Profile for LMN > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LMN RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Vegetarian Cuisine: 250 Low-Fat Recipes for Superior Health
New Vegetarian Cuisine: 250 Low-Fat Recipes for Superior Health
by Linda Rosensweig
Price: $14.86
194 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook for 1st time Veggies, March 17, 2009
I'm not a vegetarian but wanted to start cooking healthier, non meat recipes for me & my husband (the kids won't touch this stuff, haha). This is very nice cookbook. The recipes are relatively simple & don't call for 2 dozen ingredients. I'm not a "gotta have a picture for every recipe" kind of cook, but there are some very nice pictures of several recipes (but not all). The few dishes I've made so far are tasty. I have many more I can't wait to make. If you are looking for an easy recipe, basic cookbook for vegetarians, this would be a good choice.

CamelBak BPA-Free Better Bottle with Bite Valve
CamelBak BPA-Free Better Bottle with Bite Valve

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this bottle, November 3, 2008
I did. I've used it for a couple of weeks now, and while the bottle is lightweight, BPA free, has a great little handle for carrying around, and doesn't leak, I can't get past the straw. I drink 3 liters of water a day, and by noon my jaw is so sore from the effort to bite and drink, it's just not worth it. It may just be me. I don't chew gum either because my jaw can't take the effort. So if you don't have that problem, then this bottle is for you. If you are like me, though, and you have a sensitive jaw joint, then I'd look for a different solution.

The Great Man
The Great Man
by Kate Christensen
Price: $10.43
249 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summer read, July 1, 2008
This review is from: The Great Man (Paperback)
This is the first book by Kate Christensen that I have read, and I was highly impressed both by her writing style and her character creations. It's not too heavy a read for the summer, but not as light as "typical chick lit." It was fascinating to read about older women and how they have such rich inner (and outer) lives, even well into their 80's.

If you are looking for an entertaining yet enriching book, you will not be disappointed with The Great Man.

I'm buying another of Christensen's books today, that's how much I liked this one.

Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir
Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir
by Jennette Fulda
Price: $10.78
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Even if you don't have half your weight to lose, May 6, 2008
...you'll still find plenty to identify with in Jennette's entertaining memoir. This isn't a self-help book or a diet instruction manual. There are enough of those already, aren't there?! Instead, it's an honest and funny look at the author's relationship with food and herself, and how she found out what life could be like when she ate better and moved more. A great weight loss memoir that you won't be able to put down (except when you go for a run, which Jennette might just inspire you to do).

The Six O'Clock Scramble: Quick, Healthy, and Delicious Dinner Recipes for Busy Families
by Aviva Goldfarb
Price: $16.14
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook I Use the Most, October 16, 2006
Aviva's cookbook is really stellar. Her recipes are simple, tasty, healthy, and fun. I love that there are so many vegetarian recipes, and it's terrific that they are organized by season so you can take advantage of the produce available at different times of year. I am not a great cook, and only make one or two homemade meals a week. But when I do, I am using Aviva's cookbook. It's the one on my kitchen counter with all the page corners folded down and notes in the margins. It will never find it's way to my "cookbook graveyard" cabinet above my stove.

This would make a great gift to anyone who likes to cook or who, like me, doesn't know how to cook unless it's with a simple recipe. 5 stars!

Funnel Cloud
Funnel Cloud
38 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Music, October 2, 2006
This review is from: Funnel Cloud (Audio CD)
I heard about Hem on NPR, and bought Funnel Cloud soon after. I'd never heard them before. I love this CD and am happy to find a new group to listen to. "The Pills Stopped Working" is my favorite song. The other songs are soft, mellow, beautifully written. The music is rich and complex. I look forward to hearing more of Hem.

Child's Gift of Lullabyes
Child's Gift of Lullabyes
7 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best lullabye CD ever, March 21, 2005
I must add my praises to everyone else's. We received this CD 4 years ago for the birth of our first daughter. The songs are soothing, beautiful, unique, never boring or irritating, and can be listened to over and over. The lyrics are easy to learn, and I still sing my daughter to sleep sometimes even without the CD playing. Buy this CD for your children and anyone you know who is having a baby--you will forever be remembered fondly for giving one of the best gifts the new parents received.

EDIT: I recommend the Tanya Goodman ONLY version, even though it's more than twice the cost of this CD. It's worth every penny. I didn't realize this was the various artists CD. I love her voice--I can't imagine anyone else singing these songs but her.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3