Profile for HatedEnemy00 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HatedEnemy00 RSS Feed

ASUS Republic of Gamers G74SX-AH71 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop (Black)
ASUS Republic of Gamers G74SX-AH71 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar Gaming Laptop, November 12, 2011
I bought this laptop to replace my Asus G73 and it blows it away by a long shot. Had to update bios when I got it and the nvidia card, too. The bios update was easily done through the Asus update utility located in the system tray, but had to go to nvidia support site to download the latest driver which helps if your playing BF3. The only problem I had with it was the touch pad would not turn off when I used a mouse and interferred with gaming when I accidently touched it; I had went into the touchpad settings to try and accomplish this to no avail. Ended up contacting Asus support and had to turn off the touchpad through bios, when I did this the keyboard would not work at all. Turned it back on and the keyboard worked and the touchpad was disabled when I plugged the mouse in. The touchpad now works without the mouse plugged in. The tech said it could of been due to the bios update. No more problems though. The speakers are a little lacking since they don't include a subwoofer like the G73 did. This model also includes bluetooth so you can listen to music or game with a bluetooth enabled headset. Hands down, you can't beat the bang for the buck on this machine. A co-worker of my just bought an Alienware m17x and the only difference was the cpu which ran at 3.9 ghz as apposed to the 2.2 ghz which turbo boosts to 3.1ghz when needed; the difference is he paid about $860.00 more for it. I had purchased the gimped down version of this model at Best Buy and after adding a one year warranty with tech support it came out to $1475.00; returned it when I saw this one. With two day shipping I only paid $50.00 more and got double the ram, 1 more gig on the video card, a faster cpu, and 1year warranty and accidental damage protection at no additional cost. The only thing negative was 250 mb less in hd space; however, I'll take one of my 500mb drives out of my G73 to fix that. Also, it would have cost an extra $170.00 for a one-year accidental protection plan through BB. I hope this review helps for those sitting on the fence. I gave it a five star since I was able to fix the problems I had with it on the first day.
Comment Comments (25) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2012 12:02 AM PDT