Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Amazon Fire TV New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Halloween
Profile for (insert fake name here) > Reviews

(insert fake nam...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

(insert fake name here) RSS Feed (WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Enslaved: Odyssey To The West - Playstation 3
Enslaved: Odyssey To The West - Playstation 3
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $17.22
119 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have been Perfect, October 11, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game was a blast to play save for one road block. The combat system is flawed. I wouldn't have even really noticed it except that it showed itself about half way through the game, right after you leave New York. it only showed itself for one chapter and then it was gone but it lasted just long enough for me to never enjoy combat as much as I did before. What was the flaw you ask? It doesn't work in close quarters combat. When you have 3 mechs pounding away at you on a narrow cliff and you can't get away then the game stops being fun. I died so many times in this one spot that I gave up and tried again later. This only happens in that ONE CHAPTER but it was enough to slightly stain the combat for the rest of the game though. Combat in general though is fun if not simplistic however this makes it easier to enjoy the other parts of the game and not think about the combat all the time.

I liked the platforming but is was also a bit simplistic. Think Uncharted and not Prince of Persia. It's incredibly easy and I never had trouble with it. It got a little more involved in the last two chapters but for the most part you don't have many timed jumps to deal with.

The rest of the game is perfect. The story, graphics, voice acting and everything else is just top notch. There are chase scenes both chasing and being chased which i thought was cool. no quick time events THANK GOD! Fun boss battles and not too many of them, just enough the satisfy. I loved the cloud(think hoverboard from Jak2) sections, they really showed off the beautiful environments. The ending was great, I won't spoil it for you but it's not at all what I expected and it was trippy as hell!

TIP to avoid this unpleasant experience I had...
Level up your stun blast so that it affects multiple enemies' as soon as possible. This made the problem much more manageable.

Also I had to turn down the gamma setting in game because my eyes hurt it was so bright. Did anyone else have this problem?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2010 5:03 AM PDT

Mafia II Collector's Edition - Playstation 3
Mafia II Collector's Edition - Playstation 3
Offered by Video Games Exchange
Price: $99.95
9 used & new from $24.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth It, August 24, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a review of the collector's edition specifically what's included with it and not much about the game itself. Now you can read in the description what it comes with but I want to describe the quality of the product in this review. The complete package is the size of 2 DVD size cases put flat together with 2 pieces in it.

The fist is the game which comes in a steal case that feels sturdy enough. It's not all steal just the outside. In that you get the game obviously and the manual, which is pathetic by the way considering its literally 4 pages long. You also get the dlc codes, both the standard that comes with all PS3 copies and the collector's edition exclusive and also the double sided map. The map they say is tear resistant. I don't want to test it myself but I can tell you that it is not printed on cheap paper. It almost feels like wax pager only not as waxy.

This other side is the art book which is 100 pages. It's a great art book with everything would see in the game. It has characters, weapons, sights to see in the game, vehicles early development, concept renders and pin-up babes. If you didn't know there are 50 pin up poster to find in the game itself and the art book shows some of them. The only thing I don't like about the art book is that the cover is made out of cheap shinny paper wrapped around a chunk of cardboard. embossed lettering or leather would have been nice.

The last thing you get which is sandwiched in between the two items I mentioned is a soundtrack CD or orchestral score as they call it. It's massive consisting of all the 45 tracks in the game plus 3 bonus tracks. Granted the songs are short, about 1 or 2 minutes each on average but that's still a lot of tracks in the game.

I also wanted to say that the little of the game I have played so far is amazing. The visuals and the voice acting are fantastic and the main character Vito is a likable guy. The controls are solid for all three aspects of the game. The shooting is fun, the driving is smooth and the hand to hand combat is also top notch.

One last thing about the game is that it's a story driven game and there aren't a lot of side missions so don't go expecting a GTA clone or anything. This grand story just happens to take place in a sandbox style world.

Black Lagoon: The Complete Series Set
Black Lagoon: The Complete Series Set
DVD ~ James Corrigall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great anime, March 25, 2010
This is a great anime for adults and I mean that not because of nudity but because of blood and gore and Mature themes.

Some people are going to say it's a rip off of cowboy bebop because they are bounty hunters but I personally think its better. It has a more character driven story and has an actual plot as opposed to just random bounties like the aforementioned. But that brings me to the only thing I don't like about this anime. Every episode is like a 2 or three part-er with a crazy 5 part conclusion.

Pick this up though if you're interested in complex plot that deals with the criminal underworld. They deal with Russian deserters the Chinese triad a Nazi cult and even a little bit of Yakuza at the end (which is my personal favorite).

This is a great box set if you're looking to own both seasons. It comes with 8 discs in thin plastic cases 2 discs to a case in a cardboard sleeve. 2 discs are purely extra features witch I think is a great addition. I think they just put the two separate box set discs into one set and then repackaged it though...

