Profile for K. Piper-Fangman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Piper-Fangman RSS Feed (Yuma, Az)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lucky Ducks
Lucky Ducks
Offered by Heartlands Best Buys
Price: $39.99
10 used & new from $19.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, But guaranteed to give mom a headache, May 31, 2010
This review is from: Lucky Ducks (Toy)
Picked this game up for my daughter at a garage sale for $1. She's 2 and LOVES it. However, there is no real off switch of than yanking out the batteries. This thing will just keep in quacking, even if you push the off button. Despite that, she really likes it, and as soon as your kid knows the colors red, yellow, green and blue, this game is right.

I gave it a 4 because it really needs to have a better on and off switch so that i don't have to take out the batteries each time, so that it won't start quacking on the shelf and wake my daughter up from a nap.

Wilton Choo-Choo Train Set
Wilton Choo-Choo Train Set
Price: $11.84
77 used & new from $6.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other wilton pans, May 21, 2010
I purchased this pan for my daughters second birthday cake. Last year I bought the giant cupcake pan and that was very easy to use! Not so much with this pan! Its the night before my daughters party and I am on my second train cake, using a wilton recipe, and the darn thing is not cooking as directed! the silly inadequate instructions that came inside the pan turned out to not be the same ones on the wilton website. Looks like Im going to have to bake a 3rd one tonight, and Im not thrilled. I am an experienced baker, and this is ridiculous! If you buy this pan make sure you use these instructions [...] not the one in the pan!

ALEX Toys Little Hands Farm Finger Crayons
ALEX Toys Little Hands Farm Finger Crayons
Offered by Best Service Stores
Price: $14.13
14 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for stacking, not for coloring, May 14, 2010
My daughter just got these as a birthday gift, and they are so adorable. However, man are they hard to color with! She spent an hour stacking and reorganizing them, but when we went to color with them you really need to press hard to get any sort of color to come out on the paper. The light colors are the worst! AS far as stacking goes, they are tons of fun, my daughter thinks that they are finger puppets too

Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine
Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine
by Herman Parish
Price: $14.41
76 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amelia Bedelia for a new generation, April 14, 2010
For starters we have a 2 year old "Amelia" of our own in this house, and we have been collecting Amelia Bedelia books for her since we chose her name. This past valentines we found this book and brought it home. We love it. The story is cute and a lot more relate-able than a maid in a uniform for kids. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Amelia Bedelia books, but making Amelia a little girl was a stroke of genius. Its a cute story, and I can't wait to add more as Herman Parish writes them.

American Plastic Toy On the Go Stroller
American Plastic Toy On the Go Stroller
Price: $17.99
22 used & new from $14.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A best buy for the money, November 15, 2009
I purchased this at my local walmart for my 18 month old daughter for a whopping $10. For $10 I didn't have high expectations. Yes there are a lot of parts and you have to punch them out, but assembly was under 15 min. The parts are a little sharp where you had to twist them apart, but if that really bothers you, you can clip them, and take a dremel to it really fast. My daughter loves this. We bought it primarily for the cradle portion, because we needed a baby bed. She totes it around all the time with her babies in it (often multiple). The Stroller is also popular, and she has no problem tossing her babies in and dragging them around both as a carriage and regular stroller. One reviewer mentioned that the babies fall out, and we have not run into this as a problem. I think they might have put it together incorrectly. We have a Baby Stella, and fisher Price Little Mommy doll that fit in here no problem, as does my vintage My child doll.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for All, November 14, 2009
I bought this toy spur of the moment in the POrtland Airport for my then 14 month old daughter to entertain her on the plane to Phoenix. I had no clue that it would be such a hit. She played with it for almost an hour the first time, and has consistently been a go to toy that she pulls out every day. She had a little difficulty opening the egg carton at first, but now she can do it. She loves to make the chicks "cheep", and to take them in and out and put the tops on and off. She has even discovered that they fit in the newer little people toys (the base is small enough to fit in the chairs in her house)... In all this has been a great toy and one I count on to slip in her diaper bag to take with us to friend's houses who don't have kids. I can usually guarantee its something she'll play with happily for an extended time. Anyone who has a toddler knows that's a huge battle! I will be purchasing this for my niece for Christmas as well as she is one month older than my daughter. This toy is great because there are an infite ways that it can be played with which is very important developmentally.

Anatomy & Physiology for Speech, Language, and Hearing
Anatomy & Physiology for Speech, Language, and Hearing
by John A. Seikel
Price: $224.16
141 used & new from $40.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Textbook, CDs not Mac compatible, September 1, 2009
I am just barely begining to use this textbook in my speech pathology courses, but I do have one major complaint. The software, Anatesse, and studywares are not mac compatible. I was able to get the studywares cd to work on my mac by testing it out on a trial version of crossover mac, but the anatesse only shows the uninstall file..... Very annoying. No where on any of the info does it say what operating system is required. In addition on of my classmates is having issues running it on vista as well.... Fortunatly Seikel the main author is the head of the department I am in so I will be able to complain to someone.....
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 8:52 PM PST

Spark by Skip Hop Diaper Bag - Pink Circle
Spark by Skip Hop Diaper Bag - Pink Circle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as a REAL skip hop, July 15, 2009
I purchased this bag as my second second expecting the same quality. My first bag, is skip hop dash. this bag is not the same quality at all The changing pad is inferior (smaller and the seams frayed and ripped), and the interior pockets are stretched and starting to pull so that it will soon be ripped. I say spend a little bit more and get a real skip hop duo, not their inferior knock off.

On the other hand, i love my dash, but while I was nursing it just was too hard to fit in nursing cover up and all of the other stuff new moms stick in diaper bags and get the flap over. My next bag will be a duo double! The quality is excellent, and they have a key fob in the bag unlike the spark ones...

I do love my spark version of the pronto (changing pad, pouch and wipes holder) however

Manhattan Toy Baby Stella Peach Soft Nurturing First Baby Doll
Manhattan Toy Baby Stella Peach Soft Nurturing First Baby Doll
Price: $34.99
12 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love Stella!, May 22, 2009
My daughter is now one and just starting to really get into dolls. we bought Stella when she was 8 months old, and she really didn't pay much attention to her. Now she Loves stella, she'll hug her and take her in and out of her dolly stroller. I havent given her the pacifier yet because I don't want to lose it.

We like stella so much that we bought one for my cousins little girl, along with the stella backpack. Stella is soft, and snuggly, and I love her little tuft of hair! Most of all, Stella is not creepy looking, as many dolls are, and I love her velvety soft skin.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 7:27 AM PST

Fish Kisses: a Bedtime Story
Fish Kisses: a Bedtime Story
by Marianne Richmond
Edition: Board book
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Bedtime Book, May 22, 2009
We got this for my daughter when she was 7 months old and it is by far her favorite bedtime book. We read it every night along with the going to bed book, but she still gets excited about Fish kisses.... We make all of the animal noises and pick how we say good night by whatever animal she touches first on the last page, or which page she decides to open too. She loves this book sooo much that she will sit there and flip through the pages on her own for a while when it isn't bed time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3