Profile for PFGhost > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PFGhost "Just the facts please" RSS Feed (Manchester, NH)

Page: 1 | 2
LG OEM Original USB Home Charger with USB Data Cable (SGDY0014303) for LG Swift AX500, Incite CT810, Rhythm AX585, VX5500, AX155, Lotus LX600, VX8560 Chocolate 3, AX300, UX300, Dare VX9700, Decoy VX8610, LX400, enV2 VX9100, Glimmer AX830, UX830 Cell Phone
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $4.01
33 used & new from $0.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Cord is a bit stiff but it does the job, July 20, 2014
Hey it's a charger and it charges. I just with the cord was a bit less stiff (which is why the four stars). This is 3rd LG charger (have two others from my two phones).

LG G3 Case, Verus [Heavy Drop Protection] LG G3 Case [Thor][Red] - Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Hard Case - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, International, and Unlocked - Case for LG G3 D850 VS985 D851 990 2014 Model
Offered by Verus USA
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., July 20, 2014
This case would have gotten five stars for fit and price (and Amazon's speedy shipping) but the rubber is hard (rather than gummy) so the case will slide around on any dash like surfaces. Oddly, the case shows fingerprints where the LG G3 itself does not. Still it is very easy to wipe clean and is a cantankerous case for only $17.

VideoSecu 24" Long Arm TV Wall Mount Low Profile Full Motion Cantilever Swing & Tilt wall bracket for most 22" to 55" LED LCD TV Monitor Flat Panel Screen VESA 200x200 400x400 up to 600x400mm - Articulating Arm Extend up to 24" MAH
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $29.99
9 used & new from $27.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great on 32" Samsung LED, July 20, 2014
As good as the reviews say it is and as easy to mount. I was able to do it alone by mounting the X frame to the TV after removing it by separating the long center bolt between the dual and single extension arms. Just be aware, replacing that bolt is MUCH easier with a second person but everything else is a breeze. Oh and all the extras screws for swapping out different sets is a plus. I mounted a 32" ultra thin (15 lbs) Samsung LED.

DEWALT DPG82-11C Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
DEWALT DPG82-11C Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
Offered by BP MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Price: $14.69
42 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars (So far) Only on Amazon - ventilation works great., July 20, 2014
They don't sell these at Lowe's or Home Depot. The ventilation is key. Great spec and awesome price Amazon!

Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for LG G3 - Retail Packaging - Teal
Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for LG G3 - Retail Packaging - Teal
Offered by Cruzerlite
Price: $9.90
3 used & new from $9.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Protective slim cases at a great price., July 20, 2014
I have the Cruzerlite for my LG Optimus G (three of them in fact). I love the slim fit and it does the job. The LGOG has a glass back (like some of the Nexus devices) and the CL has kept it without a crack for two years (and yes I've dropped my phone). I bought a Verus Thor from Amazon for my G3. It's okay but I am kicking myself for not going with the CL. More colors and slimmer fit. Of course at under $10 I will probably get one anyway. Oh and the only reason I have given only four stars, is because the plastic gets dingy rather quickly which is a shame. There might be a way to clean it though and I have to admit I haven't really tried.

No case vs Cruzerlite? No, brainer. Cruzerlite for the win.

TRENDnet N300 Wireless Gigabit Router, TEW-733GR
TRENDnet N300 Wireless Gigabit Router, TEW-733GR
Price: $34.26
73 used & new from $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., January 27, 2014
After reading mostly stellar reviews on this router on Newegg, I bought it on Amazon (better pricing and I'm a Prime Member). Some complaints point to the fact it does not have an external antennae but I've found the signal strength to be good (around -60 to -50 dBm anywhere in the house). Granted I live in a very small 774 sq. foot home. I have no idea how it would perform in a more typical 1,200 sq. ft two-story house.

Even so, it does a much better job than my prior N router which was a Rosewill RNX-N150RT with an external (but not replaceable) antennae.

Samsung UN40EH5300 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (2013 Model)
Samsung UN40EH5300 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (2013 Model)
Offered by Beach Camera
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $329.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this TV for the “Smart” Software, January 27, 2014
The so called “smart” software on the UN40EH5300 is the slowest, buggiest software I have ever used. Virtually EVERY time I launch Smarthub to use Netflix, it does not work. Either Netflix does not load at all or the content won’t launch displaying some error about content not available or the need to reinstall the app (which you can’t do because it is preinstalled – i.e. you can’t uninstall it to reinstall it). In some cases I cannot even get Smarthub to load.

It is not my connection because the TV is connected to my excellent TrendNET 733 via an Ethernet cable (not wirelessly). As it is, I’m getting 24-30 Mbps down on over the wireless connection on my laptop which is in the other room. Definitely not the connection speed.

In fairness, the biggest problem seems to be specifically with the Samsung Netflix app. The interface/UI for the app is quite nice, when it actually works. Much like Android fragmentation, Samsung puts its own spin on the Netflix app which, in this case, is to the app’s detriment.

Furthermore, the YouTube app seems to work just fine the few times I’ve tried it. In fact, the YouTube app for this TV is easily the most elegant version I have ever come across. HD content from YouTube is stunning. Apparently, Google and Samsung play together much better than Netflix and Samsung. This is really frustrating as Netflix is easily the streaming service we use most and contains all of the shows my four year-old enjoys.

The TV itself is excellent (which is why it gets 4 stars from me). I paid very little for this TV and I did not buy it for the “Smart” features. I bought it for its excellent picture quality (Blu Ray looks phenomenal) and its three HDMI inputs (rare on a TV at this price). Still, one expects that all the features toted on a product will work as advertised regardless of what you pay for something.

