Profile for Carla Dworsky James > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carla Dworsky James RSS Feed (Zachary, LA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Canary
The Canary
by Jacqueline T. Moore
Price: $12.45
15 used & new from $12.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Page Turner, September 27, 2014
This review is from: The Canary (Paperback)
I am positively blasting through The Canary!! I love it! It's a real page turner and very satisfying. "Somebody" needed killin', and good people made sure it happened. I am astonished at how much time I've made to read this week!

The Little Girl and the Big Bear
The Little Girl and the Big Bear
by Paul Galdone
18 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this book!, May 31, 2014
`We checked it out from the library and the kids insisted that we buy it to keep. I love the sweet looking old people.

The Little Hands Art Book (Little Hands!)
The Little Hands Art Book (Little Hands!)
by Judy Press
23 used & new from $1.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great craft book!, May 31, 2014
I can let my kids flip through and pick their own project. Chances are, we've got what we need to do it.

Caillou: Potty Time (Hand in Hand)
Caillou: Potty Time (Hand in Hand)
by Joceline Sanschagrin
Price: $5.95
71 used & new from $0.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is Caillou upset while potty training?, November 14, 2013
This book is horrible! They never actually tell Caillou what he is supposed to do. When Caillou's dad is emptying the potty into the big potty, Caillou is hiding in the hall looking upset. What is that about? Very weak potty book.

Richard Scarry's Longest Book Ever!
Richard Scarry's Longest Book Ever!
by Richard Scarry
Edition: Board book
25 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Put a snap on it!, May 7, 2013
This book has a great story and some fun flaps, but my son loves to just dump it out and go on his merry way! Of course, he's three, so maybe that's just the age. But I find myself folding up this book at least twice a day and reading it to him twice a week. I see this book out and I get annoyed. If there were a snap on it, maybe that would help, but eight feet of book is really a leggy book!

The Little Engine That Could
The Little Engine That Could
DVD ~ Corbin Bleu
Price: $5.00
64 used & new from $0.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music and positive voices!, January 7, 2013
This review is from: The Little Engine That Could (DVD)
This is a great movie! The music is really high quality and very upbeat. I find myself singing it when the boys aren't around. This movie takes a tediously long children's book and makes it into a great movie. Even the discouraging parts are pretty positive.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Dome topped dryer, August 6, 2012
This dryer has a slightly rounded top. That means that you can't store anything on top of the dryer. NOTHING! Even the heaviest object (full liquid clothes detergent) will jiggle off after three loads. It drives me crazy! What engineer thought that was a good idea?! Where are you supposed to keep your detergent, fabric softener, and bleach? Also, it seems like the clothes are always just slightly damp when they come out. I've only had the dryer a couple of weeks, so maybe I can program it differently, but I want my clothes DRY, not slightly damp. If this sensor drying thing works, then it's set to too moist. My husband bought this dryer for me and stuck to my few criteria for our dryer, but who would have thought to include "really flat top" in your criteria? Also, it makes noise when you turn it on. It plays a little three note tune when you start pressing buttons. This seems really loud when my kids are asleep nearby, but it hasn't woken them. On the other hand, the alarm to indicate that the cycle is over doesn't stand out in my house full of noisy toys. It plays a little 5 note tune to tell you the load is done, but it sounds like a cell phone, or toy phone, or a musical toy. I know I'll get in the habit of hearing it, I just have to train my ear. It is a lot better than a huge, rude honk. Overall, I'm not really thrilled with this dryer.

Hanging Hot Air Balloon Mobile Making Kit
Hanging Hot Air Balloon Mobile Making Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Decoration only., January 15, 2012
This mobile is very detail oriented and delicate. Perhaps a child of 10 years or more could do a passable job of painting the balloons. Once assembled, it is very delicate and needs to be placed where no child can touch it. Very easy to get unbalanced. Very easy to get tangled.

Potty Time
Potty Time
by Franoise Dolto

1.0 out of 5 stars Let's count the failures., January 15, 2012
This review is from: Potty Time (Hardcover)
This book is odd in how vague they are with the whole process. This book never makes direct reference to pee or pooh. Caillou never is the one to instigate a potty time - it is always a parent's idea. Caillou only goes to the potty to please his parents. As is typical for Caillou, there is nothing negative said about his accidents, and no direction is given for how it should have been done. When Caillou is tired of sitting on the potty, he just gets up. No emphasis is made on continuing to try. Also, this seems to be a different artist than the Caillou show - one who feels his little bald head needs to be covered on every page. The text is so flimsy that I find myself telling an improved story while I turn the pages. Horrible example for my son.

Infantino Activity Triangle
Infantino Activity Triangle
Price: $13.47
29 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy for changing abilities, November 8, 2010
This is a great toy! From as soon as my son could control his arms, if this was nearby, he was fiddling with it somehow. When he was a little stronger, we would hand it to him during diaper changes and he was completely distracted. As he became more coordinated, he played with the different aspects of the toy. He's 13 months now and hasn't started using it as a step-stool yet, but he probably will soon! It's plenty strong enough for that too. There's so much to look at on this toy, even if all the baby can do is not hold it still, there are tiny colored beads rolling every which way. There's always something moving on this toy. It was one of the best, longest play toys we received.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 4:32 PM PST