Profile for Monsieur Mouton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Monsieur Mouton "M. Montgomery" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Levi's Men's 541 Athletic Straight Fit Jean
Levi's Men's 541 Athletic Straight Fit Jean
Price: $36.99 - $68.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Shrinks!, February 7, 2015
I got a pair of the dark blue denim 540s at the Levi's store. I loved the fit when I tried them on. I've always had an extremely hard time with jeans because I have pretty muscular legs (biking and squats), so I was pretty excited to find something that didn't look hopelessly unstylish but still fit. They're a bit baggier in the thigh than the 508s, which I appreciated, but they maintain the narrow taper around the ankle. They look less like "slim" or "skinny" jeans than the 508s, but they don't come off as extremely baggy either. Pretty cool.

With that said, these shrank so much in the wash that I feel like I could've just bought a pair of skinny 511s. The people working at the Levis shop told me the 541s wouldn't shrink, but they definitely will--unless my legs doubled in size in less than a week. I'm now left with a pair of jeans that look like painted on girl's pants. Waste of money. Very disappointed.

Get these only if you're careful enough to avoid machine drying them. Hopefully an air dry will keep them in proper shape.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2015 7:29 PM PDT

Scivation Xtend Explosion Weight Loss Formula, Blue Rasberry, 30 Servings
Scivation Xtend Explosion Weight Loss Formula, Blue Rasberry, 30 Servings
Offered by HAPPY-DEALS
Price: $30.88
6 used & new from $25.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish there was a non-artifical sweetener alternative., October 16, 2014
I used to use this quite a lot when doing very long sessions of weight training. I liked the stuff—I felt like I endured longer once I incorporated Xtend into my routine and enjoyed most of the flavors—but I stopped using it once I realized Acesulfame potassium was one of the ingredients. I am suspicious of most artificial sweeteners, and while I know nothing has been absolutely been confirmed about their effects, I am not willing to gamble. Moreover, if claims are correct about Acesulfame inhibiting metabolism then it's use as the primary sweetener counters one of the greatest reasons to use Xtend. From now on I just get my BAAC from pills and find other ways to get the benefits of Xtend. It's less convenient, but I feel more confident I'm not taking a possible health risk.

Men's Nike Zoom Pegasus 31 Running Shoe Space Blue/Hyper Crimson/Volt/Black Size 10 M US
Offered by Sneakerguy
Price: $109.99
2 used & new from $109.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Maintains the quality of past Pegasus, October 11, 2014
So far I'm enjoying my new Pegasus 31. I'd had a 27 I'd run into the ground, which I replaced with a 29. Both models took a beating but retained their plush feeling bounce for a long time. I've not run a great deal on my 31s yet, but I've noted a few differences. They are narrower, more rigid, and seem to emphasize stability less for speed. They still feel great on my feet, but they are not as pillowy as past models—which is okay for me but might bum out longtime fans.

Every Man Jack Citrus Scrub Body Wash, 16.9 Ounce -- 1 each.
Every Man Jack Citrus Scrub Body Wash, 16.9 Ounce -- 1 each.
Offered by Platinum Style
Price: $7.58
4 used & new from $7.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all-natural show wash, but crummy bottle., June 11, 2014
I've bought this twice before. Every Man Jack makes a great line of products and I buy from them routinely. There's nothing too difficult to pronounce in the ingredient list, no meaningless promises of making you look a thousand times more attractive, and the products themselves smell and feel great. I used to use the sandalwood soap for a long time until I made the switch to the citrus bodywash. The citrus scrub has little beads in it that help exfoliate and get grime off, the smell is fresh, clean, and strong enough to hold for awhile afterwards without being overpowering. My only gripe is that the bottle itself doesn't seem right for the product. The soap comes out way too easily and I tend to get more than I actually need with even the slightest squeeze. It's runny stuff and the bottle doesn't hold it in very well. On another occasion the cap broke off easily after the gym and started to leak into my backpack. I will get Every Man Jack body wash again, but I'll be putting it in my own squeeze bottle next time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2014 11:34 AM PDT

Timberland Men's Brown Burnished Full Grain Heritage 6 Premium Boot 10 D(M) US
Timberland Men's Brown Burnished Full Grain Heritage 6 Premium Boot 10 D(M) US
Offered by NY Top Brands, Inc.
Price: $189.99
3 used & new from $189.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible fit, loose and too tight all at the same time., December 24, 2013
I love the way these look and that they're waterproof. But there's nothing else redeeming about them.

I did my research and purchased these undersized—they were still way too big. Worse than just being too large, they also were too tight around the arch and ankle. They're just poorly built. I tried breaking them in, wearing thick and thin socks, putting different insoles in them, and nothing resolved these boot's terrible fit. They also seriously messed up my feet. They're stiff and loose in the heel and toe, slapping against the bottom of my feet whenever I took a step during casual walks---by the end of the day my shins ached like I'd been hitting the pavement after a marathon. Putting insoles in them really messed up my right ankle. I would never, ever recommend using these for the purpose I bought them for: hiking. At best these are fashion pieces.

