Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for LMN > Reviews

Browse

LMN's Profile

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LMN RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
OtterBox Defender Case for BlackBerry 9330, 9300, 8530, and 8520 (Black)
OtterBox Defender Case for BlackBerry 9330, 9300, 8530, and 8520 (Black)
Offered by GOCELL
Price: $25.99
5 used & new from $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars makes my blackberry squeal, October 21, 2010
This case would be great, but it causes my blackberry to SQUEAL (as in feedback) when I'm on the phone. Not in speakerphone mode, just in regular talking with the phone to my ear mode. This is not a problem with my phone--when I took off the case, it doesn't squeal. I'm surprised this happened b/c all I've seen are glowing reviews for the Otterbox. But I'm returning mine.

A Child's Gift of Lullabies
A Child's Gift of Lullabies
Price: $8.38
106 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the Tonya Goodman Sykes CD, October 16, 2010
These lullabyes are beautiful, so no penalty of a lower rating from me. BUT, if you are buying this as a gift (or a replacement for a worn out CD or cassette that's been listened to so much it's worn out) & you have the Tanya Goodman CD, go look for the more expensive version. This $9 version is "varoius artists." If you haven't listened to this CD before, then this version is probably fine. But if you love the Tanya Goodman-only version, then find the $23 CD & get that one. It takes extra time & extra $, but it's worth it. I can't imagine listening to these lullabyes sung by anyone but her.

Child's Gift of Lullabies
Child's Gift of Lullabies
Offered by Skerb
Price: $17.99
36 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the difference between $8.99 & $22.99?, October 16, 2010
A lot! At least, from what I can tell from the descriptions of the two versions of this CD, the ~$9 version is "various artists." The more expensive--and better CD, IMO--is sung by Tanya Goodman only. The CD version of her songs is what we were given almost 10 years ago at our daughter's baby shower. It's the version I *thought* I'd been giving as gifts to every new mom I know. Today, as I was sending this CD to another new mom-to-be, I realized the cheaper version is "various artists." Now, these singers my be fine performers, but I can't imagine listening to these songs sung by anyone other than Ms. Goodman. The lullabyes are beautifully written, but her voice is a huge reason we love this lullabye CD more than any other. I think it's worth the extra money--and extra delivery time--to go with the best. Believe me, a new mom & dad will more than get their money's worth from these precious, memorable songs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2015 6:32 PM PST

Liftmaster 81LM/850CB Remote Control Transmitter(See Tech. Details Below)
Liftmaster 81LM/850CB Remote Control Transmitter(See Tech. Details Below)
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars easy!, October 16, 2010
It literally took 5 seconds to set this up. I got a chair, climbed up, pushed the green button on the garage door opener, pushed the remote control button, and viola! New opener fully functioning. My only regret is I didn't buy this 6 months ago. I'd been struggling with my new opener not working properly for way too long.

Speck Fitted Case for iPod touch 2G, 3G (Tan Houndstooth Plaid)
Speck Fitted Case for iPod touch 2G, 3G (Tan Houndstooth Plaid)

5.0 out of 5 stars great case, October 16, 2010
This is my favorite style of iPod Touch cases. It stays put in my hand while I read books from the Kindle app. I liked this color/print because it was the cheapest, but it really is cute.

OPI Nail Polish Baguette Me Not, La Collection De France
OPI Nail Polish Baguette Me Not, La Collection De France

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous color, October 16, 2010
I get a lot of compliments on this color. It's my favorite of all the OPI colors I have.

Gloria Jean's Coffees, Butter Toffee, 24-Count K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)
Offered by Deals On Call
Price: $28.95
14 used & new from $28.95

4.0 out of 5 stars coffee flavor too weak for my taste, but I fixed that!, April 30, 2010
The flavor of this coffee is nice, but it's not quite strong enough for my taste. I have a mini Keurig machine, the kind that makes one cup at a time. If I get a little too much water in the tank, the coffee is weak. If I get the water even with the fill line, it's still not quite "coffee" enough for me. The butter toffee flavor is delicious, though. If you like coffee on the light side, you'll like this coffee. If you like a medium to bold coffee flavor, skip this one. I'll finish my box, but I won't be buying again.

EDIT: I'm coming back to edit this review 6 months later, because I've had to eat my words. I HAVE bought more of this coffee, and I can't in good conscience leave this review as is.

After my first box, I tried other K Cups, & what I found was--they were all either too weak or too blech tasting. So what I've done is go back to the toffee flavor, & in every cup I add one of those instant coffee sticks you can buy at the grocery store in the coffee aisle (20 per box for around $3.50). It adds just the right amount of extra coffee boldness that I like. I add the Hazelnut instant coffee to this flavor, and it's wonderful.

I love that Amazon has now added a 50 cup box, frustration free packaging, for $22. What a deal.

New Vegetarian Cuisine: 250 Low-Fat Recipes for Superior Health
New Vegetarian Cuisine: 250 Low-Fat Recipes for Superior Health
by Linda Rosensweig
Price: $13.96
144 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook for 1st time Veggies, March 17, 2009
I'm not a vegetarian but wanted to start cooking healthier, non meat recipes for me & my husband (the kids won't touch this stuff, haha). This is very nice cookbook. The recipes are relatively simple & don't call for 2 dozen ingredients. I'm not a "gotta have a picture for every recipe" kind of cook, but there are some very nice pictures of several recipes (but not all). The few dishes I've made so far are tasty. I have many more I can't wait to make. If you are looking for an easy recipe, basic cookbook for vegetarians, this would be a good choice.

CamelBak BPA-Free Better Bottle with Bite Valve
CamelBak BPA-Free Better Bottle with Bite Valve
Price: $45.65 - $186.14

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this bottle, November 3, 2008
I did. I've used it for a couple of weeks now, and while the bottle is lightweight, BPA free, has a great little handle for carrying around, and doesn't leak, I can't get past the straw. I drink 3 liters of water a day, and by noon my jaw is so sore from the effort to bite and drink, it's just not worth it. It may just be me. I don't chew gum either because my jaw can't take the effort. So if you don't have that problem, then this bottle is for you. If you are like me, though, and you have a sensitive jaw joint, then I'd look for a different solution.

The Great Man
The Great Man
by Kate Christensen
Price: $14.12
204 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summer read, July 1, 2008
This review is from: The Great Man (Paperback)
This is the first book by Kate Christensen that I have read, and I was highly impressed both by her writing style and her character creations. It's not too heavy a read for the summer, but not as light as "typical chick lit." It was fascinating to read about older women and how they have such rich inner (and outer) lives, even well into their 80's.

If you are looking for an entertaining yet enriching book, you will not be disappointed with The Great Man.

I'm buying another of Christensen's books today, that's how much I liked this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4