Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Gail Betzel > Reviews

Browse

Gail Betzel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gail Betzel RSS Feed (N. Ridgeville, OH USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters: More than 100 Years of Recipes Discovered and Collected by the Queens of Comfort Food?
by Marilynn Brass
Price: $13.43
63 used & new from $0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful recipe book!, June 13, 2015
A book full of wonderful recipes and memories. I have tried many of their recipes and none have failed. This afternoon I baked their Apricot Strudel and filled two with their apricot filling and two with my poppy seed filling as I make a similar family recipe from my Hungarian-Jewish mother and her sister. I just wanted a different "take" on a similar recipe all the while thinking that I would prefer my recipe. The Brass Sisters Apricot Strudel is SO good that I don't know which recipe I prefer - theirs or mine!
I also love reading their memories of cooking and baking with their Mom and relatives as I so dearly treasure the memories of baking with my Mom.
If you like great recipes with most items found in your pantry; recipes that are easy to follow and don't take all day to make, you will not go wrong by buying this book. I'd like to meet the sisters - I am sure that they are as delightful as their recipes!

Me, Myself, and Pie (The Pinecraft Collection)
Me, Myself, and Pie (The Pinecraft Collection)
by Sherry Gore
Price: $17.06
77 used & new from $4.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pie Book Ever, November 18, 2014
If Amazon offered a 10 star rating, I would give it to Me, Myself and Pie. Every recipe has a beautiful photograph and the recipes are exceptional - just the way I like it without a lot of ingredients that would be used once and never again. I am purchasing this book for every one of my friends for Christmas. You won't be disappointed. Me, Myself, and Pie (The Pinecraft Collection)

The Original Donut Shop Regular Iced Coffee, K-cups, 22-count
The Original Donut Shop Regular Iced Coffee, K-cups, 22-count
Offered by SAPIR TRADINGS
Price: $52.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 17, 2014
Fantastic

Holiday Cookies: Prize-Winning Family Recipes from the Chicago Tribune for Cookies, Bars, Brownies and More
by Chicago Tribune Staff
Price: $18.66
55 used & new from $8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 17, 2014
Fun read and lots of great recipes.

Dietz & Watson, Deli Compliments, Cranberry Honey Mustard, 11oz Bottle (Pack of 2)
Offered by TSS ROCOCO
Price: $17.11
4 used & new from $12.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, October 17, 2014
Spices too strong.

Have Mother, Will Travel: A Mother and Daughter Discover Themselves, Each Other, and the World (P.S.)
by Claire Fontaine
Price: $12.59
72 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I am about two thirds through this book and am ..., October 17, 2014
I am about two thirds through this book and am enjoying each and every page. There is a lot of soul searching the mother/daughter relationship in a light-hearted way - often filled with laughter. I hope that there will be another book by these two in the horizon.

The Brown Betty Cookbook: Modern Vintage Desserts and Stories from Philadelphia's Best Bakery
by Linda Hinton Brown
Price: $18.01
56 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the purchase!, November 3, 2012
I wasn't going to purchase the Brown Betty Cookbook simply because I own so many other cookbooks - until I read the reviews. Then I knew that I just HAD to purchase it and I'm so glad I did! I always love a story behind a recipe and the stories are light-hearted and fun to read. I made the plain pound cake and have to admit that it is the BEST pound cake I've ever tasted! (Pound cakes are a favorite of mine.) I can't wait to try the rest of the recipes as I'm sure they will all be delicious. If Amazon had a 10 star rating, I would give it 10 stars.
If you love cakes and the stories behind them, you will love this cookbook!

High Tea At The Victoria Room
High Tea At The Victoria Room
by Jill Jones-Evans
21 used & new from $4.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, August 29, 2012
I thought that this book would have photos of table settings and surroundings at The Victoria Room. Instead, it is merely a recipe book with mundane recipes that can be found for free on the internet. Some of the ingredients call for pork mince, nigella seeds, lavender oil, lavender flowers, Persian feta, rose syrup, lychees, haloumi cheese, etc. How many of us have this in our pantry or wish to purchase just to experiment with recipes that do not even sound appealing. My copy of High Tea At The Victoria Room will be seen on the shelf at Goodwill.

All But My Life: A Memoir
All But My Life: A Memoir
by Barbara Rosenblatt
Price: $9.25
421 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST memoir on the holocaust that I've read, August 12, 2012
I have read numerous accounts of holocaust survivors; all similar stories, yet each one seems as if I've never read anything so horrific before. All But My life was so very hard to put down. I wanted to spend every waking moment reading. My daughter is now reading it and feels the same as I do.
As the daughter of a Hungarian Jewish immigrant, fortunate enough to leave Hungary before the war, I cannot fathom such hatred and disregard for human life. Yet, the anti-semitism still exists today even though we all know the horrors of what happened at the hands of Nazis!
This book is a MUST read! I give honor and respect to Gerda Weissmann Klein for the strength to endure what she did, to write about it and to continue to talk to everyone about the holocaust. My only wish would be to meet this very courageous woman - and listen.

Vintage Cakes: Timeless Recipes for Cupcakes, Flips, Rolls, Layer, Angel, Bundt, Chiffon, and Icebox Cakes for Today's Sweet Tooth
by Julie Richardson
Price: $14.45
101 used & new from $6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cake book!, August 2, 2012
I've been collecting cookbooks forever and my favorite books are cake books. Nothing is more grand to me than cake. I thought I knew just about everything regarding baking cakes, but I am learning things I never knew by reading Vintage Cakes. The recipes are fantastic! Photos are great. The rating on Vintage Cakes should be a 10 star rating.
I pre-ordered this book in early spring and it was well worth the wait. You won't be disappointed if you purchase it.

Page: 1 | 2