Just Cause 2 - Playstation 3
Just Cause 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by Vulcandeals
Price: $16.49
120 used & new from $8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars MOST EPIC SANDBOX GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, March 25, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, so this is the LARGEST sandbox map I have ever seen...EVER!!! Its so vast I think It would take easily 100 hours or more to complete everything.

The story is lame and the voice acting is laughable but i think the developers wanted it that way. It probably would have not been as fun if the story was engaging because you would be focused on that instead of the world which is the REAL star of the show.

Now the map as I have said is huge. And there's stuff to do in every corner of it. Whether it be blowing up oil rigs or scaling a mountain or racing planes or boats or finding all of the over 300 settlements or 100 or so drug cases scattered about. My favorite is the mile high club which is literally a club that's in the sky. It's a blimp that has several bars and a helipad and a small airplane on it(you can take off from there too). There are also over 100 vehicles to find and drive.

What's so great about this huge world is that you can explore any of it at any time. It's not restricted like some games. There's also a fast travel system that makes life a lot easier.

Also you can upgrade weapons and armor and your vehicles through the black market which can be accessed at any time through your PDA(unless you're in the middle of a firefight).

You can also swim underwater too. I was expecting you could swim but not underwater! That adds even more depth to the world because there's seaweed and rocks down there which you hardly ever see. You can't jump out of the water though you have to grapple to something which is an inconvenience.

I didn't give the game five stars because of a few annoyances like the corny accents and having to call the black market dealer to fast travel and enemies respawning constantly. When you buy a car or plane or whatever from the black market it's a onetime use so even if you don't blow it up (that's unlikely) you can't store it anywhere or even repair it. Also scarcity of ammo can be a problem when your being overrun by enemies.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2010 3:08 PM PDT

Bayonetta - Playstation 3
Bayonetta - Playstation 3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $18.33
137 used & new from $7.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Patch FIXED the problem!!!, February 28, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not going to go into much detail about the game you can read other reviews for that. I just wanted to inform people that were weary like I was about buying this game because of the long load times.

Well they fixed this problem with a patch. You can now install the game onto you hard disk and this makes a world of difference. The load times are hardly noticable now. They are still there but no more than other games. No more loading when you pick up and item or when you pause the game or a long one before you watch a cutscene. The install is a few gigs of extra space but its worth it.

I haven't encountered any framerate drops like some of the game review sites mentioned. I also think this patch cuts down on screen tearing a little bit. That might just be me though.

The reason I didn't give this game five star overall is because the story is blah and the voice acting isn't good and the way the main caracter stands when she's not moving is just a little over the top. But then again if I had guns straped to my high heels I don't know if I could stand straight either...I should try it sometime.

Also if you want to skip a cutscene you hold R2 and hit SELECT. It's a lot faster than pressing START and hitting skip.

Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls
Price: $17.49
134 used & new from $7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!!!, February 26, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Demon's Souls (Video Game)
This game is amazing! Not since final fantasy 10 has a game compelled me to play it for over 100 hours. It's also the first PS3 game of the 20 or so that I own that I felt would be an insult to not get the platinum trophy.

I'm going to start off by saying that this game wasn't as hard as everyone said it was. I mean yes your going to die at least 4 or 5 times per satge the first time you play it but those deaths are learning experiences and if you PAY ATTENTION you will learn and get better. Also it's impossible to beat it without a guide in my oppinion. I used a wiki guide that I found and its a favorite on my tool bar now.

Theres really no story to get involved with just kill demons and take their souls and stuff. But that also means that you can play it over and over without getting sick of it. Like the 3 times you have to beat it to get the platinum trophy. the world tendency and character tendency adds an extra level of depth as does the online which is think is what makes this game so fun.

Also I think that is should be noted that even though this game is an "rpg" is not in the sence that you will never be uber powerfull no matter how much you level up. Even normal enemies can kill you in like 2 hits in new game+++.

1. Start out as a royal class. they are balenced and start out with soul arrow which is the BEST spell in your first playthrough. I used it to kill about half of the bosses.

2. Play the game in soul form ALWAYS. This means you dont have to worry about black phantoms invading(other players). You will need to equip the cling ring which is easily obtained in level 1-1. This also means your footsteps are silent so enemies can't see you as soon.

3. Playing the game in soul form also means that world tendency doesn't change when you die. So all those things you heard about the gaming getting harder the more you die doesn't apply to you!

4. Whenever you kill a demon and regain your body suicide in the nexus by jumping off the stairs. Make sure you don't land on any npc though, they could attack you!

5. As said in 3 if you upset an npc enough they will attack you so don't swing your weapon around in the nexus. If they attack you they won't help you anymore for the rest of the game cycle.

6. Once you beat level 1-1 go to level 4-1. It's got the best bow to level up and at the begining of 4-2 theres a great soul farming spot.

