Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3/S2, HTC One - Frustration Free Packaging - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Third Time Is The Charm!, August 27, 2014
Third time is the charm! The iOttie is the third car cradle I've bought for my I Phone 4S in about as many weeks! First one was from Walmart, will I ever learn? Absolutely no suction and that is a real problem in Louisiana in August, believe me! The thing would go flying off the windshield with no notice! I know I have a bit of a lead foot during take off but hey, seriously? Then I decided to be a discerning shopper and scour the reviews on Amazon. After a very well done video recommendation for the Aukey, I ordered that. Arrrrrr! One of the arms that was supposed to hold the phone wouldn't move inward from the beginning! Back to the reviews and decided on this little beauty. Wow! Unbelievable suction, standing up to the August heat just great! And that One Touch installation is the bomb! The reviews raved about this feature and I wasn't really sure what they were talking about until I placed my phone in the cradle, it actually grabbed it and the arms snapped shut automatically! One hand is all you need and this baby has your phone in a super strong grip that stays! So if you want a phone cradle that works, the iOttie is what you are looking for!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and Disposable, What More Could You Want?!?, May 24, 2014
I love to entertain and create beautiful tablescapes so over the years I have collected a variety of placemats in a variety of colors and styles. They are beautiful but every one of them presents challenges in keeping them clean. Plus, when you need 10 in every set as I do, the cost can be considerable. Imagine my delight when looking for placemats to go with my new black tablecloth, I discovered these! Absolutely great in every way, beautiful, elegant, sturdy (you would never guess they are paper just to look at them) affordable, easy to store in their tablet form, and the best part, when they get soiled simply throw them away and rip a new one off of the tablet! Love them!

Premium Heavy Gauge Barbeque Grill Cover 24" x 58"
Premium Heavy Gauge Barbeque Grill Cover 24" x 58"
Offered by Unicoi Sales
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value!, November 6, 2013
After looking at a number of these covers online, I had to admit that I was skeptical that I would get high quality for such a reasonable price. Boy, was I ever surprised! This would be a great product at twice the price! The fabric is indeed heavy gauge as promised, perfect for protecting the grill from everything the Louisiana weather can throw at it. It is both wide enough and long enough to cover the whole grill. But the best part is, one of the main reasons I wanted a cover was because the grill is visible through large floor to ceiling windows in our living room and I am thrilled to say that the fabric in addition to being highly functional is also very attractive, making it just the camouflage I was looking for! And you can make it an even better bargain by signing up for Amazon Prime and get free two day shipping on all Prime products! Love me some Amazon Prime!

Dotz Cord Catcher for Cord and Cable Management, Black (DCC40M-CK)
Dotz Cord Catcher for Cord and Cable Management, Black (DCC40M-CK)
Price: $10.57
23 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Even Worth The Cheap Price!, July 31, 2013
What a completely useless item! It is supposed to do two simply things: stay in place on a flat surface and hold up to 4 charger cords. Guess what? It does NEITHER! It doesn't stick to anything and not one of my three difference cord charges would stay in it. Total waste of time and money. Probably have to pay a third of the cost mailing it back...thanks goodness for Amazon Prime and free shipping or I would be out two shipping charges.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, Book 1)
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, Book 1)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $11.16
578 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I Am Obsessed!, May 8, 2013
Hunger Games was like a bag of warm chocolate chip cookies to me! I literally devoured it like I was starving. I saw the movie first and really loved it but then my 12 year old grandson (that's right, I am about as far from being a Young Adult Reader as you can get) told me that I simply had to read the book...it's GREAT, Nana, he said! And he was oh so right. The story is simply gripping, the characters and settings are so real but deliciously fantastical at the same time! All the time I was reading it I was completely immersed in the story but at the same time marveling at the creative genius of Susan Collins. I mean how many authors can write with such skill that they can make you cry out, gasp, even weep when you already know exactly what is going to happen on every single page! Absolutely the best read I have had in a long time...cannot wait to start Catching Fire and then Mockingjay! Susan Collins and Katniss Everdeen...I LOVE YOU!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2013 7:39 PM PDT

Butterfly in the Typewriter: The Tragic Life of John Kennedy Toole and the Remarkable Story of A Confederacy of Dunces
by Cory MacLauchlin
40 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Brilliant!, August 16, 2012
Although I am hardly ever at a loss for words, It is difficult to find sufficient superlatives for this work. This book was suggested to me by a friend who knew of my personal relationship with Toole and was very anxious to know how I felt about it. As a student of Toole's, an interviewer of his mother, Thelma and an actor who portrayed Irene Reilly in one of the few stage adaptations of Confederacy, I was simply dumbfounded that the author could so precisely describe people who died before he was born or shortly thereafter. It just did not seem possible that such accurate descriptions could come basically through hearsay. This is surely one of the most thoroughly and carefully researched biographies ever written. But the accomplishment is not merely the result of exhaustive research, it is the almost unbelievable ability of the author to take the research and create fully-formed, multi-dimensional human beings...real human beings that he never met! Human beings that as a personal acquaintence, I recognized immediately and never once found a single word that did not ring true.

If you want to get to know the brilliant author of Confederacy of Dunces, his unique mother, and the whole tragic story of how this this beloved novel came to be, all will be revealed to you in this amazing work. Take it from one who knows, Ken and Thelma Toole and Confederacy of Dunces are alive today and living in Cory McLauchlin's Butterfly in the Typewriter.