Profile for noname > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

noname RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Femmycycle Menstrual Cup
Femmycycle Menstrual Cup

4.0 out of 5 stars learning curve, June 16, 2014
Pros:
--25% larger capacity (40ml) than any other cup on the market (I have an incredibly heavy flow and with previous menstrual cups I have to empty my cup every hour or so on some days and even get up in the middle of the night to empty it. Not so with the Femmycycle)
--soft and more flexible, doesn't jab me in the bladder like stiffer cups
--ring instead of stem. I know it seems like a bulky ring would be more intrusive but it is actually less so than a pointy stem. I also find the ring makes removal so easy I can do it one-handed and without any concerns of dropping it. I can't say how many times I've accidentally dropped my DivaCup and Fleur Cup in the toilet during removal!
--inner membrane or "lid" flips out during removal as another reviewer said. However, I find this actually keeps the mess more contained and directs the contents straight down into the toilet rather than making a big splash upon removal as my other cups have done.

Cons:
--the learning curve is substantial. I've used menstrual cups for 6 years, so I am by no means a newbie at this. But it took four cycles of experimenting, getting frustrating, putting my Fleur Cup back in, etc. before I got the hang of getting this thing to open following insertion every single time. I know it's supposed to take some time and open gradually while pulling the flow into the cup, but using the c-fold as instructed caused the thing not to open at all for me. Then everything would slide right past the cup and make a mess! I eventually discovered a 7-fold or twist. Then, upon insertion, I make sure that the ring is centered between the folds and not still on one side of them, so that it will in fact open evenly.
--being forced to buy two instead of one. I don't need two and didn't like being forced to buy something I don't want or need
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2014 2:52 PM PDT

Going Public: Your Child Can Thrive in Public School
Going Public: Your Child Can Thrive in Public School
by Dean Merrill
58 used & new from $0.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Take this stuff seriously, March 4, 2013
There are many outstanding concepts in this book. The main is to take your job as parent seriously. If you are going to public-school, then take the responsibility that goes with that. It's a full-time responsibility and most two-job households aren't going to have the time to pull it off.

Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
by Pamela Druckerman
Price: $14.66
131 used & new from $2.82

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, January 12, 2013
Throw out all of your parenting books, Moms and Dads! This book will change your life!! You will gain confidence, you will laugh out loud, you won't be able to put it down! Instead of sifting through hundreds of parenting tips, you will learn the few that actually count and discount the rest. It's a parenting book disguised as a memoir and it's the best I've ever read.

I understand the controversy surrounding the author. I realize this may make some parents lose their trust in her parenting abilities and her judgement. However, even though I am a conservative Christian, I would highly recommend not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This gal knows her stuff when it comes to both French and American parenting and although I don't condone some of her personal choices, she is a good author!

Capezio Little Girls' Short Sleeve Nylon Dress
Capezio Little Girls' Short Sleeve Nylon Dress
Price: $27.63 - $30.95

4.0 out of 5 stars SMALL!!, August 28, 2012
Love this leotard but it is SMALL!. 3-year-old average sized daughter *just fits* the 4-6 and it won't last another year, which is a shame for a dance outfit that cost me $37.00 (with shipping). The fabric is thick and looks durable, the front is lined, the little skirt adorable. Just be forwarned about sizing!

Living World Deluxe Pet Habitat, X-Large
Living World Deluxe Pet Habitat, X-Large
Price: $99.39
9 used & new from $81.88

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!!!, July 16, 2012
This is the absolutely perfect cage for our Jersey Wooly. The water bottle works great--I love how it fastens to the cage and how it is completely noiseless when bunny is drinking. When he uses other water bottles, the metal ball clanks against the tube and it wakes me up at night. The hay rack is great and the locking food dish keeps him from accidentally kicking his food around. The only thing I added to this setup was a scatterless locking litter pan (size large) with pine stall pellets (horse litter--40lb bag for $7) for litter. I can't imagine a smaller cage even for a dwarf rabbit. He can actually hop several steps in this cage, stretch out and sleep wherever he wants, and stand fully upright on hind legs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2012 12:33 PM PDT

Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
Offered by Bright Line
Price: $269.99
9 used & new from $247.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart vs All-Clad, June 9, 2011
Excellent set. I've used non-stick prior to this and these are actually easier to clean! Maybe it's the glossy surface versus the textured of a non-stick pan, but Bar Keepers Friend is fantastic at keeping these pans like new. I researched extensively before purchasing, trying to find information comparing this set to All-Clad. Little did I know that my own mother had the whole All-Clad set in her cupboard.

