Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for butterflew > Reviews

Browse

butterflew's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

butterflew RSS Feed

Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors
Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors
by Andrea Nguyen
Price: $23.33
86 used & new from $12.75

3.0 out of 5 stars good instructions, but bland recipes, February 25, 2012
I bought this book based on 4 and 5 stars reviews, so I thought it would be a great cookbook, but it's just so so. I was born and grew up in VN, and my grandma and mom are excellent cooks, so I know how authentic Vietnamese food taste like. A good food blog writer recommended this book, so I expected the recipes to taste good as long as I follow the instructions well. So far all the recipes I've tried tend to be bland, so I recommend adding more fish sauce, sugar, and salt.

The book lays a good foundation for making Vietnamese food, but if I wasn't a native, I would not like the food I made from this book. Therefore, I would not recommend buying this book as a gift for ppl who don't know how to make VN food already.

This book has a very good recipe for making caramel sauce which helps to add a rich brown color to food. Overall, it's an Okay cookbook.

Hyperlearning MCAT Verbal Reasoning & Writing Review (2009)
Hyperlearning MCAT Verbal Reasoning & Writing Review (2009)
by Jennifer S. Wooddell
10 used & new from $0.16

1.0 out of 5 stars a FAKE, August 11, 2010
This seller is a FAKE. Never reply to my emails ( emailed 3 times), still have not shipped my book after 1 month. DO NOT buy from this seller. Wish I read the previous comment before I ordered.

Hearing with the Heart: A Gentle Guide to Discerning God's Will for Your Life
Hearing with the Heart: A Gentle Guide to Discerning God's Will for Your Life
by Debra K. Farrington
62 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, November 29, 2009
I borrow this book from a friend, and I like reading it alot, so I decide to buy myself one copy.
This books offers step by step directions on how to discern God's wills for our lives. I've always wanted a book that not only tells me what it means by listening for God's voice but also "HOW" can we listen for God's voice. This book offers me what I've looked for. A great buy and I'm thinking about buying for my friends as Christmas gifts.

Principles of Modern Chemistry, Sixth Edition
Principles of Modern Chemistry, Sixth Edition
by David W. Oxtoby
121 used & new from $1.25

2.0 out of 5 stars this is a science textbook, not history textbook, so please don't go on and on with the history, October 16, 2007
well, he talks about lots and lots and lots of experiments. I hate this book
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2009 12:09 PM PDT

Kensington Lift-off Portable Notebook Computer Cooling Stand-60149
Kensington Lift-off Portable Notebook Computer Cooling Stand-60149
Price: $12.98
50 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, September 4, 2007
At first, I kinda skeptical about buying it, but once I opened it, I knew it was exactly what i needed. It is so so light about the weight of the TI 83 calculator. It holds my computer perfectly (12.1 inch and about 4 pounds.) The only thing is that it doesn't lift up as high as i would like it too, and there are only 2 adjusting levels. I bought it so i wouldn't have to look down for an extensive time to read, and also I could carry it around campus. It works wonderfully for my purposes. If you want FREE SHIPPING with the price of 11.99 then call office depot, and order on the phone, and ask for free shipping. I did that. Okii, hope this helps.