Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ALPS Mountaineering 5024617 Lynx 1-Person Tent
ALPS Mountaineering 5024617 Lynx 1-Person Tent
Price: $71.99
46 used & new from $61.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Boy Scouts, April 13, 2016
When my now 12-year-old son moved up from Cub Scouts to a Boy Scout troop that goes backpacking every month I had to find camping gear that was lightweight, durable, and reasonably priced. This tent from Alps Mountaineering fits the bill. It's lightweight enough for him to carry in his pack without problems, sets up so easily that he can do it himself without help, is so well-constructed that he was one of the few Scouts in his troop that didn't get wet when they were caught in an overnight rainstorm last year, and is several hundred dollars cheaper than the comparable tents I considered at local hiking shops and REI. In fact this tent is so good that when it was on sale recently I ordered a second one for my 10-year-old who will be moving up to Boy Scouts next year. Yes, it's very small, but it's perfect for kids or minimal backpackers who still want protection from the elements.

Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions
Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions
by Christian Lander
Price: $11.59
503 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL funny!, April 12, 2016
Apparently I am very white because this book describes me perfectly and it is one of the most laugh out loud funny books I have read in years.

Stainless-steel Cooking Pot/ 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker (8 QT)
Stainless-steel Cooking Pot/ 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker (8 QT)
Offered by Smart Life USA
Price: $189.99
14 used & new from $84.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, April 12, 2016
I thought the other reviews about the machine not working properly were just isolated instances, but less than 2 weeks after we purchased this item it quit working. Specifically it overheated and turned off while cooking a meal. I followed the directions in the manual, removed the cooking pot and let it cool down for an hour. Then I tried to use it again and it promptly did the same thing. I ended up returning it and buying an Instant Pot. Don't waste your time with this one.

True Prep: It's a Whole New Old World
True Prep: It's a Whole New Old World
by Lisa Birnbach
Price: $9.26
82 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars An unworthy successor to the OPH, April 12, 2016
This comes off as a misguided attempt to cash in on the fondness for the original Official Preppy Handbook. Rather than humorous updates, Lisa Birnbach and Chip Kidd have simply taken NPR talking points and claimed them as Preppy. I guess that's what happens when you take satire seriously. If you want a funny book that actually understands satire and provides commentary on modern Prep culture, you should read Stuff White People Like by Christian Lander. From the minute I started reading it I realized that it is the true successor to the OPH, not True Prep. Do yourself a favor, buy the right one.

Bosch Season 1
Bosch Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detective show, March 11, 2015
This review is from: Bosch Season 1 (Amazon Video)
One of the best Police shows I have ever watched. If you liked HBO's True Detective you need to check out Bosch.

Russell Athletic Big & Tall Men's Big-Tall Athletic Dri-Power Pant, Black, XX-Large/Tall

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's great to finally find a pair of warmups that are ..., January 18, 2015
Perhaps I am too excited, but it's great to finally find a pair of warmups that are actually long enough. I am 6'3", 200 lbs and it has always been a struggle to find warmup pants with a 34" inseam and when I did find them they were usually size XXL and designed for someone who weighed 300 lbs. The large tall size in these pants fits me perfectly and for once I don't look like I'm expecting a flood. I highly recommend these pants.

The Misadventures of the Magician's Dog
The Misadventures of the Magician's Dog
by Frances Sackett
Price: $15.09
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut story, August 27, 2013
This is a great debut novel by my friend Frances Sackett. I enjoyed reading the story of Peter Lubinsky and his adopted dog who not only teaches him magic, but teaches him to appreciate his family and his life.

Now I'm a little biased because the author is a friend, so I gave the book to my 10-year-old son and he loves it as well.

If you have a school-aged child, this is a great book for them.

Phoenix Suns '47 Brand Vintage Scrum Tee
Phoenix Suns '47 Brand Vintage Scrum Tee

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shirts, August 27, 2013
The '47 Brand Scrum shirts may be the most comfortable shirt I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable to wear, very soft, and fits great. I am looking to buy more of these shirts now.

Sex 3.0
Sex 3.0
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book ever, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Sex 3.0 (Kindle Edition)
It's not often that I read a book and wish I could have the time back that I just wasted, but this is one of the worst books I have ever read.

Way back in high school speech and debate I learned that one trick to win an argument is to define terms in the way that is most favorable to your position. That's just one of the tricks that J.J. Roberts uses in his attempt to sell a "new" way of thinking about the relationship between Men and Women but its not the only falsehood he pushes in his book.

Among the rhetorical falsehoods in this book, Roberts makes up definitions so that the words he uses will fit his argument; he attempts to sound scientific by referencing science terms and experiments and pointing at them as a way to prove his fantastical arguments; and he takes quotes from famous people out of context.

More annoyingly, Roberts makes up history, claiming that in some fantasy land of the past where there was no property and thus no jealousy, men and women rutted like animals.

As a result, he bemoans the rise of social institutions such as courtship, romance, dating, chivalry, and especially marriage, in his attempt to claim that people can and apparently should live in open, or "unfenced" relationships because he believes this to be the natural state of the world.

Naturally, he claims that anyone who disagrees with him or judges his lifestyle is just trapped by the prejudices and outmoded beliefs of the past. In fact, he even tries to claim that anyone who believes in his new type of relationship is a victim of modern society and in a transparent attempt to gain sympathy claims that these beliefs face as much prejudice as members of the LGBT community.

While this book may serve to reassure some that their unwillingness or inability to exist in a traditional relationship is normal, those readers are only fooling themselves, just as the author is attempting to fool all of us.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 5:25 AM PDT

Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Hair Skin Nails, 250 Count
Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Hair Skin Nails, 250 Count
Offered by Grocery Trip Saver
Price: $20.59
23 used & new from $15.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy skin and strong nails, April 30, 2012
Is it weird to say that after just a few weeks of taking these my skin feels creamy? Well maybe, but its the only word I can think of describe how good my skin feels. Normally I have somewhat dry skin, but within two weeks of starting to use this product my skin constantly feels like I've just applied moisturizer, and not in a greasy way. Additionally, my fingernails seem to be growing quickly and are very strong. I haven't seen a lot of change in my hair yet, but since I'm growing out a buzz cut, I'm hoping this will cause my efforts to go quickly. Overall, I would highly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3