I hated feeling like I wasted so much time and money in a pair of boots, but I bought something else and was infinitely more happy with my purchase—I just got done walking a day-long hike with them, something I could never imagine doing with my Timberlands. I will never purchase a Timberland product again and strongly encourage people to try them on first and really make sure they fit before ordering them online.

BlenderBottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28-ounce, Clear/Blue
BlenderBottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28-ounce, Clear/Blue
Offered by ROCKLAND SUPPLEMENTS
Price: $9.39
15 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product; be diligent about cleaning it., December 4, 2013
This delivers what it promises: it's portable, it's durable, and it mixes up your power. But make sure to clean this sucker right away. The plastic absorbs odor and possibly the worse thing to smell and taste in your next shake is rancid milk.

The Fires of the Gods (A Sugawara Akitada Mystery)
The Fires of the Gods (A Sugawara Akitada Mystery)
by I. J. Parker
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch continuation of the Akitada series., June 16, 2011
I.J. Parker continues to demonstrate her skill at weaving stories of intrigue with intensely vivid settings and characters. "Fires of the Gods" is a satisfying follow-up to "The Masuda Affair,"involving Akitada defending his position from an unknown antagonist, Toru pursuing a rash of fires many believed are being perpetrated by angry gods, and the sudden death of a high official. Those who have followed the series will be pleased to see the full cast make a return. Highly recommended--here's hoping Parker keeps writing more Akitada books.

The Masuda Affair (A Sugawara Akitada Mystery)
The Masuda Affair (A Sugawara Akitada Mystery)
by I. J. Parker
42 used & new from $0.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Akitada yet!, January 14, 2011
I.J. Parker's characters and plots have only grown more rich and enjoyable with each new installment. "The Masuda Affair," the seventh novel in the Sugawara Akitada series, may be the best yet. There was much to be resolved from the previous novel, in particular the aftermath of a smallpox outbreak. I was pleased to find Parker not only settle the lingering consequences of "The Convict's Sword," but to also buoy the series with some new and very welcome cheerfulness. Parker did right by the characters and her readers in "Masuda," and no fan will be disappointed. Akitada's poignant mystery--a lost child, a dead courtesan, and the shadowy interests of the noble families--weave together to a satisfying and lucid conclusion. I finished "Masuda" quickly, enjoying every bit, and was sad to reach its end. I'm eagerly waiting for the next release!

The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party's Revolution and the Battle over American History (The Public Square)
by Jill Lepore
94 used & new from $0.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Presentism in American Politics, January 3, 2011
Some might be mislead by the title of Jill Lepore's book. The focus is not on the Tea Party, but on the recurring trend for historical fundamentalism and presentism in the United States. Today's Tea Party is only the most recent reiteration. The Tea Party, like other radical groups before them (Left and Right, as Lepore explains), invokes the Founding Fathers and the Revolution to defend and popularize their ideology. They believe that a public option in American health care is analogous to 1774's Intolerable Acts, that George Washington would lead the Tea Party charge if he were alive today, and that the Constitution is divinely inspired, inflexible, and to be interpreted in only their fashion.

Lepore spends most of her work in describing how complicated the Founding Fathers, the Boston Tea Party, and the Revolution truly were. The experience of early Americans was markedly different from that of Americans today; they faced conflicts and a culture unique to their times. In addition, their views on the matters of their day were not homogeneous or lacking in complexity. As much as Tea Parties may wax romantic over the days of the early Republic, they were not idyllic times. To link their modern circumstances and political ideology with that of the early Americans, the Tea Party must forcibly ignore, alter, or whitewash the realities of the past. Lepore does not suggest that one cannot learn from the past--quite the opposite--but that a historical perspective must be drawn carefully, with a realization that times gone are rife with their own particularities.

A brief, but informative book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2011 7:48 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible durability., December 6, 2010
I walk, run, and bike just about everywhere. Having a reliable pair of shoes that can hold up on pavement, mud, and muck is a must. When I received my Merrels, I was impressed by the snug fit, the flexible material, and the level of traction I could hold even when running down paths slick with wet dirt and gravel. But the soles wore out within months, giving way to bald spots on the treads that made them no better than a pair of basketball sneakers for trail hiking. A few months later, large holes developed on the outside canvas and the shoes actually started to come apart. They are now useless against moisture, as any water--rain or pond--seeps immediately through the growing rents on both shoes. I have had many pairs of shoes in my lifetime, and admittedly I use them hard, but these couldn't even last half a year without totally falling apart. I've purchased better shoes at less than half the price! I will not be buying a Merrino brand product again.
Shoddy and overpriced; these shoes are not meant for active people.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5