Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for The Dawdler > Reviews

Browse

The Dawdler's Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Dawdler RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
GLS Audio 6ft Patch Cable Cords - XLR Male To XLR Female Color Cables - 6' Balanced Snake Cord - 6 PACK
Offered by GLS Audio, Inc.
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 11, 2016
Good quality so far. Nice, soft, flexible housing. I like the colors. Everything as expected and on time.

Granite Gear Air Style Hiker Wallet - Grape
Granite Gear Air Style Hiker Wallet - Grape
Offered by Brooklyn Camp Supply
Price: $9.95
4 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 great uses so far, March 10, 2016
I'm using these for two purposes that work quite well so far:

1 - Inhaler pouch for my son. Clips to backpacks, etc. Always know where it is.
2 - Clip it to my dog leash loop to hold a roll of doggy bags! Lol. It's perfect.

Useful.

Leatherman - Micra® Multi-Tool, Black
Leatherman - Micra® Multi-Tool, Black
Offered by Hardware Sales Inc.
Price: $25.84
10 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect keychain tool., February 29, 2016
I've had one of these on my keychain for years. Reliable and useful. Love it.

Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Support (Titanium, 5)
Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Support (Titanium, 5)
Price: Click here to see our price
47 used & new from $60.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a big difference for me. Well worth it., February 29, 2016
These really make a difference for me. I have mild osteoarthritis starting in knees. I use these during and after skiing, running and basketball. They're good to wear for a while after activity for recovery. I feel a lot of support and the compression helps a lot during and after. Very, very worth it for me.

AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones
AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, February 29, 2016
Right earbud failed after 2 days. Yes it's very low-cost. But still.... 2 days?

Cellularize Z100 Portable Charger W/ LED Flashlight 3000mAh; Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, Note, iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S and Other USB Cables (Silver)
Offered by Cellularize

3.0 out of 5 stars Small, convenient. Maybe not enough juice for iPhone 6, May 14, 2015
It's a very convenient size. Easy controls. I like the flashlight.

BUT - it can barely charge my iPhone 6. Very slow and doesn't even seem to be able to charge fully.

That said - I think the battery on my iPhone 6 could also be slightly lemon-scented. So - if it turns out to be the battery, I'll re-up.

But if you have a device that's a battery hog (whether it's a defective battery or whatever) this may not be the right portable charger.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2015 5:34 PM PDT

RESCUE TAPE Self-Fusing Silicone Tape (1", Black)
RESCUE TAPE Self-Fusing Silicone Tape (1", Black)
Offered by amazingindustrialfullfillment
Price: $9.95
3 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for quick, temporary patch., May 3, 2015
I just patched a 1" hole in an under-sink pipe that had rusted out. Today's Sunday when we discovered the leak - so this product most certainly saved me many times its price in time, convenience and avoiding weekend plumber fees. In my case it's not a permanent solution. The pipe is done. But this bought me more than enough time to not ruin my weekend. :)

It can be tricky to apply in a tight spot, like under the sink - since you do need to maintain stretch at all times, while also un-peeling the plastic film between layers as you go. I found pre-cutting smaller pieces made the job easier and it still seems to form a seal just fine. But mine is a very low--pressure leak. Smaller pieces may not do for a higher pressure leak.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Small
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Small
Price: $109.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool idea - band simply not secure enough for a very physically active adult., January 3, 2015
I liked it while I had it. I got it for Christmas and I've already lost it. Why? Because the band is absolutely not secure enough. I'm a big dude and I'm very active. I have two young kids. I wrestle, I bounce against walls, I throw heavy bags on and off. This thing scrapes off my wrist ALL THE TIME. It fell off at the park and now it's gone.

I really liked the idea of it. I was really getting into quantifying my activity and setting goals. But I don't see this band working for me so I don't think I'll replace. I'd pay more for a band with a clasp. (I realize the Charge HR has a clasp - I might consider that, though I don't really need HR monitoring).

If/when I either try the HR or Fitbit introduces a new band option for the Charge (something with a clasp) I'll re-consider the rating. :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 3:53 PM PST

Sylvania SDVD1048 10-Inch Portable DVD Player, 5 Hour Rechargeable Battery, Swivel Screen, with USB/SD Card Reader and Car Bag/Mounting Kit
Offered by Good Luck Bargains
Price: $99.99
26 used & new from $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible controls, no resume, volume too low..., November 26, 2014
More cons than pros

- No "Resume" function. What!?!? Unbelievable.
- Volume controls are terrible. They double volume control buttons with stop and play buttons. Short press is stop. Long press is volume "-". Etc. This is klunky.
- Max volume is way too low. I'm not sure if it was like this from the beginning or if this is a recent development but when I put the volume up all the way to 20, it's still kind of quiet. Which means if there's any ambient noise it's hard for the kids to hear.
- Feels light/flimsy

I guess you get what you pay for.

[UPDATE] Reducing to 1 star. Looking for a replacement. Sorry - the lack of resume alone is a dealbreaker.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2016 7:14 AM PST

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Lower quality than I was hoping for. Some pieces too tight, many too loose/wobbly., August 13, 2014
Unfortunately the quality is not great. The pieces don't fit together very well. Some of the pieces are way too loose in the connectors, thus causing the structure to fall apart very easily. The cube connectors allow the rods to go all the way through so it's up to the builder to put the rod in just far enough but not too far. That's asking a lot of a 4-5 year old. Some of the cube connector holes are much too big allowing way too much play so even if you get the rod in the right amount it wiggles/wobbles. The whole thing is really loosey-goosey. Frustrating for a 5 year old's dad, let alone for the 5 year old. :) We'll stick with Lego's and other systems where the pieces fit together really well and there is not so much margin for error. Maybe better for 6+ or a precocious, patient and meticulous 4-5 year old.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2014 12:50 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5