tip canes, so I would always use my rollator if I wasn't able to get a shopping cart to assist me. On occasion, we'd go off & forget my walker, so I'd end up pushing my granddaughter's stroller, or just not go to the place where I couldn't get a shopping cart, like the mall. Now I keep one of my new quadpod canes in my van, so I'm always prepared!
The quadpod cane is so stable & supportive! I hated my single tip cane, but I'd use it if my rollator wasn't available, or if the store was really small with narrow aisles, but I just never felt supported enough. Not anymore with my quadpod cane! In fact there are times now when I'd have used my rollator in the past, but I now use my quadpod cane. I had tried out a regular quadcane in the store, & while I liked the stability, I didn't like the look of the cane. It's been hard enough using these devices since I was 36 yrs old, that I didn't want to have to use something that you usually see an elderly stroke victim using.
I'm not a little lightweight person either, but my cane has been able to hold me up several times when my leg buckled while I was walking. I've never felt like this cane isn't substancial enough for me either. It's light in weight, but feels as if you're leaning on something big & solid. My canes came preassembled, with wrapping around the shaft, & inside a plastic bag. There are 12 height settings. It's so easy to adjust the height too! Just unscrew the little collar at the base of the cane, push in the button, & raise or lower the cane shaft to your preferred setting. Then screw the collar closed. The cane has a nice comfortable handle with a strap hanging from it which has a reflective strip on it.
I don't know what more can be said about the cane other than to give it a try! I've never had the quadpod come off, it's on there very securely. I have accidentally kicked it! It didn't hurt like the quad cane would have because the quadpod's base is made out of a hard rubbery type material. I have both of my canes in this pretty bright aquamarine color. I'd have preferred one in grape purple, or a nice bright pretty pink, but sadly it only comes in this turquoise color, called aquamarine, smoke, & black. It's nice to be able to set the cane beside you, let go, & not have it crash to the ground either! The only place that doesn't work so well is on carpeting, but I just lean it against something then.
I have tested my cane on a number of different walking surfaces from carpeting to cement, & yesterday in soft wet soil at a cemetary, & it's done well at all places. In the wet soil, I thought I'd have to clean out the bottom, but there was nothing to clean out! So if you're looking at this cane, try it! You won't regret it! I predict you'll come to love your's just as much as I love mine! Oh, & be sure to put your name on it in permanent marker or it may just come up missing since it's such an awesome cane!! :o)
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 2:56 PM PST

The Virgin Diaries
The Virgin Diaries
by Kimberley A. Johnson
Price: $12.95
19 used & new from $3.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I Would Have Loved Reading This 30 Yrs Ago!, August 19, 2010
This review is from: The Virgin Diaries (Paperback)
I was given a copy of this after seeing an offer by one of the authors on a website. I'd never heard of the book prior to that, so I looked on Amazon at reviews & the book description & decided that it sounded interesting & I wanted to read it. When I received the book I read it cover to cover. I got pretty bored with the book about halfway thru it, I mean how much variation is there in people's 1st sex experience? For some there's differences, but for most people it's all pretty similar, we're excited that we're doing it, we can't believe it's happening, it's not exactly how we imagined it would happen, & then we want to go tell somebody!
I think this book would have been really interesting to me back in the days when I was still a virgin. Then I would have devoured it & probably read it numerous times! I think this is a good book for those who have yet to become sexually active, the virgins, & for possibly parents wanting to discuss it with their teens, & also those who have just become sexually active would probably find it really interesting. If I could read it over again, I would read it in small increments so that I didn't get bored. It really is pretty interesting, but as I've said, at my age, I don't really want to read 72 essays about people's 1st sexual experience!

Precision Clean Oral-B Vitality Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Precision Clean Oral-B Vitality Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Had The Best Dental Checkup Of My Life!, June 24, 2010
I've been using my Oral B Vitality toothbrush for just over 6 months. I just had my 1st dental exam after using it, & it was the best ever! My dentist said my gums have never looked better, I didn't have to have ANY cleaning at all!! They just did my exam & polished my teeth. When I asked about the cleaning, the hygienist said I didn't need any cleaning because I did not have anything to be cleaned off! WOW! I love how the heads on the brush have bristles that stick out further on the outer row to get your gumline & between your teeth cleaned. It also has a 2 minute timer which doesn't reset itself if you stop for a few seconds to spit. I love this toothbrush & I hope Oral B never stops carrying it. I started using it after my previous brand's heads became harder & harder to find, & the price kept going up to almost $8/head! I called Oral B customer service & was referred to this brush. The rep said that this brush head only goes around & doesn't pulsate, so it's easier on your teeth. I had used a more expensive Oral B model for a few years, but it was just too hard on my teeth, & they became super sensitive. That's not the case with the brush. I love it! The Amazon price can't be beat either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3