7. Use the wiki guide it will save your SOUL!!!!!!!

Borderlands - Playstation 3
Borderlands - Playstation 3
Offered by davisp&p
Price: $11.00
181 used & new from $1.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Is there such thing as too many guns...YES!, December 14, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
In this review I'm only going to cover the weapons part of the game but thats the major selling point so I think its a good thing to address.

The concept sounded great and at first it was but "87 bazillion guns" is just too much. One bazillion guns would have be plenty. About 98% of the guns you pick up are worthless becasuse they are a lower level than what you already have and most of the time are crap guns. I personally only kept like one in every 100 or so weapons I picked up the rest I sold for cash.

There are two ways(well actually 3 but the third is never used) to get weapons. either by monster drop or weapon casses you find in the wasteland. The First, by monster drop is very effective in the begining of the game where only a select few enemies drop weapons. However later in the game it becomes a LOT more frequent. Like everything you kill drops a weapon and this is annoying becasue they are never or rarly any good. So when there not you can sell them to vendors. The second way is to find a weapon case and when you open it you get anywhere from 1 to 4 guns and some ammo and grenades. There tends to be a better chance to get a good gun when you open these and that should be the case because they are less frequent than enemies. It doesn't really make sense that there are only two kinds of weapon casses but 8 different weapon manufacturers.

About the cash's not nessisary because the only thing you use it for it when you die the NEW YOU POLE you respawn at charges you for it's servises.(Opps not weapon related) I never bought a single gun from the venders or grenade mods because the stuff you get from killing enemies is better, even the crappy stuff is. You can also buy ammo from these venders but theres no need to becasue theres ammo casses everywhere you go and they are free.

But i have to commend GEARBOX SOFTWARE for trying something new. They didn't hit all the right notes but Borderlands is an enjoyable game that will take you a while to beat.

Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3
Price: $10.50
279 used & new from $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I felt really let down by Capcom after playing this, December 13, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game had a lot of potential but it fell way short of what i could have been.

First of let me say that the AI is Terrible! At Least in regards to Sheva. She is the stupidest AI character i have ever had to deal with. There was a part in the game when her commander says to Chris that she is a very skilled soldier and I laughed so hard when he said that. She always shoots first and removes the element of supprise you could sometimes have. Also When she shoots she doesn't stop until until she's totally out of ammo. She uses herbs and health spray as soon as i give it to her too.

I want to comment about how you can't mix herbs in her inventory either. You have to move them into your inventory to do it. And given the lack of inventory space(9 slots each) it's really a problem. Did i mention that the body armor you can buy takes up an inventory slot? No? Well it does.

The set up of the levels is in chapters like the last one only you can go back to any one at any given time which mean you can farm the levels for ammo and treasures. I found myself doing this every few chapters because I was low on ammo( Thanks Sheva!). Theres no combining treasure like in 4 WTF???

There one more thing that really pissed me off about this and thats the fact that you can't us a herb or health spray when its on the ground. Like if your about to pick it up but want to use it right away you need to have a free slot open in your inventory to do so. In Resident evil 4 you could just use it without having to pick it up.

The ending also wasn't very exciting, at least in my opinion but i'm not going to spoil it for you.

The reason i gave it 4 stars for fun is becasue of the mercenaries mini game which is awsome. This is probably the only "fun" i had with this game and you know why? No stupid Sheva using all my ammo! Too bad you have to BEAT the game to get it! The no pausing to switch weapons in the inventry adds a level of urgency to it too. If you really have to have this game I would suggest rushing through the story to get to the MERCENARIES!!!

And for you people that are going to say I should play it with a friend or "why don't you get some friends" I didn't want to play it with a friend because it's a survival horror game if i play it with a friend it kind of of ruins that. Not that Capcom didn't do most of that for me already.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2009 10:32 AM PST

PlayStation 3 Slim 120GB (Old Model)
PlayStation 3 Slim 120GB (Old Model)
103 used & new from $98.95

5.0 out of 5 stars *PS3 Slim i shall do your bidding*, September 26, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I LOVE THIS MACHINE(or is it jesus retuned to earth?)!!! The games i have bought have not been all great though. I love burnout paradise and dead space. Hate assasin's creed and warhawk. The best online ive played yet has been bad company. Having to pay 60 bucks for a new game is a bummer but i'll just have to get use to it i guess because this machine isn't going anywhere.

Preorder BORDERLANDS it's going to be SICK!!!

Battlefield: Bad Company - Playstation 3
Battlefield: Bad Company - Playstation 3
Offered by Midwest Collections Online
Price: $17.99
110 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Realistic Game, September 26, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's so much fun to blow a hole in the side of a bedroom wall and jump out. The destructible invironments are a great addition to the battlefield world. I kind of miss the hotswap from battlefield 2 but the chaos they added makes up for it. There should also have been more than 2 online modes but theres no other game like this(red faction doesn't count) that you can blow up almost anything so it never gets old.

I'm really looking forward to BAD COMPANY 2!!!(there better be downloadable content added after release!!!)

Page: 1 | 2