Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 107

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Let Her Go
Let Her Go
Price: $3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, May 20, 2015
This review is from: Let Her Go (Kindle Edition)
I was asked to read and review “Let Her Go” by M.R. Pritchard. I’ve read two other books by her and loved them so I jumped at the chance to read another for review. I love romances; they’re my favorite genre to read. This story was a quick and easy read with a dash of whimsy with a mysterious deer. I really liked Nick’s character. He’s the big, bad ass, good looking, guy with a soft heart that I love to read about. The story itself was okay. It held my attention but didn’t get me overly excited. I have mixed feelings about the setup as well. The book itself is only 259 pages but it spans three years. Each chapter is headed with a timeframe, so while I’m sure a lot of boring stuff happens within the time gaps, it left me wondering what went on during that time. I felt like I was missing out but, like I said, had it been included it could have been very boring material to read about. I didn’t connect with Morgan’s character. She seemed awful whiney to me. She was always going on about how she never felt loved or wanted and it got rather annoying. I’m not a fan of female characters who are always putting themselves down and wondering why no one wants them. I give “Let Her Go” 3/5 stars. It was a decent read with some nice characters and an okay storyline. If you haven’t read any of Miss Pritchard’s books, I would recommend you give her a try. Like I said, the other two books I’ve read were amazing and made my Best Read list of 2014. This one just wasn’t my favorite.
www.facebook.com/Bookiesfan

BCBG PARIS Handbag Convertible Reversible Bag Red/Black,Stylish Bag, Regular Size, 2014/2015 Collection[Apparel],Available on different Colors

1.0 out of 5 stars Was not happy with the quality, May 11, 2015
Was not happy with the quality. The red color is very dull and not at all as shiny and bright as the image. The material was also very thin and not up to my standards. Sent it back for a refund

Force (A Greystone Novel Book 7)
Force (A Greystone Novel Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, February 25, 2015
It needs a little more editing but overall it had the same effect on me as all the others. Made my heart clench and my mind sigh. Strong old fashioned gargoyles who wouldn't love that. Love this series only wish the stories were longer

House of Pain: A Caddy Rowland Psychological Thriller & Drama (There Was a House Series Book 2)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Intensely good, February 25, 2015
I was asked to read and review “House of Pain”. This is book two in the There Was a House series by Caddy Rowland. I really enjoyed book one, “House of Pleasure”. In fact, it was one of my top 14 reads of 2014. “House of Pain” picks up where the first book ended. We get to meet Jamie, a young boy who is thrown to the brothel by his abusive father just because he’s gay. Caddy is a great author. She makes you feel for her characters and as I continue to read this story, I really can’t wait for these girls and Jamie to get their revenge on all the men who use them. While this is a fictional story and many of the scenarios are heinous, as a reader I am all too aware that there is a reality to the underlying theme and it’s far worse. There were a couple scenes that I felt were a bit farfetched, mostly to do with the girls’ backstories and how they came to be in their situations. I give ‘House of Pain” 4/5 stars. This is such a captivating series and once I start reading I can’t stop until I’m finished. I really hope these characters get their revenge on these men. Grab it now if you’re looking for a new drama to dive into.

Sparrow Man
Sparrow Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected...In A Good Way, December 8, 2014
This review is from: Sparrow Man (Kindle Edition)
I was asked to read and review “Sparrow Man”. This is the second book I’ve read from author M.R. Pritchard and I have to say, she’s making an awesome impression. This was a trippy, couldn’t-put-it-down read for me. I never knew what was going to happen so it kept me turning the pages into the wee hours of the morning until I was finished and wanting more. In the beginning I thought this was going to be a dystopian/zombie story but….BUZZ, I was wrong. I’m not going to share what the story actually turns into because that would just ruin the fun for you readers. I really liked Sparrow Man. He started out a little weird and quirky but even his oddities made him appealing. This story has action, mystery, some paranormal romance, and plenty of twists and turns. I give “Sparrow Man” 5/5 stars. When a book keeps me up past my bedtime it deserves high praise. I’m looking forward to this story continuing to see what happens with Sparrow and Meg. Definitely check it out.
www.facebook.com/Bookiesfan

Taking Names (Type N Trilogy Book 2)
Taking Names (Type N Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 STARS!!!!!!!!!!, November 8, 2014
Michelle asked me to read and review “Taking Names” after I gave the first book of this series, “Type N”, such a great review. I loved the first book. Although I wanted it to be longer, I was happy with where it ended. I wasn’t expecting a sequel so when Michelle contacted me for a review, I jumped on it. There are stories that you’re okay with how things get wrapped up and then there are the stories where ,even when you are satisfied, you want just a little bit more. This is one of the most original stories I have ever read. It’s thought provoking and action packed. The characters will work their way into your heart and mind. The spiritual elements are wonderfully implemented without being forced. Michelle’s characters are real in their convictions and their reservations. I give “Taking Names” 6 stars!!! I don’t give that rating lightly. This being book 2, is even better than book one. I highly HIGHLY recommend you read this series but do start with book one “Type N” so you know what’s going on.
www.facebook.com/Bookiesfan

