Profile for Hunter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hunter RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
Everly Grey Womens Maternity Jane Dress
Everly Grey Womens Maternity Jane Dress

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, July 30, 2012
This dress is so cheap and flimsy looking. It's thin, has no shape, very unflattering, and is totally uncomfortable. The ribbon doesn't stay tied because the fabric is so slippery, and this is the only closure! Because it is a one-shoulder style, there is no way to wear a maternity bra with this, and I was stuck with a regular single-strap bra, which was also uncomfortable. I was unable to return the dress and just donated it instead. Maybe I should have thrown it away, since I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's totally not worth the money at all.

Baby Brezza Food Processor Cleaning Brush 2-pack
Baby Brezza Food Processor Cleaning Brush 2-pack
3 used & new from $17.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for bottle-cleaning, February 4, 2012
I received these brushes as a gift, but I have never used them to clean the brezza unit. Instead, I find they work extremely well for cleaning bottle nipples: they really get into the little grooves and the tips. They work well in cleaning the bottles, too. So far, they have been very durable, too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cutting board!, February 4, 2012
I am really impressed with this cutting board. As first I thought I wouldn't like it much (it was a gift). But, I have found I really like using it. The hole is really helpful for putting the food into the brezza unit or blender. I really like the grooves, too, because they really make cutting the fruit so much simpler. The nonskid bottom really works well, too. It's now one of my favorite kitchen items.

Lambs & Ivy Jumbo Lamp w/Shade & Bulb
Lambs & Ivy Jumbo Lamp w/Shade & Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutest Little Elephant Lamp, October 26, 2011
We love elephants in this family. So I bought my daughter the pink version of this light for her second birthday, and she just loves it. We then got the blue one for my son before he was born. I currently have both of them set up in the kids' room, and they look great together. They complement each other really nicely. My daughter loves to turn them both on when we go in the room. Very good lighting for being small lamps. I liked that the light bulb came with the lamp, and it was ready to go out of the box. They are easy to wipe clean with a damp rag, which is also a huge plus for me. The only down side was that they were a bit pricey. But, we plan to keep them for a long time, so they were a worthwhile investment for us.

Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap, Blackbird, Size One
Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap, Blackbird, Size One
Price: $12.99
9 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Thirsties!, October 26, 2011
I decided to do the EC method with my son when he was two months old. The disposable diapers wouldn't refasten well after I took them off 2 or 3 times, so I needed another type of cover for him. I decided to try this one, based on the reviews and Amazon's recommendation. I am so impressed! I have recently stopped using disposables altogether, and only line these with a folded burp cloth or wash cloth in case of any misses. I love the snaps. Such a relief after struggling with the Velcro or tape or whatever those fasteners are called on the disposable diapers. My son has not had any rashes since we have started EC. I recently bought a size 2 Thirsties in anticipation of my son's outgrowing the size 1. Currently, he is just over 15 lbs., and I'm using both of them. Neither one has ever leaked on me, but I have only had single wet misses, and only one small stool. At the end of the day, I just rinse them out and hang them to dry. I think these are very cute and stylish, too. I have the shades "Ocean" and "Storm." I would highly recommend these, even though I don't truly do the cloth diaper method. They work well for my EC method. No more disposables. I will be buying a couple of more of these for my next babies to use as well. I am very pleased.

Baby Trend Single Snap N Go Stroller Frame, Black
Baby Trend Single Snap N Go Stroller Frame, Black
Offered by Boston Bella Baby LLC
Price: $75.25
3 used & new from $75.25

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Snap N' Go stroller!, October 12, 2011
I never wanted one of these little "bucket holders" with my first child. I thought it would break. When my second child came along, we got the double strollers, also Baby Trend, one duo front-to-back with the jump seat rider and one double-ride jogger. Both are good for different purposes. I decided to get this Snap N' Go stroller because it was available for a low price, and I thought it might work 2-3 times while my son still fit in the carrier, because my daughter has been wanting to walk instead of ride. Wow, was I wrong about it! It is well-made, and SO convenient. It is extremely light and sturdy. I can fold and lift it into the trunk with one hand. The carrier snaps on and off easily, and feels very secure. There is also an extra strap for security, too. The basket is very spacious and holds my diaper bags and purse (neither of which are small, with two kids) easily! I have to take the carrier off to get to the bags, but it's not been any big deal for us. I love the cup holders and the little compartment holds my keys and cell phone perfectly. I have taken it to the L.A. County Fair, and malls, and museums, and it gets used daily--which I never thought would happen. My other two strollers are collecting dust, for now. At least until my baby is out of the carrier, because I just don't have a need for them now. I never would have guessed this little thing would work so well for us. Who knew? I highly recommend this Snap N' Go stroller.

