Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for J. Wilkerson > Reviews

Browse

J. Wilkerson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Wilkerson "jesis" RSS Feed (Kansas)

Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera System with 10-30mm Lens (White) (OLD MODEL)
Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera System with 10-30mm Lens (White) (OLD MODEL)
Offered by NPFLA1
Price: $269.95
51 used & new from $124.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you want to use it as a point-and-shoot., November 28, 2011
I owned this camera for a week before taking it back. I'm not a professional, but I know a bad picture when I see one. All of the pictures I took on the camera looked great... until I transfered them to my computer. Blurry, unfocused pictures was what I saw over and over. The only good pictures I saw were the ones taken outside with lots of light, and to be honest, they weren't any better than the same pictures taken with my 5-year old Sony Cybershot. The auto ISO does not adjust well on this camera, so if you're inside, you probably need the flash to get any kind of decent picture without blur and graininess. I took over 500 pictures in a week of owning this camera, and over 30 minutes of footage. I adjusted every setting possible and tried all types of pictures in all types of light. I maybe got a handful of good pictures out of this camera and they were all in good light.

The picture quality of the video looked great, but if you're recording, you better have your camera on a tripod or be holding it really still, because every tiny movement is a huge jerk on this camera. The videos I recorded turned out absolutely awful (besides the picture because it's 1080p).

The reason I bought this camera was so that I could have some of the luxuries of a dSLR without the bulky body. I was looking forward to all of the features this camera was supposed to offer. I was excited that you could take a picture while recording video and take up to 60fps. But, honestly, I wouldn't trade a good photo for this camera. If you're looking for an overpriced point-and-shoot, this might be the camera for you, but for the same price, get a dSLR, or save yourself some money and buy something else! It's not worth the price.
Comment Comments (49) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 7:06 PM PDT

Turned (Book #1 in the Vampire Journals)
Turned (Book #1 in the Vampire Journals)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as others say..., February 24, 2011
Spoiler ALERT! I originally bought this eBook because a. it had so many good reviews and b. it was so cheap. I will give Morgan Rice one thing: she is a good writer. That's not saying that her book was good, just that her writing style is easy to follow. Her story was descriptive enough and suspenseful, but it also lacked details that you needed to link together what was happening. Half of the story I was thinking; "how did they find her?" or "how did she get her cell phone all of a sudden?" And HOW was she in love with someone after only knowing him a few hours? She started off great, but she made it seem like she was in a rush to finish and the book was nowhere near long enough. The downfall of so many authors.

There wasn't anything really different about this book from other teen vampire novels that I've read. The only basic difference I saw was that she wasn't TURNED but she was actually BORN a vampire. (this is also known by many as a dhampir, so not original in the slightest). In fact, most dhampir books I've read at least have a little kick to them.

I guess we will see what the future holds, maybe.

All in all, the book was okay, but the author has a lot to learn.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2015 12:01 PM PST