Profile for David Parrella > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Parrella "Nolam" RSS Feed (USA)

Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TD120BW
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $75.79
9 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've ever bought for my computer!, February 18, 2013
This thing is freaking amazing.

My motherboard is only 3Gb/s when this thing supports up to 6Gb/s, so keep that in mind while I'm saying this stuff I'm losing a lot of speed here, yet I'm still blown away

My boot time after POST (after the BiOS screen) is 4 seconds flat. FOUR FREAKING SECONDS.
Shutdown time is nearly instant, I don't even have time to read "Shutting down" before my screen is off.
Most games start up way quicker, but keep in mind this also depends on your graphics card too.
I have the Adobe Master Suite (as I edit video on this computer) on the SSD and they all start up probably ten times faster than on my laptop or the old hard drive.

As for space, Windows 8 doesn't take up too much, and it left me space for StarCraft II, the entire Adobe Master Suite, Steam, some other small games, and ETC. I still have 30gb left. If I had the budget to go for the next step up in size, I definitely would, but I can manage with this.

If you're thinking about getting an SSD, DON'T HESITATE. You will NOT be disappointed :)

GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac for Original Hero HD & Hero2 Cameras
GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac for Original Hero HD & Hero2 Cameras
Offered by Onboard-TV
Price: $59.99
14 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, February 18, 2013
Sad that they didn't keep selling these at Best Buy, on the GoPro website, or anywhere else, I took to buying it here. Works great! Battery life is a bit better than the camera's (I'm using a GoPro 2 ).

IMO, if you have a smartphone with the app then don't get the remote (if you're just an amateur who wants control) because it's a waste of money, the app works fine and better than the remote (which I returned after realizing it is useless).

Lexar Professional 400x 64GB UDMA7 CompactFlash Card LCF64G-400-1050
Lexar Professional 400x 64GB UDMA7 CompactFlash Card LCF64G-400-1050
Offered by Sunrise Nanotech
Price: $149.95
2 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, good price!, February 18, 2013
I bought this for my Canon XF100 camera hoping that it would work, even though it was not on the list of supported cards, and it works perfectly!

If you see this on sale again, don't hesitate to grab it! These things are very expensive usually!!!

NECA Valve Portal Prop Replica "Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device" Customizable Kit
Offered by West on Wayne
Price: $279.95
12 used & new from $268.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, definitely worth it!, January 17, 2013
I've said it and I'll keep saying it, even if it just sits as a display piece, it was one of the best uses of $100 I've ever found. It's a very nice replica (the plastic does feel somewhat cheap, but to the eye it looks very nice.)

The only thing I'm upset with; C batteries!??...I could barely find them at my local supermarket, hahah...

Overall great purchase, looks nice on a desk, and is an awesome tool to make all your geeky-friends jealous.

HDE USB Wireless Receiver compatible with Xbox 360 Controllers for PC Gaming and Steam Platforms
Offered by HDE
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Here's the steps to get it to work:, December 22, 2012
Alright, so for some the drivers that it comes with may not work; INSTALL THEM ANYWAYS as shown with the documentation from the CD, they may be necessary for the next steps I'm showing you (not sure, but that's what I did and it's working great so far):

AFTER installing the software it comes with on the CD and plugging it in:
1. Go to your Control Panel
6. Click on the Hardware tab
7. Click on Update Driver
8. Select Browse my computer for driver software
9. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
10. Scroll down and select Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class and click on Next
11. Select Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and click on Next
12. When the warning message appears, select Yes

Now it should work perfectly! :D
(If it doesn't sync, make sure your XBOX in the background is unplugged (or else your controller may try to talk to it), and also try moving it to different USB ports. There are a few my receiver won't work properly with for some reason.

EZOPower USB DUAL Cradle Desktop Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III i9300 Android Smartphone with Spare Battery Charging Slot/ Detachable Case Plate / Sync and Charge Function
Offered by BlueMall

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 9, 2012
Charges both battery and phone perfectly, fits with my Seidio Kickstand case in very snugly!
I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a stand!

MiniSuit ASUS Transformer Prime Case TF201  Leather-like Multi-View stand folio case cover designed for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime 2 (newest model) - Black
MiniSuit ASUS Transformer Prime Case TF201 Leather-like Multi-View stand folio case cover designed for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime 2 (newest model) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Case!!!, February 7, 2012
Fantastic case! Makes a great accessory for my TF-201 Transformer Prime. Fits somewhat snug with secure velcro, and has two positions (just turn on auto-rotate to get it to flip upside down).

Good quality leather, no physical problems, slots for all ports and I haven't had any problems with it yet! Gives me a good grip on the tablet at all times.

For the price, it is 100% worth it!!!

Need for Speed Carbon - Nintendo Wii
Need for Speed Carbon - Nintendo Wii
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $23.99
52 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wii Game ever!, December 28, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just got the wii for christmas, and right away i bought this thinking

it would be fun.... I WAS RIGHT!! It is the best Wii game i have ever played! People who are saying it has poor control either onlyplayed the first scene, or chose a bad car. I suggest the mazda if you get the game. Best game ever!