So I am happy to write an honest comparison: the two brands are virtually identical except for three important areas--cost, handles, pouring. 1) Obviously Cuisinart wins in the cost area. 2) Cuisinart handles are much more ergonomically pleasing. Pans from both sets are heavy when full of food but even empty they are a little heavy (compared to my previous lightweight Walmart stuff) and the All-Clad handles left painful indents in my palms just carrying a pot from stovetop to sink. 3) Cuisinart's edges are flared and makes pouring out liquids and sauces so easy. All-Clad's are standard straight up and down so they make a mess typical of other brands.

Toilet Training in Less Than a Day
Toilet Training in Less Than a Day
by Nathan H. Azrin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
237 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally trained!, July 7, 2010
My son was 33 months old and we had tried all the methods out there--Elimination Communication, Naked & 75, rewards, charts, stickers, Toilet-Training the Brazelton Way--and nothing worked! I was desperate. Preschool started in 3 months and we had essentially been toilet-training in one form or another for 2 years! We also had an 11-month-old and I was tired of diapering two children. Then a friend from church told me about this book and I mentioned it to my mom. Lo and behold, she used it to train all four of us kids back in the 70's and 80's! I bought the Potty Scotty doll used on ebay, even though my son is not much into baby dolls (I keep buying them though, trying to make him into a nurturing little man), and read the book. Hubby did most of the work (my boy prefers Daddy to Mommy) thanks to my cheat-sheet and we had our extremely stubborn and OCD child trained in 4 hours. The book has a readiness checklist which, unlike "modern" checklists, is very specific and helpful. Don't start before your child is ready, but do start as soon as he truly is. Some reviewers have written they only had a few accidents after the training day, or none at all, but that wasn't us. Son had approximately 40 accidents the first month after training but that was my fault with not being consistent about "practice runs." Also, we had him so screwed up from previous training attempts that I'm not surprised. The first night I tried to put him in a pull-up (something the book is against) just out of fear for his mattress, and he said, "Oooh, a dipaer!" Oops! I put it away quickly and put him in underwear and plastic pants. At any rate, two months later he is completely accident-free!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars too much, June 19, 2010
I usually cloth diaper using Flip diapers by Cotton Babies, and I find that cloth diapering is much easier than gDiapers. It's too much to separate the flushable vs washable parts of this system. I want something either entirely disposable or entirely reusable. Also the price is outrageous. I can get a box of 82 disposable diapers at Walmart for less than this 32-count bag of gdiapers. Even purchasing in bulk with the auto-refill service from Amazon, each flushable still comes out to $.36/piece. Store-brand disposables bought in bulk are around $.12/diaper. Just can't pass up the savings of cheap disposables or cloth diapers.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars looks better in person, April 19, 2008
These plastic placemats look and feel like bamboo, not cheap plastic. The concept of using regular cloth placemats doesn't even make sense--they are meant to catch food that falls off your plate but they stain easily and are usually ruined in the wash. I only use plastic!

Sunshine Kids New Radian 80 Convertible Car Seat - SuperCool
Sunshine Kids New Radian 80 Convertible Car Seat - SuperCool

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Britax!, April 2, 2008
First I purchased the Britax Boulevard and then The First Years True Fit. Both were huge and bulky. When fully tightened in the rear-facing position using the LATCH system, both could be grasped by their bases from the front seat and pulled forward, pushing baby's head into the back seat. The same could be done by just pushing on the backs of these carseats (in the rear-facing position), so baby's face would slam into the back seat in a head-on collision!

The Sunshine Radian is different! It has a detachable base which, when installed in the rear-facing position, fully fills in the gap between the carseat and seat back. No bulky towels that shift, no water noodles that get squished down. And a SNUG FIT! Additionally, there is a very easy floor tether that secures this carseat further, even in the rear-facing position (The First Years True Fit offers no such tether, and Britax's rear-facing tether is strung over baby's head!) and even if your car doesn't come manufactured with a specific tether point!

The mesh fabric stays dry and cool even on the hottest days, there's plenty of leg room even in the rear-facing position, and this whole seat fits (albeit snuggly) in the backseat of my 2004 Saturn LW300 (a very small backseat!). Also, there's a little card pouch to fill out with your child's medical information in case of an accident so emergency personel can immediately treat your child!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2009 7:47 AM PDT