JJ Cole Nursing Cover, Blue Vine
JJ Cole Nursing Cover, Blue Vine

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Nursing Cover, September 30, 2011
I love this cover. It works really well for nursing in public. The sides provide excellent coverage, which is not true of other brands' covers. I can switch my baby from one side to the other and not have any issues with exposure. I really like how I can see my baby while nursing him. The fabric is lightweight but opaque, so I am comfortable wearing it outdoors, even in the hot California summertime. My son (now 3 months) really seems to like it too: I think the cover provides a feeling of security to him, almost like a blanket. He has easily fallen asleep when he has nursed under it. I did not experience the issues the other reviewer described: my adjustable latch has remained secure, and the colors have stayed without running through exclusive machine washing and drying. I have been using (and washing and dying) this cover regularly since June. I especially love the print. It is beautiful, and I think it looks much better in person than in the pictures. I bought the car seat cover as well, because I love when all my baby gear is coordinated. There is a pocket in the front also, which I have never used and I am not sure what I would use it for--maybe a pacifier--but I am sure there are those who would know exactly what to use the pocket for and would praise its convenience. I highly recommend this product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 12:38 PM PST

Graco Lovin' Hug Swing With Plug-In, Ally
Graco Lovin' Hug Swing With Plug-In, Ally

1.0 out of 5 stars What is the point of a mechanical swing if it doesn't keep swinging?, September 9, 2011
I really liked this swing at first: it's compact, it has a nice pattern, plugs in to save on costly batteries, and we just loved the little elephants (we have the Capri style). But it doesn't swing! We turn it on, and the motor makes an obnoxious grinding sound. Then, we push it to get it going, and it just slows down and stops for no reason. What is the point of a mechanical swing if it doesn't keep swinging? We try all 6 settings, and it still stops. The thing also squeaks and sounds rickety, too. Also, the mobile isn't mechanical at all and relies on physics to turn when the swing is going. And, the sounds are just awful too: the nature sounds don't sound like anything that occurs in nature, more like noisy static; the classical music is blaring and annoying; and the heartbeat sounds like soundtrack drumbeats to the most cliche Civil War battle scene you can imagine. We're thoroughly disappointed. We got the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny today and it is beautiful. I highly recommend it. But do NOT buy these Graco swings.

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Scoop N Store
Fisher-Price Precious Planet Scoop N Store

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, April 27, 2011
This scoop-net holds a decent amount of toys, but it is smaller than it looks in the picture online and on the box. Consider the given dimensions carefully. The suction cups are a joke, and they won't stay secured to the wall of our bathtub (standard fiberglass make) for more than a few minutes, even when the scoop is completely empty. It would be much better if the scoop could hook onto the towel bar, but the "hook" on the back of the scoop is designed to fit into the suction cup part only. I considered returning it, but my daughter loves to play with it, and it does hold the toys, even if it won't hold the suction grip.

Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack,Green
Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack,Green
Price: $12.19
39 used & new from $10.07

2.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION: Not Really Dishwasher-Safe, March 9, 2011
I already have a bottle drying rack, but I needed something else that would hold spoons, forks, and straws upright. I initially wanted the OXO Tot dishrack, because I thought this grass was weird-looking, and a bit pricey for such small dimensions, but I had to have something that was BPA-free, Phthalate-free, and PVC-free. And Dishwasher-safe... OK, so I put it in the dishwasher--in the top rack, on mild wash setting, mind you--to sanitize it before I put my clean baby items in it. And the grass came out warped! The grass no longer sits flat in the tray. The corners are bowed. My dishwasher is only a few months old, and has never ruined any of my other dishware. So, it's totally this product--Read: "Made In China." Well, the baby items still went in and stayed upright to dry. Which is the only reason I gave a second star. But, what a disappointment that the grass sits awkwardly now, after just the first wash! I would not recommend this at all.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2