Profile for Pontis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pontis RSS Feed

Lee Precision Auto Disk Powder Measure
Lee Precision Auto Disk Powder Measure
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Ahead and Order the Lee Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure, November 28, 2013
The Lee Auto Disk Powder Measure worked well enough when it first arrived. But as luck would have it, the measure I needed for my powder was in between two hole sizes. I would have had to settle for -0.3 or +0.2 grains from my desired measurement. I would have settled for +/- 0.1. I wound up also ordering the Pro Measure Adapter Kit with the micrometer adjustable charge bar. The adapter Kit also provided a couple of other enhancements. It now works great. I should have initially ordered the Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure, which is why I knocked off one star.

Howard Leight by Honeywell R-01902 Impact Pro Electronic Shooting Earmuffs
Howard Leight by Honeywell R-01902 Impact Pro Electronic Shooting Earmuffs
Price: $68.06
32 used & new from $60.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Hail, Hail, The Gang All Hears, September 28, 2013
I picked this set of ear muffs because it had a higher sound reduction ratio than almost all other electronic earmuffs. It performs well, but there is a minor amount of humming which is easily disregarded when you are concentrating on why you bought them in the first place. In my case, this was for use at the gun range. The product info claims it magnifies low level sound, which it does. However talking seems to be 1:1 even with the volume control turned all the way up. The louder than normal low level sounds seems to be more of a nuisance since it is out of proportion to other sounds.
The earmuffs are comfortable to wear, even for extended periods on a hot day. They are much superior to the kind I used to wear that muffled all sounds, making it difficult to hear someone talking to you.
I would recommend these earmuffs for anyone who wants to protect their hearing.

Fobus Standard Holster Left Hand Hand Belt SP11LHBH Springfield Armory XD/XDM / HS 2000 9/357/40 5" 4" / Sig 2022 / H&K P2000
Price: $21.81
2 used & new from $21.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Twice The Holster, At Half The Price, September 28, 2013
The holster performs well, as expected. Being left handed, online ordering is about the only place I've found to obtain holsters that work for me. The picture shown is incorrect. It shows a paddle holster, however I wanted a belt holster. There were several Fobus holsters listed, all with the same picture but with varying product codes. I had to interpret what the letters in the product code might mean (LHBH = Left Hand Belt Holster) and ordered this holster hoping I was right. And I was!
I wanted an OWB holster which could do double duty as a normal carry holster and a competition holster. This one does that job well and at half the price of the next holster I considered. The amount of pistol retention is adjustable. For carrying, I snug it up tight, but for competition, I remove the adjuster to loosen it up for easy draws.
I own a couple of guns of the same brand but of different barrel lengths and this holster accepts both of them.
I would recommend this holster to others.

TechCraft PAL50 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Credenza - Walnut
TechCraft PAL50 50-Inch Wide Flat Panel TV Credenza - Walnut
Price: $349.99
4 used & new from $259.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good unit for the price, January 21, 2013
Very well made. Even though the description says walnut, there is a reddish tint to the finish which is not characteristic to a walnut finish. It is slightly darker than pictured, which is fine for me. I read this in other reviews before I bought it and I was hoping this would be the case for mine, also. It assembled easily with my only trouble being the levers which lock the pieces together. They were too hard to push over all the way by hand. I had to use a tool to push them all the way down. The box was damaged when it was delivered, but the stand was protected well enough that I could find no scratches or damage. It took less than 1/2 hour to assemble and another 1/2 hour to clean up the packing material mess.

I prefer 100% wood construction furniture, but this uses pressboard and MDF for the sides, bottom and shelves, which is why I didn't give it the fifth star. If 4 1/2 stars was an option, I would have done that because I knew it wouldn't be 100% wood when I ordered it. The front and top (the parts which show) seem to be real wood. Even similar units costing over twice as much at local furniture stores still had some parts made out of pressboard, so this is a good compromise.

Two Stainless Steel Watchband Spring Bar Pins For Attaching Watch Band To Watches 20 mm
Offered by The Watchband Store
Price: $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Opine the pin!, July 5, 2012
How do you review a watch band pin? You can't even see them when properly installed. Either they work as they are supposed to and hold the watch on your wrist or they don't and the watch falls off your wrist. My watch hasn't fallen off my wrist so they must work.

I would recommend you always replace the pins when you replace a watch band. In my opinion every watch band should automatically come with two new pins. My old ones were bent but I didn't know it until I took the old watch band off to put the new one on.

Hadley-Roma Men's MB4426RWCE-20 20-mm Stainless Steel Watch Bracelet
Hadley-Roma Men's MB4426RWCE-20 20-mm Stainless Steel Watch Bracelet
Price: $44.96
2 used & new from $44.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this band, June 12, 2012
I purchased this as a replacement band for my 5 year old Seiko. The band fit perfectly and looks and feels very much like the original band. I read less than rave reviews about some of the less expensive bands so I went with the more expensive, solid band. I am very pleased with the band. I looked at some new Seiko watches and this appears to be the same band as on some of them.