Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for pk > Reviews

Browse

pk's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

pk "pkneute" RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2
Record for Joplin
Record for Joplin
10 used & new from $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Download Code included!, May 2, 2015
This review is from: Record for Joplin (Vinyl)
The album comes with a code for a digital download. Their rendition of St. James Infirmary Blues is worth the purchase alone. Oh, and it's for a worthy cause!

Any Way, Shape Or Form
Any Way, Shape Or Form
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars They are amazing down to earth guys, April 6, 2015
This review is from: Any Way, Shape Or Form (MP3 Music)
The Ben Miller Band absolutely blew me away when I saw them open for ZZ Top at the Count Basie in Red Bank, NJ. I was able to chat with them briefly at the end of the show. They are amazing down to earth guys. Their music is a breath of fresh air. They literally killed on stage! Get this album, and then get Heavy Load. It's a purchase you won't regret if you like real music with heart.

Filson 1.5 Inch Double Belt - Brown
Filson 1.5 Inch Double Belt - Brown
Offered by K&M Camera
Price: $88.00
2 used & new from $88.00

3.0 out of 5 stars STIFF! Will take a while to break in., June 7, 2014
They don't give you snaps to add your own belt buckle, they are rivets. A quick trip to my local belt guy took care of that though.

Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Bandsaw Kit
Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Bandsaw Kit
Offered by Protools Inc
Price: $159.00
25 used & new from $139.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good tool to have in your arsenal., October 14, 2013
I got this saw on a Saturday and used it on the job the following Monday. I needed to remove some copper tubing from a heating system in a tight, miserable, wet crawlspace. The copper was mostly hanging loose, so a reciprocating saw would have vibrated it too much to efficiently cut it. An imp cutter would have taken too long. I also had limited egress, so it was important that the pieces be cut into manageable lengths so they could be removed from the space. The Milwaukee 2429 Cordless M12 band saw was just the tool to do the job. Unlike their M12 tubing cutter, which requires a straight piece of copper tubing without a fitting or globs of solder, as long as whatever you want to cut is 1 5/8" OD or less, this saw will work. It made short work of this task and saved me from having to fight to get the copper out. So far I am pleased with it. I can see that some reviewers may say the tool is underpowered. It is what it is. I won't say you have to baby it, but obviously as a 12-volt battery powered tool, you aren't going to get the same amount of cutting force as you would with a corded band saw. I haven't tried this on threaded rod yet, but I'm sure it's faster than a hacksaw, and won't destroy the threads like a reciprocating saw. The fact that it is cordless makes it the ideal tool for any tradesman where the need for mobility would make running a cord impractical and frustrating. This is the greatest tool to come along since the cordless reciprocating saw.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2015 8:58 AM PDT

St. Anger
St. Anger
149 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Ten years later..., March 16, 2013
This review is from: St. Anger (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Metallica since Puppets, back in 1986 when I was twelve years old. I've followed them throughout the years, except for a period in the mid to late 90's when they released 400 videos from the Black album and the whole Load, Reload, Garage Inc, and Live S*** binge and purge era. I HATED this album when it came out. Now that I'm 38, I have a more objective viewpoint of heavy metal and it's place in my life. I have to say that this album is completely underrated. Is it Metallica, sure...is it anything like the first four Metallica albums--absolutely not. Dare I say that I like this album better than the earlier Metallica stuff? As I'm writing this, yep. Blasphemy? Probably...It's angry, piss and vinegar metal at its best. The entire album from start to end is amazing.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars no good, December 26, 2011
They fall out of my ears regardless of which size ear buds I use, particularly when jogging. Also, the wire coating deteriorates and crumbles over time. Poorly made, not worth the money. Next time I'll buy some cheap headphones instead.

A Separate Peace
A Separate Peace
by John Knowles
Price: $7.29
1048 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars a must read, June 29, 2006
This review is from: A Separate Peace (Paperback)
If you enjoyed A Catcher in the Rye, this book deals with the same type of youthful angst and self-loathing you find in Salinger's Holden Caulfied. The main character Gene winds up maiming his good friend (or enemy?) and has to deal with the reality of the action (purposeful or not?) for the rest of his life. I highly recommend it.

Pitchfork & Lost Needles
Pitchfork & Lost Needles
13 used & new from $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Old vs New, July 15, 2005
If this were a single containing just tracks 9-10 it would have gotten 5 stars....likewise if it only contained Pitchfork and the early demos. However, the new and old tracks have no business being on the same disc. IMO the new songs are superior to most of the songs on the new album, and could have easily replaced some of the instrumentals and covers that we got instead.

Tracks 5-8 are great examples that lend some insight into the evolution of the tracks on TSL. Most of them use lyrics that made their way into other songs on their debut album.

If anything, this release shows you how much Clutch's sound has changed (for good or bad depending on who you ask) since their first release.

It's definitely worth getting just for the new songs alone--and if you don't own the original Pitchfork it's a no-brainer

Devils & Dust
Devils & Dust
Offered by TheUniqueStoreNV
Price: $6.78
145 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars just awful..., June 14, 2005
This review is from: Devils & Dust (Audio CD)
Born in the U.S.A. was his last decent album, and the commercial success of that one marked the beginning of his slow and steady decline. Everything since then has fallen short of the mark. Get his first 5 albums or so and remember the Bruce we all loved back in the glory days.

Handbook of Knots: EXPANDED EDITION
Handbook of Knots: EXPANDED EDITION
by Des Pawson
51 used & new from $1.26

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, but..., March 9, 2005
A great book, with great color illustrations, some information about rope, and which knots are good for which activities or goals. The book starts off too complicated for me. I think they need to publish a "Knots for Idiots" book...that would be more my pace. If you're completely new to knots, like me, give up now.

Page: 1 | 2