Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Profile for D. Blumenthal > Reviews

Browse

D. Blumenthal's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Blumenthal "dB" RSS Feed (NC, USA)

Diono Radian RXT Car Seat with Free Carrying Case - Shadow
Diono Radian RXT Car Seat with Free Carrying Case - Shadow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Car Seat!, January 10, 2013
This is our second Radian RXT to install in my vehicle since the first is installed in my husband's since we take his most often as a family. We absolutely love this seat and purchased it after I had used one with my best friend's baby last year. What we like best about it is the strong metal construction and how reinforced it is from a side impact as well. There are other well rated baby seats, but this one has structural support that really does protect securely. What finally sold me on this seat rather than the top rated Britax is that there is a story about a parking garage in Atlanta that collapsed, flattening all the vehicles inside it to pancakes... except for one that had this carseat installed in it- the roof of that vehicle only collapsed as far as the top of the carseat because it was strong enough not to be flattened. I love that the seat would have protected an occupant in that instance had there been one.

A couple other really cool features of this seat:
- it will fit 3 wide in small and midsize vehicles, which also allows more comfort for passengers riding beside an installed carseat
- it really is the "only carseat" we will need for our baby since it starts rear-facing, then can do forward facing, and convert to a booster.
-it travels well, with a bag, or carry strap
-it uses "super latch" which is a stronger, better rated latch than is standard on most carseats.

There aren't any "cons" in my mind, the only thing I will say is be forewarned: this is not a lightweight seat. It is heavy, which is a reflection of the metal support structure!

Zyliss Dial N' Slice Cheese Slicer
Zyliss Dial N' Slice Cheese Slicer
Price: $11.70
16 used & new from $10.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use- buy somthing different, August 21, 2012
I bought this cheese slicer because I like very thinly sliced cheese to eat on crackers. Often I'm attempting to cut fairly soft cheese such as an inexpensive medium cheddar. The people who have already rated this for hard cheeses say that it crumbles the end of every slice, and mention it might work better on soft cheese - WELL - it doesn't. Basically the cheddar sticks to the flat surface of the slicer as you try to slice and makes it very difficult. It also breaks off large chunks at the end of every slice (thicker than the width you're slicing). I highly recommend a cheese knife like this one instead - I used one at a friend's home and its AMAZING: Kuchenprofi Parma Cheese Knife in 18/10 Stainless Steel (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C8T6U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER)

The Pampered Chef Egg Separator #1187
The Pampered Chef Egg Separator #1187
Offered by Bellita's
Price: $17.57
16 used & new from $12.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, February 8, 2010
My wife has been wanting one for years, and I finally got it for her and she is jacked! Now the yolks won't "slip out" like with the other separators. This one is far superior!

bell 2 pack 00440
bell 2 pack 00440
Offered by Quality Distributing LLC
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Could be More Adjustable, February 8, 2010
This review is from: bell 2 pack 00440
I don't know why the 2007 Honda Fit doesn't even have a mirror on the passenger side. So we needed this so my wife can do her makeup while I am driving. Works great. 4AA batteries easily installed. Instructions good. We bought 2 because they are cheap so I didn't want to have to pay shipping twice in case we had issues, but I don't anticipate any. The Honda Fit is a small car, so it was hard to get this to fit on the visor. It will NOT work in our car with a pen in the pen holder.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay Nalgenet Yay Stainless, February 8, 2010
Well, stainless is a product that is said to not cause any harmful effects. We will see what the 'scientists' say in the next 5-10 years.

Plastic is said to not be safe for hot liquids or at all any more. Go figure since everything we have is plastic!
Aluminum bottles typically contain plastic linings on the inside of the aluminum, so they are not safe from plastic woes and should not be used with hot liquids.
We got rid of our BPA-riddled Nalgene bottles (recycled), and then found out about the Aluminum-plastic issue and we want to take hot liquids. Also, we have a case Nalgene Cool Stuff Neoprene Carrier 32 oz for the outside of the Nalgene from the plastic-bottle days, so that's nice. Also the tapered edge means that this bottle fits in our Honda Fit or our Toyota 4Runner. Yay! Additionally, we can use the sippy tops that we used with the original Nalgenes Guyot Designs SplashGuard-Universal

Great product. Exactly what we wanted. So we got 2!

AppleCare Protection Plan (For Portable Apple Computers 15 Inches and Above) OLD VERSION
Offered by ADVANCITY
Price: $287.00
5 used & new from $224.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Applecare is Necessary but Beware of This Product, February 8, 2010
I am in North Carolina and ordered this product. I don't know if there is issue with NC, but there is no warning on this.

If you own an Apple product, you owe it to yourself to get the 3-year warranty with AppleCare. Don't make the same mistake my sister-in-law did! She had to replace an iMac that was 14 months old (weird since I own 2 and never had trouble).

However this product may or may not work. The seller did not ship me anything, but gave me a number over email to register the product online. This failed. When contacted, Advancity (the seller) told me to call AppleCare Support to get it registered. 30 minutes of wasted time later, and Apple says that I have to get a refund.

Buyer beware of this product from this seller!