The Heart of Christmas (A Whiskey Creek Novel Book 7)
The Heart of Christmas (A Whiskey Creek Novel Book 7)
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank Goodness, October 28, 2014
As part of Brenda Novak’s review crew, I am given the opportunity to review her newest books. I fell in love with her Whiskey Creek series from the moment I read the 3rd book (When Summer Comes) and had to immediately get the previous ones. The last book of the series, “Come Home to Me” was very disappointing for me due to character decisions that I didn’t particularly care for (my review for that book is online as well) I am pleased to say I enjoyed “The Heart of Christmas” much more. I’ve always liked Eve’s character and have been waiting for her story. I really liked the guy who came into her life. Brent aka Rex is a very swoon worthy character. He’s that good looking guy with a bad boy past and a good heart. I love those male characters. I liked their story and how Eve’s friends pulled together to help him even though they weren’t comfortable with him being a part of her life. I’m a huge chicken, so I’m terribly ashamed to say that the ghost storyline creeped me out. No, I didn’t get my books mixed up here. You’d have to read the series to understand what I’m talking about. If you have read the series you’d more than likely make fun of me for being scared of a very non scary storyline. I can’t help it though. I get these images in my mind and when I’m reading a ghost storyline in bed at night and I hear noises, my imagination goes wild. Anywho, back to the main focus. The one aspect I still can’t come to terms with is the whole Cheyenne/baby storyline. I was grateful this book didn’t veer off and leave Eve and Rex’s story in the dust to focus on that debacle. Cheyenne’s character just doesn’t appeal to me after that last book. In this book when Eve wanted her to keep a secret and she was all, “Oh I will except from Dylan.” GAH!! I wanted to slap her so badly and tell her, “Girl, you don’t want to keep secrets from your husband except when it suits your own desires….grow up.” Yeah can you feel my rage for that character? I give “The Heart of Christmas” 4/5 stars. It reaffirmed my love for this series. I’m ready for Kyle or Baxter’s story next.

Wild Irish Rose
Wild Irish Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, September 13, 2014
This review is from: Wild Irish Rose (Kindle Edition)
I was asked to read and review “Wild Irish Rose”. The book started off good. I liked the characters and the story until I got to know Caitrin’s character more. I really liked McKain’s character. He had his vices but he was a good man with a good heart. Caitrin’s character was far from likable for me. She was such a miss priss about everything but then she turned into a wish washy character who liked to play immature games. I didn’t care for the love triangle storyline either. I loathe love triangles but what made it worse was Caitrin wasn’t even in love with her other suitor, but she just kept stringing him along. Man she annoyed me. I wanted to like McKain and her as a couple but I just couldn’t imagine what he saw in her. I give ‘Wild Irish Rose” 3/5 stars. It’s a decent read and not one I had to force my way through but I just didn’t like the main female character. She ruined the story for me.

Aether Warriors: The Hidden War Series Book 1
Aether Warriors: The Hidden War Series Book 1
by Dean Ravenola
Price: $13.95
38 used & new from $8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great story, August 20, 2014
I was asked to read and review “Aether Warriors”. This is a really great story. I love stories about kids with powers, especially when the story includes mythical creatures that I’ve read so much about. Dean has even included some mythical creatures that I haven’t read about, which is really cool. I like that the characters are younger. I feel it gives them room to grow as the series progresses. I’d like to read more about the kids’ backstories. I got a little insight into Chase and Juno’s lives before becoming Aether Warriors but I’d like to get to know Slick and Greggy more. This is a great story for younger and older readers. I’m always highly impressed when I read such well written stories by young authors and Dean did not disappoint. I give “Aether Warriors” 5/5 stars. I look forward to reading more of this series.
www.facebook.com/Bookiesfan

House of Pleasure: A Caddy Rowland Psychological Thriller & Drama (There Was a House Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and eye opening, July 11, 2014
I was asked to read and review “House of Pleasure” by Caddy Rowland. I understood going into this book that it was about sex trafficking and prostitution but I hated every minute of this story. I hate the fact that this fictional story was in no way fictional. I hate the fact that there are vile, and I just can’t come up with a bad enough word to describe, people like these characters in the real world. I hate that there are children, not only in my own country but this entire world who are treated like these young girls. I hate that, being a visual reader, these scenes were in my head even after I stopped reading. I hate that many people won’t read this series because it won’t take you away from reality, it’ll force you to open your eyes and realize that these scenarios aren’t just fictional, they happen and all too often they’re ignored because of money and power. I have to finish this series because I need to see how these girls and Jamie overcome the circumstances they are forced into. I feel for these characters and I want them to get their revenge. I give “House of Pleasure 4/5 stars. Yes, I hated the story but it’s one that needs to be told. I respect Caddy for writing stories that aren’t fluff and sugarcoated. It might be a hard story to read for some people but just think…some girls out there are living this hell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11