Would I recommend this TV? If all you want is a 40” 1080p LED TV with a great price and a brand name, then yes.

Do I think that “smart” TVs need a lot of work and support? Absolutely. There is nothing smart about this TV.

Other considerations: The picture is not great out of the box, however there are numerous postings about tweaking (calibrating) the settings to maximize the picture quality. Like I said, Blue Ray (Despicable Me) looks incredible.

Liebherr Articulated Road Loader L 574
Liebherr Articulated Road Loader L 574
Price: $53.94
19 used & new from $45.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Get's a "Buy" rating but with some caveats., December 29, 2012
We got the Bruder Liebherr Loader L 574 for our 3 year-old this Christmas.

Pros:
* Rubber tires roll easily on thick carpet; won't harm floors.
* Looks real; articulated loader bucket easy to operate and locks into same positions as the real thing.
Cons:
* Not made from a heavy duty plastic; not entirely cheap but I can see it cracking fairly easily.
* Getting figures in and out of the cab is a challenge.

This might be better for older children who understand how to take care of a toy. We bought one of the figures ($11.50 USD at a local toy store) and getting him in and out of the cab is a challenge even for me let alone a child. Trying to position him into a sitting position resulted in his legs popping off time and time again. Further more, try as I might, and to my son's chagrin, I can't get him to actually hold onto the steering wheel. Bruder should really allow easier access to the inner cab. The real loaders DO have doors after all.

Amazon's price on the loader is quite good (we paid $60+ at our local, non-big box store). I'm still a fan of accurate/replica styled toys like these. It's just when I was smaller, companies like Corgi were making mini versions of Bond's Aston Martin out of METAL.

I'm giving Bruder toys a "buy" rating but with a few caveats.

Born to Run [HD]
Born to Run [HD]
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Terminated Too Quickly, March 24, 2012
Yet another example of a classic Hollywood blunder; the cancellation of this series (right up there with Lie To Me, Dollhouse and Firefly). Too bad, like Firefly, they did not try to wrap this up in a motion picture (big screen or network). I guess the film franchise was already in motion. Hell, all Hollywood does now is reboot, why not here. I'm still trying to make sense of the shift in the timeline.

Don't let the cancellation stop you from watching the 31 episodes that did see the light of day (just brace yourself for season/series finale that will want you clawing for more).

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...
...If you really enjoyed this series, follow the links below and take action to bring it back. This series was supposed to run for the same 4 episodes it took Battlestar Galactica to finish up.

Post a comment here to let "them" know there is still interest:
(Amazon removed the link) Save SCC has a website.
Vote here to let Netflix/Reed Hastings know there is greater demand for this resurrection than for Terra Nova:
[Amazon removed the link) GiantFreakinRobot website "10 cancelled Sci-fi shows" post.

Sony MDR-XB40EX High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbuds - 13.5mm (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $150.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st Impression - Great Cord (yes it matters), July 5, 2011
After going through at least three pairs of $9 - $15 Skullcandy earbuds, I decided to spend a little more money. My biggest concern was DURABILITY and NOT sound quality. With the cheaper buds, the same issue kept occurring: one of the speakers would suddenly stop working (no sound). The problem would start with the sound in one bud cutting in and out and eventually degenerated into a total loss of sound. But what can you expect for only $10 bucks right?

Even so, I did not want to buy an "expensive" set of earbuds that sound great only to have them cut out again from an issue with the cord. I did a specific search through the customer reviews of various online retailers using the term "durability". The Sony MDR-XB40EX was the product that came up the most.

As of this review, I have had them for a week. Due to supply issues out of Japan (Fukushima), I had a hard time getting them so I bought a $15.00 pair of Sony MDR-EX10LPs for the interim.

Upon finally getting the 40EXs I conducted a rudimentary sound test. I started a track on my iPod using the 10LPs. I picked a full digital recording ripped to my library using Apple's lossless bit rate. I then paused the track and swapped the 10LPs for the 40EXs as fast as I could and then resumed playback. The extra $25.00 for the 40EXs was immediately apparent. Depth (sounds "near" and "far") was much better and, yes, the bass response was deep and not distorted.

There have been some complaints about the fit of the 40EXs. I have small ears so I selected the smallest of the three sizes of silicon tips that come with these headphones. I tugged on the cord hard enough to simulate snagging it on something and the buds stayed in (they also did not break or cut out - phew). The cord is flat and appears to be sheathed in thicker, harder rubberized plastic than typically comes with cheaper headphones. I'm thinking this is the primary reason the durability ratings are better on these buds than on others.

They are "heavy" for buds. When I move my head around, there is a slight feeling they are coming out but, like I said, even with tugging (at least in my ears) they are secure enough. They come with a clip but I found it just adds more weight if not in use.

NOTE: I bought these headphones for the purpose of SITTING and listening, so my review of them is based on that kind of use. I have gone walking with them (low impact), however, and still did not experience any issues with fit. The cord is long enough to reach from my ears to the cargo pocket of my shorts (I'm 5'9").

Another thing I like about these headphones is they come with a case as well which, along with the flat cord, should further reduce the amount of snarling and tangling that usually happens with earbuds.

UPDATED 03.26.12
I have now owned these headphones for some time. Still going strong and all of the above remains true. In addition, I did a power walk with them (heavy foot fall just shy of a jog) and they did not fall out or FEEL like they were about to fall out. However, when I did break into a job, they started to slip. Probably a combonation of sweat and the jostling. Still for sitting and even brisk walking they are a great set of phones.

I also take very good care of mine. I never leave them out of the provided case and I check the cord for kinks (these can actually be easily flattened out if they occur). Still recommend these with a "BUY".

Page: 1 | 2